Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***The official Sports personality of the year thread***

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
For the first time in many a year, I'm really looking forward to this in the best year for British sport for ages.
Will it be the favourite Bradley Wiggo Wiggins after his heroics in the Tour De France and Olympic time trial Gold?
Will it be Andy Murray after his Olympic gold and silver medals and reaching the Wimbledon final with a brilliant U.S open final victory?
could it be the brilliant (and super sexy) Jess Ennis?
Could it be Rory Mcilroy?
Or brilliant Ben Ainsley the Amazing Mo Farrah? legend Chris Hoy or Katherine Grainger?
Let's not discount our brilliant Paralympians such as Ellie Simmons, Dave weir and Sarah storey.
I know it's a tad early to call an official thread but I genuinely can't wait.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
My top 3 would have, wiggins, Murray, mcilroy, and my team of the year would be the Ryder cup team.
However the Olympics will be what this years spoty is all about

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unsurprisingly it's Team Wiggo here. Not just for l'Tour and the TT gold, but also winning just about every other major European stage race.
Although those victories will go unmentioned here, Brads season will win him International SPoTY right across Europe.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But I won't be watching as there's a massive game for the Packers tonight.
I'll have to video it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Andy Murray? No way! Right up there with Nigel Mansell in the personality stakes.... Though of course i accept it is more an achievement award and he did have a good year.

Has to be Bradley Wiggins or Farrah, with Ennis in with a shout also.

Team of the year - will probably have to be Team GB or Ryder Cup.

International personality - Usain Bolt.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
But I won't be watching as there's a massive game for the Packers tonight.
I'll have to video it.

American football over British sport ???
You traitorous swine :)
I loved the Olympics so much this year, think I'll get emotional tonight with all the clips of Mo, Wiggo,Jess ect.
I was at Wembley for footy match the day we won our first gold medals and watched Wiggo win his time trial gold on the Concorse of wembley with a beer in hand. The atmosphere and sheer jubilation when he won and the day as a whole walking around london was special and will stay with me forever.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
American football over British sport ???
You traitorous swine :)
I loved the Olympics so much this year, think I'll get emotional tonight with all the clips of Mo, Wiggo,Jess ect.
I was at Wembley for footy match the day we won our first gold medals and watched Wiggo win his time trial gold on the Concorse of wembley with a beer in hand. The atmosphere and sheer jubilation when he won and the day as a whole walking around london was special and will stay with me forever.
I said I'll video it!

Plus it means I can watch it at my leisure with Jnr.

But there's no way I can overlook the team I have the second longest affiliation, playing The Bears, in a crucial match.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Totally spoiled for choice this year unlike the pathetic years past where we've ended up letting Zara Phillips and Ryan Giggs win thanks to a lack of quality.

Team GB is nailed on for the team award and I should think Wiggins will take the main prize although Farah is still a strong candidate. Despite Murray having an excellent year and winning an Olympic gold I don't think most people see him as an Olympian and therefore he'll miss out.

It's just as well our footballers were their usual disappointing selves at Euro 2012 or there'd be even more competition

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wiggins for me

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
I said I'll video it!

Plus it means I can watch it at my leisure with Jnr.

But there's no way I can overlook the team I have the second longest affiliation, playing The Bears, in a crucial match.

Packers v bears or spoty??? Packers it is then:thumbsup:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Only one winner in my eyes, Wiggo, id like to see the Ryder Cup team win Team of the year, but it will go to the Olympic Team

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I don't really care as they are all winners to me

I just want to see how long it takes for Mendoza to get in shot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here