Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Official' Olympic thread - sub section - Cycling

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
According to Chris Brailsford the secret to our cycling success is down to pillows and knowing how to wash your hands properly!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
According to Chris Brailsford the secret to our cycling success is down to pillows and knowing how to wash your hands properly!
And now the whole world knows.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Dear BBC,

f*** off with your stupid horses. Queen Victoria is about to ride.

Yours, Pantani

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dear BBC,

f*** off with your stupid horses. Queen Victoria is about to ride.

Yours, Pantani
Thank god they got gold, because that is one f***ing dull sport.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Thank god they got gold, because that is one f***ing dull sport.

I'd have been happier if they just told me what arbitrary number it was that they got, then just told us that they won. Horse prancing is even duller to watch than the sailing. :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Laura stuffed that up

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep, needs to beat Hammer by three places in the 500m now. Hammer will take it on time should they finish equal.
2 places I make it, Laura has won more.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Typical Aussie getting in the way.

That is exactly what happened in my opinion, I was unimpressed by those tactics. It was kind of "how desperate are you to overtake?" from the Aussie. I might be wrong, but it looked to me like Laura was deliberately pushed out as far wide as possible.

No dramas with Pendleton. Obviously.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That is exactly what happened in my opinion, I was unimpressed by those tactics. It was kind of "how desperate are you to overtake?" from the Aussie. I might be wrong, but it looked to me like Laura was deliberately pushed out as far wide as possible.
Aussie had her own race to think about, seemed fair enough, just didn't go Laura's way. Seeing it again I see that Hammer basically got lucky that the Aussie was in Laura's way, because Laura was coming past.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Take it away Chris

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wow, Anna Meares is 5-1.
Hammer 6/5. So if Laura wins the 500, who else is going to beat Hammer?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
2 places I make it, Laura has won more.

Tie breaks are decided on the shortest time in the timed events I thought. Just checked.

Rule 3.2.252 In the event of a tie, the best rider shall be determined by the lowest cumulated time of the time trial events.

Meaning, Hammer will almost certainly win as the Pursuit margin was just over a second. Trott won by 0.3 of a second in the flying lap. I suppose it is possible she will win by 0.7 seconds over 500m but it seems unlikely.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Further research reveals that Trott timed 35.173 at the Worlds, Hammer 36.171. So if the same times were posted along with Trott winning by two places she would take the gold. It is going to be so so close.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here