Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The police.. and not the one with Sting in it

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Do we know why the coppers were not kicking the crap out of Tommy’s goons who attacked emergency service people? I assume they would all have supported the police doing this, just as they will support the legal challenge to Tommy showing his video yesterday before his contempt of court trial. It would be such a shame if it helped get Tommy put back behind bars like that time he was arrested after attacking a copper who tried to stop him beating his girlfriend.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Facts? :laugh:

Police said two men were arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm after an assault on a counter-protester, while another man was arrested on suspicion of assaulting an emergency worker and a racially aggravated public order offence after a police officer was kicked.

Another four people were arrested outside a pub in Whitehall on suspicion of assault on emergency workers after four police officers were assaulted.

One man was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and a racially aggravated public order offence after allegedly snapping the pole of a Palestinian flag and making a racially abusive remark.
Meanwhile in Manchester, a radical group of protesters shouting whatever they like and causing criminal damage to Greater Manchester police station by throwing things at the windows etc. No arrests. In fact no police presence, unless you include hiding inside the station. Two tier policing.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Meanwhile in Manchester, a radical group of protesters shouting whatever they like and causing criminal damage to Greater Manchester police station by throwing things at the windows etc. No arrests. In fact no police presence, unless you include hiding inside the station. Two tier policing.
Have you got a link to this please? Interested to see what actually happened.

Here is the Mail reporting on Tommy thugs fighting police. Do you think the police should have kicked their heads in? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ar-Square-protests-violent-police-arrest.html

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The usual right-wing fash on X saying Cooper should resign for not backing our wonderful police officers, yet ignoring the multiple attacks on the police at their boys' march yesterday.

Obviously the original attack at Manchester Airport was despicable and I hope they get locked up for a long time, but the police are meant to act with restraint, that is what they are trained to do. Kicking someone in the head could kill them.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Studiously avoiding the question I asked you AND the fact your "facts" were incorrect. So I ask again. Assuming, hypothetically, the news story I posted is true and people at the rally were arrested for kicking a police officer, would you support them being kicked in the head once they were restrained and in handcuffs?

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Have you got a link to this please? Interested to see what actually happened.

Here is the Mail reporting on Tommy thugs fighting police. Do you think the police should have kicked their heads in? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ar-Square-protests-violent-police-arrest.html
Yes. I’d expect police to fight back and protect their own. It’s a sign of force I’d be happy to see more, personally. Appreciate others may disagree. Call me old fashioned but if I punched a copper, or multiples coppers I’d expect a few whacks

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Studiously avoiding the question I asked you AND the fact your "facts" were incorrect. So I ask again. Assuming, hypothetically, the news story I posted is true and people at the rally were arrested for kicking a police officer, would you support them being kicked in the head once they were restrained and in handcuffs?
I know I’d rather see police stand up for themselves and show more authority. For example, the videos of them running down the street away from the riots in Leeds. Absolutely embarrassing

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Yes. I’d expect police to fight back and protect their own. It’s a sign of force I’d be happy to see more, personally. Appreciate others may disagree. Call me old fashioned but if I punched a copper, or multiples coppers I’d expect a few whacks
So to be clear, you are in favour of the police breaking the law? We are not talking about proportionate force in defending yourself and your colleagues. We are talking about attacking a defenceless person.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The usual right-wing fash on X saying Cooper should resign for not backing our wonderful police officers, yet ignoring the multiple attacks on the police at their boys' march yesterday.

Obviously the original attack at Manchester Airport was despicable and I hope they get locked up for a long time, but the police are meant to act with restraint, that is what they are trained to do. Kicking someone in the head could kill them.
You are right, and giving the police the nod to show criminals what for is a slippery slope/ disaster waiting to happen. Naive to think otherwise.
That said, when watching the new Manc Airport footage in context i find it hard not to feel sympathy for the male copper (If he loses his career) and little sympathy for the man who punched the female coppers.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
So to be clear, you are in favour of the police breaking the law? We are not talking about proportionate force in defending yourself and your colleagues. We are talking about attacking a defenceless person.
Having seen the CCTV footage released yesterday. I don’t believe he did break the law. My opinion is there was a significant enough threat to use appropriate force. Especially in this case, at an international airport

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Having seen the CCTV footage released yesterday. I don’t believe he did break the law. My opinion is there was a significant enough threat to use appropriate force. Especially in this case, at an international airport
Well I am guessing we will find out if/when it goes through the courts, won't we?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

That's the thing, isn't it? I wouldn't shed any tears if he suddenly got something terminal or a kicking in jail. But once the Police think they are above the law and can put the boot in like it is a drunken Saturday night once they have the bloke in handcuffs, it is a slippery slope.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It's funny what people see. It's like a penalty decision, from two different sets of supporters.
To me, I see a guy being approached from behind and immediately manhandled, an officer tries to him put into a head lock and tries to force him down, his brother then grabs the headlock officers arm, as I think I might if someone is rough handling my brother, and that officer then throws the first punch, it gets messy. The approach from the police was shit and anyone would be somewhat resistant, to being grabbed and restrained from behind.
Unless they personally witnessed him assaulting someone else prior, I don't think it's reasonable to try and take him down for not immediately complying when grabbed from behind.
It might help if audio emerges, hope they all had their body cams on.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If these mugs can’t behave themselves in public and resist arrest and become violent to the Police more fool them! Its really easy, if you don’t want to get beaten up by the feds then comply, i know many find the act of complicit behaviour difficult
The man was not being violent at the moment they grabbed him. It's not unreasonable to resist being grabbed from behind.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think he's trying to detain the first guy in the blue, and twists down, he's then sucker punched by the second one in the gray.
The guy in grey grabs the coppers arm, presumably to stop him forcing his brothers head down, the copper then punches out at the man in grey, twice, before the guy twat's him back. The guy in blue then starts throwing punches at another officer that is punching his brother.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
No-one is questioning any force used in subduing him or the fact he was the aggressor. You are advocating assault of someone in handcuffs no longer able to attack the police. Regardless of whether the person deserves it, it is unjustified. The same as taking him back to the cells and giving him a good kicking when no-one is looking.
The one in blue?, he wasn't handcuffed was he ?. Not using that as any justification but we need to be correct about what we say.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If these mugs can’t behave themselves in public and resist arrest and become violent to the Police more fool them! Its really easy, if you don’t want to get beaten up by the feds then comply, i know many find the act of complicit behaviour difficult
Personally, I don't just do as I am told depending on what a bloke is wearing. I have had plenty of Police Officers make demands of me they have no right to expect me to comply with, and if they do it aggressively or disrespectfully, I don't do it.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The one in blue?, he wasn't handcuffed was he ?. Not using that as any justification but we need to be correct about what we say.
Must admit I only originally saw the first video on the news and I thought his hands were behind his back so it may be an incorrect assumption. I know it is one clip out of context which will be seized upon but it was obvious from just that one clip that the bloke was a wrongun and may well, in the global scheme of things, deserved all the kickings he has coming to him. But it was clear that the copper was putting the boot in at the end for the sake of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here