Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official referees a wanker thread

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
El-Abd used poor technique but still touched the ball first and then caught the man, who was very much second to the ball anyway.

Doesn't matter. Only whether the ref thinks it's careless (freekick), reckless (free kick; yellow card) or using excessive force (free kick red card). Whether there was contact with the player, whether they got the ball first etc. is irrelevant.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
Another ref who comes down here and hasn't got a clue. I am positive the quality of referees is declining from the top to the bottom.

You're at the bottom, so you get crap refs. wtf do you expect. Ideas of granduer you lot, way way off on every level, except your stadium, and that won't help you in the bottom tier of English football.

:fishing:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Agreed, it looked to me like El-Abd's leg was stretched to poke the ball away which was dropping down from above. Referee was consistently awful today and killed the game as a spectacle.

Personally, I saw the incident from high up in the centre of the South stand and, despite the distance thought it may have merited a yellow card but will stand to be corrected once I have seen it on the TV.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
he was a joke ref, but i'm becoming used to seeing them now.
however, he wasnt helped by MK players rolling around and diving all afternoon. that number 22 and easter were the worst culprits. go down like they've been shot, roll around a bit, see they r still attacking then sprint to catch up with the play.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
:wave:

He was a joke, the amount of dives I counted by the MK players today were in double figures, typified at the end when there player went down like a ton of bricks holding his knee and then immediately got back up as soon as he saw MK had the ball back, ginger prick.

Last edited:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Personally, I saw the incident from high up in the centre of the South stand and, despite the distance thought it may have merited a yellow card but will stand to be corrected once I have seen it on the TV.

Where I was too and agree with you that at worse it was a yellow. Just feel that as the ball was coming down from above it was an attempt at a toe poke to prevent the other player getting it. I also thought he got the ball first and the opposing player ran into him.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
The only decision he got right was the sending off. It doesnt matter whether or not the player was injured or AE touched the ball first. The tackle was high and with all studs showing and dangerous, a definite red card offense.
Well if he was reffing to the letter of the law like that then he should have sent off their 23 for going through the back of Forster about 10 minutes into the game. All THAT merited was a little chat. In fact that guy got away with at least 2 other fouls as bad as what I saw from El Abd and didn't even get a yellow.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot believe that people are suggesting that the challenge from El Abd only warranted a yellow and some even justa ticking off. The only conclusion I can come to is that the people saying this are seated in the South Stand. The incident happened directly in front of me in the north stand andmy, brother, Ben and me all said immediately it happened it was going to be red card. Had he won the ball completely not just touched it he may have got away witha yellow but it was a dangerous leg breaking challenge with all studs showing and thoroughly deserved a red card. Had the tackle happened in reverse this board would be in uproar about Partridge.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well if he was reffing to the letter of the law like that then he should have sent off their 23 for going through the back of Forster about 10 minutes into the game. All THAT merited was a little chat. In fact that guy got away with at least 2 other fouls as bad as what I saw from El Abd and didn't even get a yellow.

I wonder about football fans sometimes as there wasnt a tackle any where near as bad as that all game most were niggly pulls and arm around the waist etc but not dangerous as per the one from Adam El Abd and to compound matters he had just let his team and mates down and people clapped him off, incedible.

I actually like El Abd and constantly stand up for him but I couldnt today.

I wonder about football fans sometimes as there wasnt a tackle any where near as bad as that all game most were niggly pulls and arm around the waist etc but not dangerous as per the one from Adam El Abd and to compound matters he had just let his team and mates down and people clapped him off, incedible.

I actually like El Abd and constantly stand up for him but I couldnt today.

So, you missed the two-footed slide that went about knee-high, and got us a free kick but them not even so much as a yellow card?

Can't keep blaming the ref every week for these inert and inept performances.

Agreed, but today we were the better side than MK Dons, perhaps we should resort to the sort of cheating they did today and get a win that way?

Lush

Mods' Pet
If the El Abd tackle had been made by one of their players, our player would have rolled on the floor and we'd have all been screaming for a red card and shouting about studs.

Shame it spoiled an entertaining game though.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
You're at the bottom, so you get crap refs. wtf do you expect. Ideas of granduer you lot, way way off on every level, except your stadium, and that won't help you in the bottom tier of English football.

:fishing:

I shouldn't bite, but f*ck off.

Anyway, back to post, thought he was poor. On two occasions their players dived, yet he gave nothing. It's either a penalty or a booking surely?

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
I shouldn't bite, but f*ck off.

Anyway, back to post, thought he was poor. On two occasions their players dived, yet he gave nothing. It's either a penalty or a booking surely?

Ouch, sticks and stones may brrrrrrreak my bones :salute:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Another ref who comes down here and hasn't got a clue. I am positive the quality of referees is declining from the top to the bottom.

Ain't that the truth. We ought to sue these fuckwits under The Trade Discriptions Act, quite frankly. Respect Campaign?? What a load of old SHIT! :US:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here