Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****** The official where are you going on holiday in 2013 thread ******

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
At the end of May we'll be flying out to Florida again. My son is doing his open water diving qualification out there & we'll be doing the Disney Cruise to the Bahamas as well for a few days...cant wait!

Have you done a Disney cruise before? We did our first one, on the Dream, in 2011 and it was fab, so much so that...

We've got three weeks in Florida in August which is, unbelievably, my 15th time. We've got 2 and a bit weeks at Disney in the Wilderness Lodge and then on the Dream for our second cruise. I'll be missing our debut in the Premier League.

Still debating what to do at May half term, but the Centreparcs in Belgium and Holland appeal as they are a fraction of the price of the UK equivalents for the same time.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
So lucky..

I'll be lucky to manage a £150 1 week trip somewhere in Spain by the end of the year!
But for now, it's the local wildlife park and free entry museums.. :thumbsup:

I can only afford this because I work for BA. I get business class flights cheaper than normal people get economy, and as much as 70% off some hotels. Otherwise I'd be going away for short city breaks in Europe.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I'm retired, every day is a holiday!
But apart from that a week on the Oxford Canal in May, a week by Lake Garda in September ( my niece is getting married there.) Probably a week or so in Devon and Cornwall in July with Jnr. Skipper a tent and an inflatable boat.
My friend up the road will probably want to drag me off on another cruise somewhere warm in December. Apart from those few it's a bit quiet.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Spoke to someone yesterday who recently spent two weeks in the Maldives and said it was a week too long .... not to be negative ... take plenty of books!

5th trip in as many years, and 3rd in a row of 3 weeks - too much snorkeling to be done to ever get bored. Never bothered to take a book either. :thumbsup:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I can only afford this because I work for BA. I get business class flights cheaper than normal people get economy, and as much as 70% off some hotels. Otherwise I'd be going away for short city breaks in Europe.

The BA staff travel benefits are certainly a great help ... as long as you don't mind travelling standby even when you have a so called "firm" seat!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Our holiday house near Cesme, Turkey.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Meeting friends from the UK in Boston for a week in July. Been there many times before but it’s my second favorite city in the US after New York. Then a few days touring around Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket. New England is always a very chilled place to travel around.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Have you done a Disney cruise before? We did our first one, on the Dream, in 2011 and it was fab, so much so that...

We've got three weeks in Florida in August which is, unbelievably, my 15th time. We've got 2 and a bit weeks at Disney in the Wilderness Lodge and then on the Dream for our second cruise. I'll be missing our debut in the Premier League.

Still debating what to do at May half term, but the Centreparcs in Belgium and Holland appeal as they are a fraction of the price of the UK equivalents for the same time.

Yes Bozza! Did the maiden voyage on the Wonder in 1999 for our honeymoon (the wife works for Disney!) & we're on the Dream this time. Been to Florida every other year since then due to my brother in law having a place 15 minutes from Disneyworld & the wife getting free entry to the parks. He sold the house though last year so we're in a rented villa for the 1st time...counting down the days til we get there and into the sun!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Crikey, tell me about the hotels!

Mrs and I are using our ABC and going to Vegas in June, then a nice laid back week in the Loire in early September (International break ofc)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Other option is driving round in the States. A guy at work seems keen and while he's a decent lad aquaintence I think I'd be keen if 3 or 4 of us get organised but not just 2 of us.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
June - Barcelona for a week break
June/July - Toronto/NYC for cousin wedding/holiday (2 weeks)
September - Cairns -friends wedding/holiday-driving down coast to Sydney(3 weeks)
October - Singapore for business holiday(6 days)
December - Bali/Lombok visit my friend/holiday (3 weeks)

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Sicily in end of June/early July. Love Italy but never been to Sicily.
Oz next year.
Have a school friend who now lives In Florida. Been once and keeps asking us back which we will sometime soon. However, begrudge paying all
the flight tax the government keep putting up.:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here