Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Protest / Riot watch thread ......

Which side are you backing over the next two days ?

• The good Ol`Bill , good old fashioned baton charge never hurt anyone.

Votes: 31 48.4%
  • Hippies,Anarchists & Wheres my money gone protesters brigade

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • Dont give two hoots, im alright jack

Votes: 9 14.1%

• Total voters

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
What are these? WANT ONE

_45622318_protesttruck466.jpg

Police allowed it through, as it was deemed road-legal by the police.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Outside Bank of England there was a bit of pushing and shoving, police now withdrawn behind the barriers. One thing that really gets me is 'protestors' who think they can it's OK to cover their faces when Police all appear to be wearing ID numbers.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Outside Bank of England there was a bit of pushing and shoving, police now withdrawn behind the barriers. One thing that really gets me is 'protestors' who think they can it's OK to cover their faces when Police all appear to be wearing ID numbers.

'Cos they're cowards. Funnily enough, it all kicked off at Welling Station (near me) on Saturday evening, on my way back from the Tranmere game. I got off the train and walked to the exit, only to find it surrounded by a mob of about 20 white blokes, covered faces, either wearing hoodies or caps, all of whom looked about 30+ in age. They let people through, then within about 10 seconds, it all kicked off on the platform, these blokes smashing bottles and kicking some bloke who was lying on the floor. Then they started chasing other people up the platform, fighting, throwing bottles and stuff. Terrifying for all the passengers, many of whom were women and kids.

I thought it was football-related, at first, an ambush of, say, Millwall by West Ham (one of the bloke's caps had WHU badge on it). But there was no league football that day, and why would it kick off in Welling of all places?!

Pre-G20 punch-up? Someone at the station mentioned it was a Nazi-bashing. But I've still not got a clue as to why it kicked off. The thing was, virtually all of them had their faces covered, so ID would be pretty tricky. Strange.

Dandyman

In London village.
BBC NEWS | News Front Page

Shock...horror...latest update...protestors looking like ordinary people...greedy, incompetent bankers taking our taxes to pay their bonuses...MPS looking for chance to kick off...plus ca change...

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Made me a giggle seeing a photo of a protester wearing a hat and a scarf wrapped around his face, but only wearing a sleeveless t shirt with a huge tattoo of a "2 Tone" logo from his shoulder to his elbow.

Oh they wont be able to recognise me in this disguise :lol:
what a twat :tosser:

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Breaking news: a dancing BUNNY has just been arrested, apparently. He/she must by furry-ous..

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Just back from a lunchtime walk down Cornhill and Threadneedle Street - not exactly a riot going on there - perhaps a few thousand 'protesters' in the square outside BoE.

I walked to within a few yards of the BoE - most people there were office-types taking photos on the phones - I'll post some of mine later - but they are not going to be very exciting.

Then back to the office via Bishopsgate where there are a few pop-up tents in the road and a few hundred people at most.

All rather disappointing :nono:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Then back to the office via Bishopsgate where there are a few pop-up tents in the road and a few hundred people at most.

are they Bedhouin Muslims?

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
'Cos they're cowards. Funnily enough, it all kicked off at Welling Station (near me) on Saturday evening, on my way back from the Tranmere game. I got off the train and walked to the exit, only to find it surrounded by a mob of about 20 white blokes, covered faces, either wearing hoodies or caps, all of whom looked about 30+ in age. They let people through, then within about 10 seconds, it all kicked off on the platform, these blokes smashing bottles and kicking some bloke who was lying on the floor. Then they started chasing other people up the platform, fighting, throwing bottles and stuff. Terrifying for all the passengers, many of whom were women and kids.

I thought it was football-related, at first, an ambush of, say, Millwall by West Ham (one of the bloke's caps had WHU badge on it). But there was no league football that day, and why would it kick off in Welling of all places?!

Pre-G20 punch-up? Someone at the station mentioned it was a Nazi-bashing. But I've still not got a clue as to why it kicked off. The thing was, virtually all of them had their faces covered, so ID would be pretty tricky. Strange.

From my years living in Bexleyheath that sounds like a normal night out in Welling!

Must admit the covered faces is a bit unusual though. The BNP used to have their headquarters in Welling in the early 90s.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
mmm looks like I left just in time... police have closed off streets around BoE and are not letting people out... that'll cause trouble :nono:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sky news have a bit of footage of Police and protesters playing Hookie-Kookie, might warm up soon.

mmm looks like I left just in time... police have closed off streets around BoE and are not letting people out... that'll cause trouble :nono:

think thats there standard tactic: corral the protesters into a group then keep them there until they are too tired/hungry to fight anymore. much more managable and allows the press a much nice neat view of a "riot" so they are happy too. running battles down dozens of streets is soooo 80's.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here