Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official referees a wanker thread

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If you feel, like me, that was one of the most one sided awful refereeing you've ever seen, then give me a wave.

:wave:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ruined the game, sadly

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Got the sending off bang on but was poor on other decisions. Had to book there 8 if it wasn't a pen which I'm not convinced about either

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Another ref who comes down here and hasn't got a clue. I am positive the quality of referees is declining from the top to the bottom.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I am positive the quality of referees is declining from the top to the bottom.

I've been saying that for the last 18 months , some of them seem to think we pay just to watch them.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
well i am f***ing fed up to the back teeth of these f***ing shit muppets who have the front to call themselves officials , my aunty vera who was almost f***ing blind would have spotted the offside in the build up and thats just the obvious balls up these 3 twats made,am f***ed off with this week in week out ,bunch o twat faced cockmasters

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Really? Looked pretty inocuous to me and El Abd was clearly looking at the ball, not the man. He wasn't even hurt. If that kind of challenge is a straight red it's a wonder any game finishes 11 v 11.

Agreed, it looked to me like El-Abd's leg was stretched to poke the ball away which was dropping down from above. Referee was consistently awful today and killed the game as a spectacle.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
It happened right in front of me in the north stand, and IMHO it was fully justified.

El Abd went in high, with studs showing.

A booking may have been more the common sense response, but the ref's reaction was correct to the laws of the game.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Really? Looked pretty inocuous to me and El Abd was clearly looking at the ball, not the man. He wasn't even hurt. If that kind of challenge is a straight red it's a wonder any game finishes 11 v 11.

It was high and his studs were showing

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
He was shit, but we just have to get on with it, it's not an excuse.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
The ref Mr Paul Taylor never gives us anything ..was the ref at Reading when we lost 5-1...nearly always gives a pen against us or sends one of ours off...IMO it goes back to him being critised by the club after a game at the Goldstone versus Bristol Rovers...:tantrum:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What really annoyed me about the dismissal was the complete lack of communication with his assistant, who was standing 10 yards away from the incident.

"He dived in with studs showing" - that conjures up an image of 2 players chasing a slow moving ball and going into the tackle horizontally. What happened here is the ball was coming down at a vertical angle, El-Abd used poor technique but still touched the ball first and then caught the man, who was very much second to the ball anyway.

The man didn't even need treatment and showed no signs of injury for the rest of the match.

I'd accept the card more readily if he'd have consulted with this assistant, but he saw all the Dons players running towards their man dramatically and that was probably the decisive reason for his award of a red.

Compared to officiating in other sports this is all so AMATEUR....

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No worse than the others this season.

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
I Saw This Coming

When I saw who the ref was, I told my mate he was a shocker and he was. Will have to watch the sending off again on tv later but I hate refs who approach an incident while reaching for the red card as they are running ( Andy D'urso does the same ). Regrettably this ref is one of the more experienced in the lower divisions but he struts about like lord of the manor. Only thing I did think that Elphick clearly pulled their bloke down in the second half when he was through and no pen given...but no booking for diving either.
In the circumstances by playing 63 mins with 10 men, I thought we played pretty well. Not impressed with MK Dons.:rant:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only decision he got right was the sending off. It doesnt matter whether or not the player was injured or AE touched the ball first. The tackle was high and with all studs showing and dangerous, a definite red card offense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here