Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The RACECOURSE roll call

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Hiney said:
Brilliant

I assume that is the big one in the centre where we all went last year.

Leaving at 9 with Turkey & Biscuit so allowing fro traffic should be there close to 1

Marvellous

:clap2:

can one of you liaise with Ben Andrew's Girlfriend as she is looking for a lift?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
True unity ..... just got this email:

I am a member of the board of the Wrexham Supporters Trust.

The Trust would like to invite you all to the Wrexham Lager club from 1pm onwards and we would like to buy you and all your Brighton colleagues a beer. Indeed we will be buying a pint for every supporter from a third party team who is wearing their colours.

We would also hope that we can 'use' you for a bit of PR and have some photos taken by the press if that’s ok, we will of course mention your current situation as well.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Hiney said:
Does that mean we should go straight to the Lager Club?

I think if we meet at Wetherspoons (which everyone can find) we can then go to the Lager Club donw the road (a few minutes walk)

Dunno what others think?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
On the Left Wing said:
I think if we meet at Wetherspoons (which everyone can find) we can then go to the Lager Club donw the road (a few minutes walk)

Dunno what others think?

Makes sense except I 'ate friggin' lager:lolol: I'm sure we'll visit all of the nearby pubs en route anyway:p

I'll be starting out from the Wynnstay (Better check that they've got a room) right after I've been to TJ Hughes and TK Maxx to buy some new shreddies:cool: .....

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Hiney said:
Brilliant

I assume that is the big one in the centre where we all went last year.

Leaving at 9 with Turkey & Biscuit so allowing fro traffic should be there close to 1

Marvellous

:clap2:

Samparish has PM'd me and should PM you soon I think about a possible lift from Bristol?

B.A.G. could come to Southampton with Biscuit?

wrexhamgnasher

Oct 12, 2004
Oswestry
Lager club isn't hard to find, its on the road leading to the ground. Its next to an AMs office (John Marek, who supports gutterman :tosser: ) hes got a save the racecourse poster in his window.

I won't be able to meet you lot at Weatherspoons and doubt I will be able to come into Lager Club, I'll be in PG though. Theres an old man on the door at the lager club and this is my conversation with him last time and most of the other times i go in

old man : you can't go in there
me : im here to see lindsay
old man : who?
me : lindsay
old man :who?
me (quite slow) lindsay
old man : i cant here you lad
me : (really slow and clear) L-i-n-d-s-a-y
old man: oooo lindsay! well why didn't you say! go on go through

:shootself

wrexhamgnasher

Oct 12, 2004
Oswestry
Bwian said:
Makes sense except I 'ate friggin' lager:lolol: I'm sure we'll visit all of the nearby pubs en route anyway:p

I'll be starting out from the Wynnstay (Better check that they've got a room) right after I've been to TJ Hughes and TK Maxx to buy some new shreddies:cool: .....

Weatherspoons, Turf and Lager club, yep thats every pub on the way! :lolol:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm a bit out of touch with this [and a tad puzzled].

Are you all Brighton fans [some actually living in the Brighton area] who are going up to support Wrexham on Saturday? I've seen/read that Wrexham are in some serious difficulties and so this is a highly commendable action.

But why aren't you going to Withdean to support the Albion?

Last edited:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Shropshire Seagull said:
I'm a bit out of touch with this [and a tad puzzled].

Are you all Brighton fans [some actually living in the Brighton area] who are going up to support Wrexham on Saturday? I've seen/read that Wrexham are in some serious difficulties and so this is a highly commendable action.

But why aren't you going to Withdean to support the Albion?

Withdean will be packed - big Fans United event there as well.

This event at the Racecourse has been on the cards for sometime - originally planned for January, but rushed forward because of the time left for Wrexham to survive.

If you are based in Shropshire please try and get to the Racecourse - it promises to match the original Fans United day in many ways

(please see top of thread for details etc and elsewhere on NSC!)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Well one reason is that I'm bloody sick of Withdean!

Plenty of clubs have helped us out with Falmer.

Wrexham are in serious, serious trouble and I want to support them.

10 point deducted today. If they go down and MK bloody Dons stay up it'll be a sad day for football.

We will all go crazy in Wrexham if we score at Withdean!

It's not an easy decision though. I LOVE the Albion but I don't think my presence in a lifeless crowd at Withdean will make much difference and I'll certanly be at the Ipswich match on the 27th.

My Withdean ticket should go to a young cousin of mine who will hopefully see us win 4-0 and be hooked for life.

Last edited:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
That is really profound Turkey and in some way sums up how we all feel.

We all love the Albion and will always be there for our club ... the trouble is the Wrexham fans may not have a club to be there for.

It really touched me when a load of them said that if their club folds, they would become Brighton supporters .... I think that speaks volumes about what this is all about

Turkey said:
Well one reason is that I'm bloody sick of Withdean!

Plenty of clubs have helped us out with Falmer.

Wrexham are in serious, serious trouble and I want to support them.

10 point deducted today. If they go down and MK bloody Dons stay up it'll be a sad day for football.

We will all go crazy in Wrexham if we score at Withdean!

It's not an easy decision though. I LOVE the Albion but I don't think my presence in a lifeless crowd at Withdean will make much difference and I'll certanly be at the Ipswich match on the 27th.

My Withdean ticket should go to a young cousin of mine who will hopefully see us win 4-0 and be hooked for life.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Yes I'm Shropshire (Telford) based and there's a few other Albion fans in town - Wrexham is only about 40 mins up the road from here so I'll put the word out to see if we can get a car load. Option a) was Wolves Vs Coventry @ Mollinneux (20 mins away) but Wrexham sound like they need all the help they can get.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Shropshire Seagull said:
Yes I'm Shropshire (Telford) based and there's a few other Albion fans in town - Wrexham is only about 40 mins up the road from here so I'll put the word out to see if we can get a car load. Option a) was Wolves Vs Coventry @ Mollinneux (20 mins away) but Wrexham sound like they need all the help they can get.

And wear the stripes too-the more of us there are, the better. You know the pubs we're going to and you'll be safe in Albion colours. It'll do a lot more good than going to see Wolves....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here