Votes: 36 23.4%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 20 13.0%

• Total voters

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I was going to buy the pink top, but instead have decided to go for one of Stade Francais Rugby team's beauties:

4896.jpg

4898.jpg

I still think we should have an actual pink kit though (obvoiusly it would have to be an away kit).

Last edited:

Mar 13, 2008
With all due respect - i wouldn't call them men either,just a bunch of sad twats.

What becuase they like a shirt? Grow up mate. If you like something and can afford it, why not buy it?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
That shirt HAS to be worn by women only. No man should be seen dead in it. We already have to put up with other fans singing gay songs about us without us giving them more ammunition.

Have you not noticed that at away games that when home fans give it all the gay stuff,

a) when we make out that we're not gay - the crowd get more angry and hurl more abuse

b) when we pretend we are gay - they are not clever enough to respond and dont know what the hell to do, so they stop

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Too right, the media would lap it up if the male supporters of Britain's 'gay' club successfully campaigned for a male version. The reverse psychology involved might put paid to homophobic chanting at Albion games once and for all.

:p

Let's see what happens at Griffin Park tomorrow shall we? I do remember a lot of the chanting that was directed at Albion fans the last time they went there:

"Does your boy-friend know you're here?"

"You're going down on your boy-friend"

etc. etc. A collection of pink-attired fans will only exhort them...:safeway2:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Have you not noticed that at away games that when home fans give it all the gay stuff,

a) when we make out that we're not gay - the crowd get more angry and hurl more abuse

b) when we pretend we are gay - they are not clever enough to respond and dont know what the hell to do, so they stop

Don't mind me if I don't join in. Enjoy the non-stop abuse tomorrow at Brentford regardless of how much 'pretending you are gay' you do in your pink shirts.

Also, where does 'making out we're not gay' come from? I'm not gay so don't need to 'make out' I'm not.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Don't mind me if I don't join in. Enjoy the non-stop abuse tomorrow at Brentford regardless of how much 'pretending you are gay' you do in your pink shirts.

Also, where does 'making out we're not gay' come from? I'm not gay so don't need to 'make out' I'm not.

not doing Brentford, but will happily where the shirt to an away game. I dont see there being a problem

All the chants and stuff are just banter, its not abusive in my opinion. Its just funny because every club thinks they are the only ones doing it

as for making out we're gay....
chants like
"1-0 to the batty boys"
"we're supposed to be the poofs"
"youre to ugly to be gay"
"do you take it up the arse"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All the chants and stuff are just banter, its not abusive in my opinion. Its just funny because every club thinks they are the only ones doing it

I wouldn't imagine for a second that most of these fans think they are winning any sort of originality contest. No more than Albion fans anyway, with the same old shite sung at Northern, Welsh and nearly-Welsh teams anyway. Time after time - they hear it every week. "We" still do it though.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Seriously, if enough of you chaps bought it, they will easily be persuaded to get some bigger sizes in. No club at our level can afford to miss a marketing opportunity like that.

Be brilliant for away games.

I bought mine in a size 12 the other day, 'cos club size guide says that's the equivalent of a medium, but it's not arrived yet. Will do full-bellied report soon...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Isn't pink a "Sussex" colour. I don't know if they still do but Sussex mens Hockey teams, well the young teams anyway, used to play in Pink.

Fine if you don't want to wear it but suggesting someone may look a bit gay wearing it is starting to smack of most away fans view of the Albion..

I won't be buying one though.

Last edited:

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
I'm certainly up for one of these, not the best design (cos our home shirt isn't very good this time either) but great for loads of reasons.

I'm seconding the (little) girls sizes too though. My five year old (who has been) wants one, and wouldn't wear any other colour in her princess obsessed world... I'm surprised they missed this market from the start...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here