Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The PLASTICS can piss right off

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
How much money do you reckon Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, and Arsenal make out of fans who never come to a game?

I once spoke to a big cheese at Manure who told me that more than 97% of Utd supporters had never set foot in Old Trafford. This was about six or seven years ago before the big push into Asia so I reckon it's well up to 99% by now.

And Brovion, that was a top, top post. If we're going to have a Post of the Year award, that should nail it.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I do hear what you are saying, however there is no LAW that says if you live somewhere you are OBLIGED to be a fan of that local team.

before coming to Brighton I lived in Melksham in Wiltshire and the local team was supposedly Swindon. To be honest, at the school I went to, the main team people supported was Leeds as they were the sucessful team at that time and there were also a few Liverpool fans..no-one supported Swindon.

I just fail to see why people get upset about people living in Brighton and not supporting them....what the hell does it matter?

There is no law to support your local team of course, but it's supposed to be about local pride and comradery with your mates growing up in the same town.

If you live in a village then perhaps it's harder to support your local team, but try telling that to the thousands who flood into Derby from the villages all over Derbyshire every home match almost filling a 33,000 seater stadium (In the Championship!).

It just makes no sense whatsoever to support liverpool when you grew up in some village in mid-sussex

houlio

May 9, 2008
I guess you're the type of person who doesn't reallty see the difference between a Kia and a Bentley aren't you. Fair enough, if you have standards that low enjoy it but most of us are quite proud Falmer will be that bit different

interesting point if it wasn't completely irrelevant to the fact that the stadium pitch view will be just the same...... oh and just for the record i drive a Bentley

:)

aviaviavioioioi

Sep 29, 2009
Seaford/Brighton
yep spot-on easy 10. I also dont understand people that support Man Utd and Chelsea when they have no conections to the club, its a sad world we live in.

With Falmer coming up if think this should make a lot of the brighton youth get rid of their man u tops and change them for Brighton ones i hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here