Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The PLASTICS can piss right off

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I echo the comments of housebound dads everywhere with little 'uns who rarely get to experience the Albion on telly.

When the Crofts goal went in my 3-year old lad was dancing around the room. We NEED to get back in the Championship for more moments like this...

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
watched the game in the montpelier and had a good old sing song, loved it..!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So how many of these people in your local going "spastic" and creating " bedlam" were season ticket holders ? how many games had the majority of them been to this season ? i'll bet its pretty low, and that makes them a lot more "plastic" than the chelsea and arsenal fans wfrom brighton who actually go to games.

Me, my dad and my lad (all STH's)
And two mates who were up until recently STH's, but arn't any longer due to work commitments (although they've been to a few games this season, maybe 5 or 6 between them, and these are two of the four fellas I'm going to Exeter with in a couple of weeks).

You clearly have an entirely different definition of a 'plastic' than I have.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I only just made it back from a family do in time for kickoff. Didn't have time to make it to a pub (and wasn't sure which ones in Sheffield would be showing the game anyway) but never mind, I thought, Sky coverage on my nice tv will do........except the shocking weather had f***ed up my Sky dish and the reception was shocking to non existent.

Thank God for the internet as I managed to find a decent live stream and ran the laptop through the tv. Not perfect but good enough to thoroughly enjoy the game and go mental jumping round the room with my (almost) three year old son (in his albion shirt) when we banged the third in. Awesome stuff (he also started singing "Oh Gary Hart" when OGH came on).

Turns out it was a good job we got the third as the stream cut to American Football (?!?) with about a minute of injury time left leaving me frantically searching the internet / radio to make sure it'd finished 1-3. If there'd only been a goal in it then it would have been f***ing torture!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe a crap location, but a crap stadium?
:glare:

Yes. Crap, indentikit stadium. Same as Leicester, Middlesbrough, Derby etc. Just a dull, unimaginative, single tier bowl of seats with a roof on. Modern, but BORING. They've even got rid of that hilarious statue, which was about the only interesting feature they had there.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Me, my dad and my lad (all STH's)
And two mates who were up until recently STH's, but arn't any longer due to work commitments (although they've been to a few games this season, maybe 5 or 6 between them, and these are two of the four fellas I'm going to Exeter with in a couple of weeks).

so you, your dad and two mates created " bedlam" in the pub then?? or rather there were a lot more there cheering on the albion and going mental who probably havent been for donkeys years, plastic c unts !!!!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

My definition of a plastic fan would be attaching yourself to a club (probably a big-four club) for no discernible reason, and then in addition never going to see them.

That is very different from bushy's, which appears to be anyone who wasn't at a particular match for any reason. Absurd. There are clearly a lot of fans both Sussex-based and from further afield with a very close affiliation to Brighton who weren't at the Saints game, and only a real dullard would fail to understand that. It's not exactly glory-hunting, is it?

These extra 9,000 fans we think we're going to get at Falmer, bushy. Are they 'plastics'? That's what happened at Reading (although they've all gone again now, to be fair...)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
so you, your dad and two mates created " bedlam" in the pub then?? or rather there were a lot more there cheering on the albion and going mental who probably havent been for donkeys years, plastic c unts !!!!

I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make.
Are me, my mates, my dad and lad all plastics because we watched the game in a pub instead of going ?

*scratches head*

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
My definition of a plastic fan would be attaching yourself to a club (probably a big-four club) for no discernible reason, and then in addition never going to see them.

That is very different from bushy's, which appears to be anyone who wasn't at a particular match for any reason. Absurd. There are clearly a lot of fans both Sussex-based and from further afield with a very close affiliation to Brighton who weren't at the Saints game, and only a real dullard would fail to understand that. It's not exactly glory-hunting, is it?

These extra 9,000 fans we think we're going to get at Falmer, bushy. Are they 'plastics'? That's what happened at Reading (although they've all gone again now, to be fair...)
Nope, my definition of plastics is exactly the same as yours, i just get irritated by bitter individuals who lack the imagination and wherewithal to realise that some people actually supported chelsea before the money arrived , and all this ridiculous talk of the premiershite and lack of passion , its just childlike in its transparent jealousy, i just think its a tad rich to start spouting of about plastics watching the game in the pub when you were doing the exact same thing yourself.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make.
Are me, my mates, my dad and lad all plastics because we watched the game in a pub instead of going ?

*scratches head*
no, you're not, but no doubt the majority of the people in the pub "going spastic" etc were, the fact that they were cheering on brighton doesnt alter the fact.

houlio

May 9, 2008
so supporting a lower league club is more passionate?? so how come the atmosphere at the withdean is so lifeless and dull. it is only away games where the "plastic" home fans dont attend where the real passion is. withdean is just a smaller old trafford or emirates when it comes to atmosphere!!

houlio

May 9, 2008
also does that mean all Englishmen who support their national team but never go to any games are plastics??

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So let's get it straight, because it's gone a bit weird. Your REAL beef is with those people calling the nouveau Chelsea fans plastics? What's that got to do with Southampton v Brighton?

And for the record, Chelsea are overflowing with plastics, by anyone's definition. I went to the Bridge for an old First Division game about 18 years ago and they got 16,000.

They always used to have good away support relative to other, more successful clubs - but even that has dried up. It's a club for people who want to pay £1,500 a year for a season ticket, and pretend they're Real Madrid. They'll never be as big as United, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs or Everton because those clubs will keep their fans in the bad times.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
also does that mean all Englishmen who support their national team but never go to any games are plastics??
No , of course not, lets face it supporting the national team is something most people are born into, supporting a club side inevitably involves a modicum of choice as well as parental coercion !!

houlio

May 9, 2008
No , of course not, lets face it supporting the national team is something most people are born into, supporting a club side inevitably involves a modicum of choice as well as parental coercion !!
i would like to think that real football support is mainly something you are born into!! watching a game in your local area live on sky once a year when pissed in a pub is going to cause a great atmosphere but i dont remember so many fans bothering to watch the draw with sheff weds midweek a few years ago or going mental at the full time whistle!! Great results in the local pubs to that team will get the same atmosphere

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
So let's get it straight, because it's gone a bit weird. Your REAL beef is with those people calling the nouveau Chelsea fans plastics? What's that got to do with Southampton v Brighton?

And for the record, Chelsea are overflowing with plastics, by anyone's definition. I went to the Bridge for an old First Division game about 18 years ago and they got 16,000.

They always used to have good away support relative to other, more successful clubs - but even that has dried up. It's a club for people who want to pay £1,500 a year for a season ticket, and pretend they're Real Madrid. They'll never be as big as United, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs or Everton because those clubs will keep their fans in the bad times.
certain parts of you post are true, such as the overflowing with plastics part, call me a plastic if you like , i'll go to about 10 home games a season, having my kids /cant be arsed stops me going to more , but during the old 2nd division days , i'll put my hands up , i had better things to do than watch the likes of chelsea v grimsby on a cold wednesday night in january, just the same as the dyed in the wool albion who cant be arsed to go now but will be all over it when falmer opens, as for the being bigger than man city, spurs and everton? were bigger than them already, we didnt used to be but we are now, dry your eyes and deal with it princess.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Nope, my definition of plastics is exactly the same as yours, i just get irritated by bitter individuals who lack the imagination and wherewithal to realise that some people actually supported chelsea before the money arrived , and all this ridiculous talk of the premiershite and lack of passion , its just childlike in its transparent jealousy, i just think its a tad rich to start spouting of about plastics watching the game in the pub when you were doing the exact same thing yourself.

dude, Chelsea is FULL to the brim of plastic fans. :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here