Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The police.. and not the one with Sting in it

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Just so I’ve got this right. Thousands have been walking the streets of London every Saturday since last October, calling for jihad, death to Jews and openly supporting a recognised terror organisation, and according the the MET police and the mayor is perfectly fine.

Tommy Robinson holds a peaceful event, shows a films which proves corruption yet he is the one who is arrested and charged on terror offences. That’s a mental state of play right?
On first glance what you have wrong is:

The protests were in support of the Palestinian people who are not recognised as a terror organisation.

Tommy was arrested for screening the film against high court orders.

Not really a mental state of play from what I can see.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Just so I’ve got this right. Thousands have been walking the streets of London every Saturday since last October, calling for jihad, death to Jews and openly supporting a recognised terror organisation, and according the the MET police and the mayor is perfectly fine.

Tommy Robinson holds a peaceful event, shows a films which proves corruption yet he is the one who is arrested and charged on terror offences. That’s a mental state of play right?
Can you share the evidence of thousands calling for jihad every Saturday please? I don’t know enough about the Middle East conflict to have a proper view. As far as I can tell Israel have crossed the line into war crime territory quite a few times. People in the streets are supporting Palestine not Hamas but hopefully you know the difference.

How does the video from Convicted police officer assaulter and girlfriend beater who illegally enters other countries and assaults people there prove corruption please?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
The last time I spoke to a Police officer was when my son’s bike was stolen 2 years ago. They didn’t find it.
The time before that I was 10 and was told to stop kicking a ball against a garage wall.
(am now 51)
How times change, and not for the better.
Sad, the country I grew up in has changed irrevocably, for the worst.
Take away technology and we have regressed a society.
The last time I spoke to a police officer I was walking out of a pub and he stopped his car. He asked if I had a good night and where was I going. I said yes and home, any chance of a lift? Which he duly obliged.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

What is a mental state of play is you suggesting Robinson’s film ‘proves’ corruption. :lolol:

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014

If someone was looking for evidence of Tommy Robinson's malign influence this post would be a great example.

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
Anything been achieved by this thread yet? The sun is out folks. Switch off and make hay. On your death beds the last thing you'll be thinking is: "God, I wished I'd spent more time pointlessly trying to change other's opinions on NSC and arguing with them"

Use your life or lose it :wink:

Totally agree ... I've had a 10 minute browse of NSC over a coffee this morning but about to log off and head out the front door for a nice long walk in a rare day of summer sunshine ...

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I find it odd that those posters who have said that because they have never personally experienced any problems with the police they are dubious of those who have, as if to suggest that they must have brought that trouble upon themselves.

Would they apply that same reasoning to victims of rape?

We all have different life experiences, and some of us are fortunate enough to escape the more unpleasant experiences that others, through no fault of their own, have not.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Anything been achieved by this thread yet? The sun is out folks. Switch off and make hay. On your death beds the last thing you'll be thinking is: "God, I wished I'd spent more time pointlessly trying to change other's opinions on NSC and arguing with them"

Use your life or lose it

Following on from this, here's a pic that I took in Siena earlier this month :blush:
ice cream.jpg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I find it odd that those posters who have said that because they have never personally experienced any problems with the police they are dubious of those who have, as if to suggest that they must have brought that trouble upon themselves.

Would they apply that same reasoning to victims of rape?

We all have different life experiences, and some of us are fortunate enough to escape the more unpleasant experiences that others, through no fault of their own, have not.
Possibly because you only have one side of the story and in some cases there is more to it than just someone innocently going about their business!

Really don't get the analogy to rape victims though!

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
!Just so I’ve got this right. Thousands have been walking the streets of London every Saturday since last October, calling for jihad, death to Jews and openly supporting a recognised terror organisation

(Derailing Thread Alert in response)

No, you've got it absolutely wrong.

You'd be arrested for those crimes you mention. You're not allowed to say or do any of those on the streets of London and that has been made clear by the Met Police.

You'd be most unlikely to see such behaviour, even in crowds of say 300,000, though examples of placards supporting Hamas I believe in rarity have existed. These leaflets (see below) are given out by a huge Police presence as guidelines, in their thousands, to protesters and received with no animosity or ill feeling at all and between whom a good rapport is held.

