Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The police.. and not the one with Sting in it

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I’ve just seen it. The copper who kicks him in the head might not have even known the kiddy had been tazered…. He was in fight mode still… not protect and serve mode.
He was pointing his own taser right at him, before then kicking him in the head. If he was concerned about more violence, he could have tazered him himself.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Robinson, 41, is actually called Stephen Yaxley-Lennon. However, according to academics that have researched the EDL, he took on a pseudonym to "disguise his previous history of violent behaviour and BNP support". The pseudonym itself derives from Luton Town Football Club's notorious football firm, Luton Town Men-in-Gear - better known as Luton Town MIGs. The leader of the firm, known to be violent, was known to use the pseudonym before Yaxley-Lennon took it on.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1928832/tommy-robinson-real-name-why-he-changed-it

Just for starters, why do you think he changed it :shrug:
I’m confused, I always thought that Yaxley-Lennon changed his name to Tommy Robinson, in almost homage to Luton’s alleged ‘Top Boy’, but has there ever been an actual genuine Tommy Robinson or is it an alias they’ve all used down the years?

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
We do agree, and I picked up on it, as it was the second paragraph of the quote. Some coppers do like to throw their weight around, whereas others are excellent cops.
I went to my cousin’s funeral in May, a copper for 30 years after leaving the Navy, and a very sound trustworthy bloke.
You do seem not to like the police in general, why is this?

I know more dodgy lawyers/ barristers, and would trust the working man policeman in head to head with a lawyer any day of the week.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I know more dodgy lawyers/ barristers, and would trust the working man policeman in head to head with a lawyer any day of the week.
What a weird post on this thread to pull out to infer someone doesn’t like the police.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I know more dodgy cabby's/minicab drivers and would trust a working dog walker in a head to head with a cabby any day of the week. WTF :laugh:

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
What a weird post on this thread to pull out to infer someone doesn’t like the police.
Why are you bothered?
Maybe I read the post early in the thread wrongly, when they appeared very anti police, or as I read it....I will now have to look it up to see if I can find it.

Maybe they could put me straight themselves.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think that says more about you than anything else..

Why are you bothered?
Maybe I read the post early in the thread wrongly, when they appeared very anti police, or as I read it....I will now have to look it up to see if I can find it.

Probably best if I leave 'the two' of you to it.

Night :bigwave:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why are you bothered?

Why shouldn’t I be, you chose to reply to someone randomly, I responded randomly. It’s a public message board.

Good luck finding it.

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
Robinson, 41, is actually called Stephen Yaxley-Lennon. However, according to academics that have researched the EDL, he took on a pseudonym to "disguise his previous history of violent behaviour and BNP support". The pseudonym itself derives from Luton Town Football Club's notorious football firm, Luton Town Men-in-Gear - better known as Luton Town MIGs. The leader of the firm, known to be violent, was known to use the pseudonym before Yaxley-Lennon took it on.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1928832/tommy-robinson-real-name-why-he-changed-it

Just for starters, why do you think he changed it :shrug:
Blimey you have sent me a daily express link to read?? Are we getting a foot of snow tomorrow as well?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
A number of comments on this thread have related to the Tommy Robinson rally yesterday at Trafalgar Square stereotyping everyone who attended. At 70 years old my curiosity got the better of me and for the first time I attended one of these rallies. I did not witness any of the altercations described here, I'm not saying they didn't happen but also remember the wonderful Sadiq Khan, who, in his wisdom, permitted a left wing march by Jeremy Corbin to conclude in Whitehall yards from the Tommy Robinson rally. On the way down The Strand I heard a few insults being thrown at the marchers, many marchers shouted "don't rise to the bait" presumably this is a regular occurrence. At Trafalgar Square I saw no trouble and the police had a very relaxed afternoon. Much is made of the nine arrests, which group are they all from? Obviously, anyone who didn't attend wouldn't know what was said by the speakers on the stage. There was a strong anti Islam feeling concerning people arriving on dinghies and receiving food, clothing, accommodation and medical care when our own, especially former servicemen are forced to sleep rough, this is a divided subject. There were also other speakers who were anti covid vaccine, these I didn't agree with as I feel we all had a choice. One other speaker particularly got my attention was a lady who was raped at the age of 16, the religion of her attacker is not relevant. On his release he was permitted full access to the child as he is the father, does anyone think this is right. As I say I am not a knuckle dragging moron, just much the same of the majority attending, all ages, both sexes, and believe it or not all colours and religions.
Was the father one of the those far right types who Tommy hangs about with and defends or the other variety? Did Tommy kick off about a female officer being assaulted? I hope so given that he was convicted for assaulting a male police officer who intervened while he assaulted his female girlfriend.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What's the quickest way to find it.....please?
On the main board click the number next to <replies> under the thread title, that will list each poster and how many replies they’ve made on that thread. Click the number next to their name and it will list their posts on the thread.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
People were claiming the man kicked in the head was restrained before being kicked.

The footage in video 2 shows he was not restrained.

He had been tasered but nobody was restraining him. He’d just attacked armed police officers in an extremely aggressive assault.

Officer was neutralising any potential threat.

No case to answer.

He f***ed about, he found out.
Thankyou! Some common sense is welcomed

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
People were claiming the man kicked in the head was restrained before being kicked.

The footage in video 2 shows he was not restrained.

He had been tasered but nobody was restraining him. He’d just attacked armed police officers in an extremely aggressive assault.

Officer was neutralising any potential threat.

No case to answer.

He f***ed about, he found out.
The threat had been neutralised by the taser. The officer didn't need to kick or stamp but chose to. There is a case to answer and I'm guessing he'll regret that action.

Hopefully, the stupid action of this policemen will not undermine the case against the man for what went on before and the assault on the female officer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here