Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The police.. and not the one with Sting in it

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve just seen it. The copper who kicks him in the head might not have even known the kiddy had been tazered…. He was in fight mode still… not protect and serve mode.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
just watched it again… mmm.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
I’ve just seen it. The copper who kicks him in the head might not have even known the kiddy had been tapered…. He was in fight mode still… not protect and serve mode.
"Tapered" or not having watched the lead up, the way the yobs punched two female officers to the ground, breaking one of thems' nose in the process, would have caused me to take a stronger line. If they're from Dubai, or wherever the flight was from, stick the lot of them back on the next available flight ! Ex Sussex Police 1975 x 1999

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
PSPO restrictions are in association with anti social behaviour, there isn't a blanket ban on drinking in Public, as there are in some areas.
I was alone and finishing the can of lager I had on the train, by the bins outside the Station, before I went on to the pub, in no way was I a nuisance to anyone. I asked the officer why, and he said you can't drink on the street in Brighton, so I said that wasn't true, I am going to finish it and put it in the bin, he turned away, and I finished my can and put it in the bin.
Its similar to an Officer demanding I give him my name, unless they suspect you of breaching an ASBO, they have no right to just stop you and demand you identify yourself, and they should tell you if they are using any special powers that don't usually apply.
Semantics. And the police have the right to demand your details for many, many more reasons than breaching an ASBO although it would be a CPO, CPW or CPN. ASBO’s don’t exist anymore and haven’t for some number of years.

I absolutely understand what you are saying and I agree with you .

I’m just picking up on some points because you are incorrect about quite a lot of your claims.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Semantics.
It isn’t. One of the solicitors I worked with was out one evening in a denim jacket with a hat on. A copper stopped him for no apparent reason, demanding his name and address. He refused saying he didn’t have to give it.
The copper got stroppy declaring it was the law, and saying he wanted to know who he was.
My friend said, you won’t know, but I know who you are PC *****. (Not swear words).

He just walked away.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It isn’t. One of the solicitors I worked with was out one evening in a denim jacket with a hat on. A copper stopped him for no apparent reason, demanding his name and address. He refused saying he didn’t have to give it.
The copper got stroppy declaring it was the law, and saying he wanted to know who he was.
My friend said, you won’t know, but I know who you are PC *****. (Not swear words).

He just walked away.
When?

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020

He just walked away.
Big of him !

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

He just walked away.
Well that copper is an idiot.

I haven’t claimed the demanding of details is semantics. That is clear cut. Not sure why you’ve picked up on that. The law is very clear in that point.

It’s the drinking. While public drinking is not prohibited, the police do have the right to remove alcohol from people.

Some coppers are ignorant morons who don’t know the law but it’s important we also have our facts right if we are going to argue the law with them.

Anyway. I suspect we all agree on this matter.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A number of comments on this thread have related to the Tommy Robinson rally yesterday at Trafalgar Square stereotyping everyone who attended. At 70 years old my curiosity got the better of me and for the first time I attended one of these rallies. I did not witness any of the altercations described here, I'm not saying they didn't happen but also remember the wonderful Sadiq Khan, who, in his wisdom, permitted a left wing march by Jeremy Corbin to conclude in Whitehall yards from the Tommy Robinson rally. On the way down The Strand I heard a few insults being thrown at the marchers, many marchers shouted "don't rise to the bait" presumably this is a regular occurrence. At Trafalgar Square I saw no trouble and the police had a very relaxed afternoon. Much is made of the nine arrests, which group are they all from? Obviously, anyone who didn't attend wouldn't know what was said by the speakers on the stage. There was a strong anti Islam feeling concerning people arriving on dinghies and receiving food, clothing, accommodation and medical care when our own, especially former servicemen are forced to sleep rough, this is a divided subject. There were also other speakers who were anti covid vaccine, these I didn't agree with as I feel we all had a choice. One other speaker particularly got my attention was a lady who was raped at the age of 16, the religion of her attacker is not relevant. On his release he was permitted full access to the child as he is the father, does anyone think this is right. As I say I am not a knuckle dragging moron, just much the same of the majority attending, all ages, both sexes, and believe it or not all colours and religions.
Hopefully Tommy back behind bars for peddling his outright lies.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well that copper is an idiot.

I haven’t claimed the demanding of details is semantics. That is clear cut. Not sure why you’ve picked up on that. The law is very clear in that point.

It’s the drinking. While public drinking is not prohibited, the police do have the right to remove alcohol from people.

Some coppers are ignorant morons who don’t know the law but it’s important we also have our facts right if we are going to argue the law with them.

Anyway. I suspect we all agree on this matter.
We do agree, and I picked up on it, as it was the second paragraph of the quote. Some coppers do like to throw their weight around, whereas others are excellent cops.
I went to my cousin’s funeral in May, a copper for 30 years after leaving the Navy, and a very sound trustworthy bloke.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
From what I understand has been reported so far

There was an argument on a flight from Dubai between the mother of the two brothers arrested and a third party which may have included some racist abuse.

The argument kicked off again at a coffee shop at the airport (I want to say Starbucks, but I'm trying to remain factual) which may have included a trolley being used.

The two brothers and their mother then left the airport and went to the Car Park.

When paying for the carpark, one of the brothers was 'approached and detained' by the police which resulted in an altercation (video 3 released today - the windmilling).

The second part of the altercation was recorded and released yesterday (video 2 - the kicks).

After the two brothers were arrested, witnesses (who were filming) were pepper sprayed and head locked the ground (video 2 yesterday) but I believe they have been released.

Hopefully the bodycams were on throughout and will be available to the court. As an ex-Albion manager said 'ees complicated', but I certainly wouldn't let that stop fairly stupid and angry people abusing both sides :dunce:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What lies are you referring to?
Robinson, 41, is actually called Stephen Yaxley-Lennon. However, according to academics that have researched the EDL, he took on a pseudonym to "disguise his previous history of violent behaviour and BNP support". The pseudonym itself derives from Luton Town Football Club's notorious football firm, Luton Town Men-in-Gear - better known as Luton Town MIGs. The leader of the firm, known to be violent, was known to use the pseudonym before Yaxley-Lennon took it on.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1928832/tommy-robinson-real-name-why-he-changed-it

Just for starters, why do you think he changed it :shrug:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Have you never had a can of lager on the street, or ran for a train?
No i’ve never had a can of Lager on the street, if a Police officer asked me to stop drinking I would and offer to dispose of it and yes ofc i’ve ran for a train, if a Police officer mistook me for somone running from his colleague i’d quickly ID myself and be on my way 👍

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
People were claiming the man kicked in the head was restrained before being kicked.

The footage in video 2 shows he was not restrained.

He had been tasered but nobody was restraining him. He’d just attacked armed police officers in an extremely aggressive assault.

Officer was neutralising any potential threat.

No case to answer.

He f***ed about, he found out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here