Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****** The official where are you going on holiday in 2013 thread ******

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
The BA staff travel benefits are certainly a great help ... as long as you don't mind travelling standby even when you have a so called "firm" seat!

Agree, I let the flights dictate where I'm going. That's the only downside, New York is 7 flights a day. Guaranteed business class.

Try to stay away from destinations with 1 flight a day. Although I did get to Vegas and back on staff travel, and that's 1 flight a day.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Already had a great 10 day holiday in the French Alps. As fantastic as usual.
After we left, they appear to have had even more snow ... possibly record levels for March and April.

Haven't looked into Summer hol's yet. Probably the UK, and will pray for some warm sun.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Sounds good. I've often wondered what Arizona and Utah are like in the "winter" - love the desert, but it's too hot at the usual holiday times!

We have been sevral times over Christmas and New Year and it is perfect still warm during the day bit chilly at night, but nothing like here. The locals think we are mad in shorts and and T-Shirts however for them it is a big temp drop from summer so I can understand some comments we get asking if we are Candian !

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Long weekend in NYC, and hopefully 2 weeks in Jamaica later in the year after the hurricane season.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Agree, I let the flights dictate where I'm going. That's the only downside, New York is 7 flights a day. Guaranteed business class.

Try to stay away from destinations with 1 flight a day. Although I did get to Vegas and back on staff travel, and that's 1 flight a day.

Yup, I try to avoid destinations with one flight a day. Did go to Vegas last year, but flew back from LAX. On a recent FLA trip I selected MIA as higher flight frequency than Orlando or Tampa. Having said that I got Business Class to and from Denver 18 months ago.

Anyway, a very nice perk as long as you don't mind a bit of hassle on occasions!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
this thread is now depressing me as i've just returned from 3 weeks in Thailand

hoping to squeeze a European break in over summer and Costa Rica later this year

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I've got to have major surgery in a few days' time. After that, not allowed in an aeroplane for a few months, plus need to stay away from crowds for a few weeks. Had to sell back my BHA tickets. all very depressing. So, off to Bembridge in the Isle of Wight in May (the kids love it) and Le Vieux Port in Gascony in France in August. Hoping for some nice weather here in the meantime...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here