Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Official' Olympic thread - sub section - Athletics

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
BBC I player is struggling here, probably due to weight of viewers.....what a race.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
2nd fastest 100m of all time, and he still got a slightly poor start.

Incredible.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
NBC took the unbelievable decision not to show the 100m live in the States - wankers. I ended up watching it online. The IOC has given NBC the 2016 Olympic rights as well, should have given it to ESPN as they would at least broadcast the events live.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
NBC took the unbelievable decision not to show the 100m live in the States - wankers. I ended up watching it online. The IOC has given NBC the 2016 Olympic rights as well, should have given it to ESPN as they would at least broadcast the events live.

I heard on the radio that it wasn;t aired live in the US... why?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Are they the ITV of US broadcasting?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Why do they let drug cheats back into comptetitions? It should be banned for life IMO, there are probably enough undetected drug cheats in the games let alone letting in confirmed drug cheats whom whilst maybe not being influenced by drugs now, have at least had a period where their body has been developed with the benefit of taking illegal performance enhacing drugs.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I see another athlete doesn't know how to lose without making it really obvious:

Drama in the athletics heats this morning where Algerian 1500m medal contender Taoufik Makhloufi has been thrown out of the Olympics for not trying in his 800 heat.

Makhloufi, who won his 1500m semi-final in style, had been forced to run in the two lap race after his team failed to withdraw him from it by Sunday's deadline.

The 24-year-old lined up at the start of heat five but was already well behind the field at the start of the back straight before stopping running completely another 100m into the race and wandering back across the infield past the pole vault area.

"The referee considered that he had not provided a bona fide effort and decided to exclude him from participation in all further events in the competition," read an IAAF statement.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Are they the ITV of US broadcasting?

They would need to improve to be compared with even ITV’s standard of sports coverage.

I was expecting the jingoism about team USA but very disappointed about their lack of live Olympic coverage. I had hoped that BBC America would have picked up the feed from the UK but I guess they cannot due to contractual reasons.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Am I the only one watching the pole-vault thinking that the crowd should be doing an increasingly louder 'whoa' as the the competitors run up, ready to shout 'you're shit' if they fail? Of course they should cheer with a success.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here