Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The RACECOURSE roll call

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Does anyone know Super Stripes? If they do, please get in contact with him ASAP as I need to know whether or not he is coming and so can give me a lift!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
On the Left Wing said:
Spoke to Radio Five Live - they along with BBC Cumbria (odd choice!) and Southern Counties Radio are covering everything. The guy I spoke to has asked for various Brighton and Wrexham fans to be interviewed before and after the game at Wrexham.

YES!!

I can practise my Martin Perry..

*swinging fist* "It's about football, but it's about alot more than that."

I thank you. :lolol:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
samparish said:
Does anyone know Super Stripes? If they do, please get in contact with him ASAP as I need to know whether or not he is coming and so can give me a lift!

PM him Sam! Or what about the Bristol City bunch???

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
On the Left Wing said:
PM him Sam! Or what about the Bristol City bunch???

I have PM'd him, and emailed him and have heard nothing. I can't go on the Bristol City coach either as its full and there wasn't enough demand to put on another one.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
samparish said:
I have PM'd him, and emailed him and have heard nothing. I can't go on the Bristol City coach either as its full and there wasn't enough demand to put on another one.

Email Bozza and see if he will send him a personal email for you?

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Hi everyone going to Wrexham.
I'd have loved to have come too - unfortunately Paul & Richard are both away tomorrow and also we're doing the first plays of 'Tom Hark(We Want Falmer') and 'Sussex By The Sea'. If Wrexham were up for it and someone could pick one up, you could have the first play simultaneously at Wrexham too! Unfortunately it'll be an unmastered copy (which basically means it'll need to be played louder) 'cos we're not getting the masters back till Monday. If you (and Wrexham) think this is a good idea, I'm in Brighton tonight to see Chumbawamba and could meet someone in the Evening Star to pick it up. Incidentally, needless to say I've put a bit about the Wrexham disgrace in the sleeve notes for the single (see the other thread)

In any case, I'd like you to pass this message on to the Wrexham activists. Of course some will see it here. But please take a copy with you. If the single idea works I'll put it in with that tonight.

On behalf of all of us from Brighton who can't be here today, rest assured we are with you in spirit, totally united with you in your battle against uncaring, profiteering moneymen and as determined as you are to make sure that what happened to us at Brighton never happens again - at Wrexham or anywhere else.

On Saturday 26th April 1997 we stood on the terraces at the Goldstone for the last time, knowing that the ground we loved was about to be pulled down and destroyed because of one man's personal greed. We fought that man, our Hamilton, to a standstill while the FA stood on the sidelines wringing its hands ('it's a business matter, football clubs are limited companies..)

Dick Knight, Paul Samrah and myself ended up confronting Archer not in the offices of the FA, but in the Centre for Dispute Resolution of the CBI. That's how much the FA cared, and they don't seem to care any more now. Don't be discouraged. Thousands of real football fans all over the country are behind you and these bastards will never destroy us. You will get rid of Hamilton, as we got rid of Archer. But unlike us, you must do so without losing your ground. None of us want fellow fans to go through what we did that day.
SAVE THE RACECOURSE!
Attila

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
attila said:
I'd have loved to have come too - unfortunately Paul & Richard are both away tomorrow and also we're doing the first plays of 'Tom Hark(We Want Falmer') and 'Sussex By The Sea'. If Wrexham were up for it and someone could pick one up, you could have the first play simultaneously at Wrexham too! Unfortunately it'll be an unmastered copy (which basically means it'll need to be played louder) 'cos we're not getting the masters back till Monday. If you (and Wrexham) think this is a good idea, I'm in Brighton tonight to see Chumbawamba and could meet someone in the Evening Star to pick it up. Incidentally, needless to say I've put a bit about the Wrexham disgrace in the sleeve notes for the single (see the other thread)

In any case, I'd like you to pass this message on to the Wrexham activists. Of course some will see it here. But please take a copy with you. If the single idea works I'll put it in with that tonight.

On behalf of all of us from Brighton who can't be here today, rest assured we are with you in spirit, totally united with you in your battle against uncaring, profiteering moneymen and as determined as you are to make sure that what happened to us at Brighton never happens again - at Wrexham or anywhere else.

On Saturday 26th April 1997 we stood on the terraces at the Goldstone for the last time, knowing that the ground we loved was about to be pulled down and destroyed because of one man's personal greed. We fought that man, our Hamilton, to a standstill while the FA stood on the sidelines wringing its hands ('it's a business matter, football clubs are limited companies..)

Dick Knight, Paul Samrah and myself ended up confronting Archer not in the offices of the FA, but in the Centre for Dispute Resolution of the CBI. That's how much the FA cared, and they don't seem to care any more now. Don't be discouraged. Thousands of real football fans all over the country are behind you and these bastards will never destroy us. You will get rid of Hamilton, as we got rid of Archer. But unlike us, you must do so without losing your ground. None of us want fellow fans to go through what we did that day.
SAVE THE RACECOURSE!
Attila

Dunno about the single - can Biscuit or Hilton or somebody pick on up???

But will definitely pass on your message to the WST and hopefully get it read out in the ground
:clap: :clap: :clap:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
On the Left Wing said:
Email Bozza and see if he will send him a personal email for you?

did that 2 days ago too, still nothing. I'm gonna see if anyone on Red-Passion can help out.

Last edited:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Just had the Western Mail on the phone – Wales and the western midlands daily paper – they are doing a big piece tomorrow morning.

Wrexham Evening Leader suggesting the town could be mobbed out this weekend – also running loads of pieces.

Daily Post following suit

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
samparish said:
did that 2 days ago too, still nothing. I'm gonna see if anyone on Red-Passion can help out.

have emailed you loads of Wrexham contacts

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
attila said:

SAVE THE RACECOURSE!
Attila

Have printed out a dozen copies of your statement which I will distribute to WST members and hopefully we can get some kind of PA announcement.
If not we will post them in the pubs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here