Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Official' Olympic thread - sub section - Cycling

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ed Clancy has just put in a massive 4k got within .179 seconds on Hanson the Danish youngster.
I guess this was on BBC3, and I was on 1. I have no idea how things stand in the omnium now.

Ok, on BBC iPlayer, so I can see the individual pursuit. No idea what happened in the elimination though.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess this was on BBC3, and I was on 1. I have no idea how things stand in the omnium now.

Ok, on BBC iPlayer, so I can see the individual pursuit. No idea what happened in the elimination though.
Ed did better than expected, 4th or 5th.
He had to do a couple of massive efforts before he finally ran out of gas.

I'm loving the Omnium, I just don't know if I've past the tipping point that would have me cheering on Simon Jordan, just so long as he was in a skin suit riding in the velodrome.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Clancy in joint second with the Danish rider who just pipped him in time trial. Clancy should ride a good kilo and it may come down to the scratch race which may suit the Danish and French riders.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
What a ride by the Dane - Hanson. Came off bad and chased back into the pack

Clancy only 10th in the scratch, pack really attacked good kilo riders like Clancy.

Come on Kenny do it in 2

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Clancy in joint second with the Danish rider who just pipped him in time trial. Clancy should ride a good kilo and it may come down to the scratch race which may suit the Danish and French riders.
3 leaders on 25, 4th place on 28, Clancy on 29. Although he can win the 1k (finishing on 30), I guess at least one of the top 3 will finish in the top 4, beating Ed.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
3 leaders on 25, 4th place on 28, Clancy on 29. Although he can win the 1k (finishing on 30), I guess at least one of the top 3 will finish in the top 4, beating Ed.

Yes he got undone in that Scratch race, I think the Dane won a bronze in the worlds in the kilo, i'd like to see him do it if Clancy is out of the running.

The Trinadad rider Philip just got into the sprint semis think its going to be, tomorrow

Kenny v Philip

Bauge v Perkins

Here comes Vicky, only a few more rides to go before retirement...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think the Dane won a bronze in the worlds in the kilo
It's in the abg for the Dane then. He cheated in the scratch though - he deliberately crashed so he could have a rest, then he lapped the field. He actually completed less laps than the rest.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great ride by Ed, that was so fast.

G couldn't get into the Velodrome, a gold medal and WR just don't open the doors, he thought they would.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
What a night in store at the Veledrome.

We have Vicky's last ever two races prior to retirement, going for a sprint GOLD.

Kenny racing for GOLD if he makes final he will be up against Bauge who has looked unstopable this year, can Kenny find a way.

Then between all this we have the new Queen of track, Laura Trott already a GOLD medalist, Word Champion and lives just up the road, she starts off her assault on the omnium. Ohh and she gave me a wave from her training bike as we left the veledrome on Wednesday, what a star....make sure you catch the Omnium elimination race.

16:00 Men's Sprint - Semi Finals

16:08 Women's Omnium - Flying Lap 250m Time Trial

16:43 - Women's Sprint - Semi Finals

17:06 - Women's Omnium - 20km Points Race

17:43 Men's Sprint - Finals

18:18 Women's Omnium - Elimination Race

18:41 Women's Sprint - Medal races

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To do that to Bauge, is fantastic.