Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official referees a wanker thread

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
On the subject of dickinson - is all he can do is shield the ball? That' all I've seen him do.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
Ref was a cock but it was a red and it's stupid of us to appeal :US:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Really? Looked pretty inocuous to me and El Abd was clearly looking at the ball, not the man. He wasn't even hurt. If that kind of challenge is a straight red it's a wonder any game finishes 11 v 11.

Ours rarely do.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I've been saying that for the last 18 months , some of them seem to think we pay just to watch them.

I suggested as much in an email to the football league after the Stockport game,and eight days later got the polite go forth and multiply riposte,so I guess quite a few of us complained.

Oh,and nothing ever changes.

Dandyman

In London village.
Regardless of whether El-Abd shouldhave had a yellow or a red, I thought the ref was very poor. There was a blatant dive from their player, a handball and players leaving the field of play without permission as well as the water bottle incident all of which met with zero action from him.

IMO Franchise were a fairly average side, whom we could have beaten with a full side. As the other thread correctly states our league position is not an indication of how we are playing. We need to keep our nerve and keep on with it.

Regardless of whether El-Abd shouldhave had a yellow or a red, I thought the ref was very poor. There was a blatant dive from their player, a handball and players leaving the field of play without permission as well as the water bottle incident all of which met with zero action from him.

IMO Franchise were a fairly average side, whom we could have beaten with a full side. As the other thread correctly states our league position is not an indication of how we are playing. We need to keep our nerve and keep on with it.

Sad thing is, we may NOT have won with a full side either. I didn't see that we lost solely because el-Abd wasn't on the pitch, or because we were down to 10 men. No-one can know for sure of course, but when the ball is up the other end it's up to the strikers to score - and they didn't.
With our three top forwards all on the pitch at the same time, and the ball spending a lot of time in their half - that's somewhat worrying.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The problem I think with referees these days is the stupid assessments they have. The issue I have is they seem to punish referees for not sending a player off when they should but not the other way round. For this reason referees seem much more inclined to give a red card now and worry about it later than use common sense. The only example I have seen this season of a referee using common sense was at Swansea where Jake Wright was booked and then committed another foul (might have been a yellow) but the referee did his best to keep 22 players on the pitch and gave him a warning. Most of the referees we have had since then would have sent him off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here