Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official referees a wanker thread

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
Ain't that the truth. We ought to sue these fuckwits under The Trade Discriptions Act, quite frankly. Respect Campaign?? What a load of old SHIT! :US:

Will that apply to your fans too :ohmy:

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Thing that annoyed me was the way he sprinted over to El-abd and got the card out so quickly, seemed like he f***ing loved it.
And then he refused to book Easter not once but TWICE for CHEATING.
Wonder if the **** ever played football himself, clueless.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Thing that annoyed me was the way he sprinted over to El-abd and got the card out so quickly, seemed like he f***ing loved it.
And then he refused to book Easter not once but TWICE for CHEATING.
Wonder if the **** ever played football himself, clueless.

If he took his time people would say he was milking the moment, trying to make it all about him, get everyone's eyes on him then dramatically make his decision...

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
:wave:

Very poor through out, especially for such an experienced referee.

looked biast and seemed reluctant to give Dickinson a free kick despite their players leading with elbows and going through the back of him in numerous challenges, i expect if one of their players took out a gun and shot him, the ref still wouldnt see anything wrong.

failed to book any of their players for blatent dives, even with the recent publicity about it.

Some bizarre free kicks given against us, like Murray jumping and winning the ball, their player didn't even jump or challenge, yet gets a free kick, which makes the decisions not to give us several free kicks seem even stranger.

Thats without the wrong decision to send El-Abd off, the fans reaction towards the ref through out showed just how poor he was and just how incredibly bad some of his decisions were.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Thats without the wrong decision to send El-Abd off,

It was a correct decision-clearly went in straight legged with studs showing. If that challenge had been on Forster or any other Albion player, Withdean would have been going ballistic if the offender stayed on the pitch.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
the fans reaction towards the ref through out showed just how poor he was and just how incredibly bad some of his decisions were.

Fans need very little excuse to start criticising refs. Often doing so when the fans themselves are not aware of the current laws (see: everyone claiming it wasn't a foul "because el abd got the ball first"), often having their outdated ideas of the laws reinforced by equally ill-infromed "experts" on tv.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It was a correct decision-clearly went in straight legged with studs showing. If that challenge had been on Forster or any other Albion player, Withdean would have been going ballistic if the offender stayed on the pitch.

disagree - never a sending off, a wrong decision in a catalogue of wrong decisions

Also would there be this reaction against the player if that was Forster who made that challenge? - NO

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I can't be arsed to read the thread but fromwhere I was sitting El abds studs were facing down and not showing. He didn't go to ground, so unless he kicked the bloke in the chest (which he didn't) how could he possibly be showing studs?

Shit decision, shit ref, ruined the game. The black lino was useless aswell, he got as much wrong as the ref

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I can't be arsed to read the thread but fromwhere I was sitting El abds studs were facing down and not showing. He didn't go to ground, so unless he kicked the bloke in the chest (which he didn't) how could he possibly be showing studs?

Shit decision, shit ref, ruined the game. The black lino was useless aswell, he got as much wrong as the ref

You obviously haven't seen the video on tv.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
:wave:

Very poor through out, especially for such an experienced referee.

looked biast and seemed reluctant to give Dickinson a free kick

This is a different issue altogether. Mentioned it earlier. Someone at Referee HQ must have said something about Dickinson, as every ref seems intent on giving something against him in the first 10 mins of every match, despite the constant hacking, bullying, shirt-pulling, climbing he has to endure.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The sending off was the right decision IMO, but that's about all he did manage to get right.

If that exact tackle had been made on one of our players instead of by one, every single Albion fan in the ground and all those who have posted on here saying the challenge was fine would have been screaming for a red.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
El ABD was a clear red card, apart from that not much to say about the ref, pretty dreadful

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
he was a joke ref, but i'm becoming used to seeing them now.
however, he wasnt helped by MK players rolling around and diving all afternoon. that number 22 and easter were the worst culprits. go down like they've been shot, roll around a bit, see they r still attacking then sprint to catch up with the play.

Was it the no.22 who collapsed screaming in midfield one minute after a challenge from Dicker (I think) and then seconds later was up and fine? MK Dons tactics really annoyed me but they were not the first as Bristol Rovers (especially Kuffour) did the same last week. Maybe teams see our disciplinary record and think they can get our players in trouble by diving.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
No I haven't.

I should probably mantion that I was sitting about 60 yards away in the south stand. From that distance, if you squint your eyes a bit, the challenge looked ok :lolol::mendoza:

I was in the S Stand, high up and on the halfway line. From where we were it looked a clear foot-up tackle with studs showing. In fact someone said immediately that he would be off.

The ref did seem to miss a number of clear handballs by MK - including one that the lino gave and a likely penalty at the end.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
More to the point on the ref being a wanker what about the lino in front of the northstand. For their goal the player was a good 2yds offside so should never have been a corner but having said that he gave a corner and it was up to us to defend it which we didnt do very well.

On numerous occassions the same lino was behind play and unable to keep in line with the last defender so there was a number of offsides that he missed not to mention a blatant handball, overall a poor performance from him.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I haven't seen a replay of the incident and at the time thought it probably was a red card under current rules. However, Slade obviously has seen a replay and is talking about appealing so the club presumably think it wasn't a red card.

Maybe they're hoping for an extra match ban for a frivolous appeal? If the appeal is successful I will be shocked. The ref has agreed to look at the video, when he does that then I'm pretty sure the red card will not be removed. I, and others, have already said that if that challenge was on a Brighton player and a red card was not shown, Withdean would have been apoplectic.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here