You'd be more likely to see an arrest at a football game of only 30,000 for someone spouting something unsavoury just to give some perspective.

1923.jpg

You conveniently (for you) present your misleading ideas of why on occasion between 200,000 and 600,000 have gathered in London (with very little press coverage) and as they will next weekend, in contrast to those who are campaigning for a ceasefire and in their belief calling for an end to UK licences arming Israel and against the UK government's policies and complicity they see in the Genocide taking place by Israel of Palestinians and the flattening of the Gaza strip.

If people commit any of the crimes you have mentioned they know they can expect to and will be, and have on rare occasion been arrested, though normally for more minor offences within the leaflet. I have not seen this personally even in gatherings so vast (perhaps one example of a single placard receiving attention from Police, though unclear to me)

I do accept that with the unfortunate events of October antisemetic feeling has no doubt increased nationally, as It would also appear has Islamaphobic sentiment.

These several isolated arrests on occasion on the marches will likely receive more press coverage than the protest itself ( ie if arrested for showing a sign supporting Hamas, or climbing on a statue. I think your example of shouting death to Jews is stretching it tbh, it's really not that kind of ambience on the peace marches, though you may have found an example somewhere)

There was perhaps more associated animosity in October, but the law is clear and the Police are clear it will be upheld.

Just a reminder that the International Court of Justice have also found against Israel.

ICJ President Nawaf Salam said it had found that "Israel's... continued presence in the Occupied Palestinian Territory is illegal."

"The State of Israel is under the obligation to bring an end to its unlawful presence in the Occupied Palestinian Territory as rapidly as possible," he said.

Thereby its seen that Israel are breaking International Law and 'terrorising' Palestine.

But dont worry, you will not be arrested for showing support of Israel on the streets of London.

....now time to get out.

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
The last time I spoke to a Police officer was when my son’s bike was stolen 2 years ago. They didn’t find it.
The time before that I was 10 and was told to stop kicking a ball against a garage wall.
(am now 51)
How times change, and not for the better.
Sad, the country I grew up in has changed irrevocably, for the worst.
Take away technology and we have regressed a society.
Obviously these divisions have been created by the ever widening gap between the rich and poor, culture wars and the likes of bungle and the tin pot enoch Powell chap

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Possibly because you only have one side of the story and in some cases there is more to it than just someone innocently going about their business!

Really don't get the analogy to rape victims though!
Firstly I was referring to those instances where people have had genuine problems with the police through no fault of their own, and there have been plenty of those instances, documented and otherwise, so those instances have nothing to do with "only having one side of the story" or it being a case of "more than someone just innocently going about their business" .

Secondly I thought the rape analogy was an obvious one, in that we have thankfully moved a long way from assuming a rape victim must have been "asking for it", which can be similarly applied to those who have had trouble with the police. Sometimes it is simply a case of someone just innocently going about their business.

Also "trouble with the police" can take many forms, and it isn't only alleged perpetrators of crimes who have bad experiences with the police, but victims of crimes can have bad experiences with the police too, which they didn't invite on themselves. Just Google "Inspector Dominic O'Brien" or "Inspector Tony Lumb" or "Inspector Rob Leet", all of whom acted inappropriately towards vulnerable victims of crime, and that is just within Sussex Police. And they are higher ranking officers who one would hope would have higher standards of behaviour for them to have reached those positions of rank.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Take away uniforms. If these videos were of a fight in West Street on a Saturday night, would you think that stamping on someones head when they are already on the floor reasonable?
I've always been taught, and have taught my kids, never to kick someone when they're down, metaphorically and physically. Admittedly we've never been in that kind of situation but if someone's on the floor and you're standing upright, you have the upper hand.
There was no need for it and in my eyes it's wrong, no matter what the situation and who did what before.
He had more justification for shooting him instead of tasering him & then kicking him.
It's the fact that he kicked him when he was already on the floor that's annoying most people.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010

Use your life or lose it :wink:
“Honey, I’m just arguing with someone on the inter webs”

The amount of time people waste of their precious life arguing with random people online, time we will never get back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here