Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The PLASTICS can piss right off

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
I persuaded a pub in a small scottish town to show the game, albeit on silent and in the corner. I think I scared a few people by jumping up and shouting for what must have seemed like no apparent reason... Wish I could have been there, or at least in a pub in brighton :(

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
Brilliant match, Still buzzing. I thought this game may have gone down well in the Sussex pubs. Stroll on.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
the Bucks was busier for todays game than last weeks dull fest, although some random bloke taking pictures of the TV was very geeky!!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Fair enough, I didn't word that properly. It was aimed at the high proportion of "fans" who claim to be supporters of the big teams, but don't have any enthusiasm or real love of a club. It;s down to the size of the club obviously, smaller clubs = less "plastics"

I used to really enjoy watching united or city (especially city) playing on the telly when I lived in Manchester, in a proper football pub. Packed out pubs going
'kin mental. I was lucky to be there when United did the treble, that was a great few months.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bemused looks all round down my local today, as the usual Premiership "big 4" wankfest gave way to a bar full of guys who support their LOCAL team. Every kick, tackle, shot and decision was met with HUGE howls of delight or derision, and the Albion goals saw several blokes, including me, going absolutely SPASTIC.

I was there last week for the Chelsea v Manure game, and it was like a vicars tea party. Today, it was utter BEDLAM in there. Restored my faith no end. This club is truley loved, and the plastics can go f*** themselves, because they will NEVER have enjoyed an afternoon with Sky Sports as much as we did today. Fair play to those who went, it was obviously even better and I wish I was there. But the borefest barflys who "support" the big 4, got a lesson today in what following a club really means.
erm, wouldnt it have been a little less "plastic" to actually go to the game ?its not as if it was at the other end of the country .

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Had one of the biggest rows my wife and I have ever had yesterday. I was so over the moon about beıng able to see the game on the comp that I asked my wife if she could keep an eye on our daughter just till the end of the game (usually Sunday is my day) to which she agreed. Just before the Saints penalty I heard a row brewing and my wife stormed in demanding me to sort it out. I just flipped. demnded to know why when I ask for something simple that hardly ever comes around I don't get my requests respected.

Ended in soemthing like 'If you cant do this for me what good are you!!!' :blush:

Anyway... much sorries and forgiveness later amongst the euphoria of a great day!!! Even my daughter got in the act.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I persuaded a pub in a small scottish town to show the game, albeit on silent and in the corner. I think I scared a few people by jumping up and shouting for what must have seemed like no apparent reason... Wish I could have been there, or at least in a pub in brighton :(

Glad I'm not the only person who scared people yesterday. When the third went in, I completely forgot I was in a sports bar hundreds of miles from where the game was being played, surrounded by people whose only interest in the game was betting on the next team to score. My shout of delight was almost a declaration of war.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
Glad I'm not the only person who scared people yesterday. When the third went in, I completely forgot I was in a sports bar hundreds of miles from where the game was being played, surrounded by people whose only interest in the game was betting on the next team to score. My shout of delight was almost a declaration of war.

haha, that post so rings true, once watched swidon on tv in mexico city and scared the f*** out of the locals.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
7 people in the Nutter on Hastings seafront 3 Albion fans, an AFC Wimbledon fan, an Arsenal fan and pissed bloke who did not care and a barmaid and we all enjoyed that performance. Nice to see the passion back

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
erm, wouldnt it have been a little less "plastic" to actually go to the game ?its not as if it was at the other end of the country .

Can you be a STH and a plastic then ? Blimey, thats news to me.
Anyway, it was either this game, or Exeter in a couple of weeks. The lure of St James Park won in the end.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yeah, bloody plastics watching their team in the pub on Sky rather than going to the match.

Oh...
too true, i cant believe someone has had the front to post about plastics, and then go on to say how good the atmosphere in the pub was watching a game against one of the teams closest to brighton :lolol:

*stands by for excuses why they couldnt go *

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyway, it was either this game, or Exeter in a couple of weeks. The lure of St James Park won in the end.

Hope you're not too disappointed when you turn up and realise it's a "different" St. James's Park. Just to warn you.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
why ? seriously .

1. A Sunday evening away trip vs a Saturday afternoon away trip - no brainer.
2. Southampton is a crap stadium in a crap location.
3. Exeter has TERRACING behind the goal.
4. I love West Country away trips. Nice drive, nice pubs.
5. This way, I get to see BOTH games (can't really justify 2 away trips so close to each other).

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Bemused looks all round down my local today, as the usual Premiership "big 4" wankfest gave way to a bar full of guys who support their LOCAL team. Every kick, tackle, shot and decision was met with HUGE howls of delight or derision, and the Albion goals saw several blokes, including me, going absolutely SPASTIC.

I was there last week for the Chelsea v Manure game, and it was like a vicars tea party. Today, it was utter BEDLAM in there. Restored my faith no end. This club is truley loved, and the plastics can go f*** themselves, because they will NEVER have enjoyed an afternoon with Sky Sports as much as we did today. Fair play to those who went, it was obviously even better and I wish I was there. But the borefest barflys who "support" the big 4, got a lesson today in what following a club really means.

Spot On!:clap2::clap2::thumbsup::thumbsup:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
So how many of these people in your local going "spastic" and creating " bedlam" were season ticket holders ? how many games had the majority of them been to this season ? i'll bet its pretty low, and that makes them a lot more "plastic" than the chelsea and arsenal fans wfrom brighton who actually go to games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here