Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official NSC Swine Fever watch

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
All schools in Worthing seem to have had at least one case.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
BN18 Arundel, heard of quite a few cases of swine flu in then last couple of days.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
The guy I sit next to at work has finally got his swine flu swab result back - POSITIVE :ohmy:

He was off for a week, very poorly on all accounts, but fine now, so we're all keeping our fingers crossed. Have also got a member of staff off with chicken pox atm, so we're doing really well here in EC1 :)

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
one confirmed ca at boundstone,one unconfirmed at seaside school ,one confirmed case at boots chemist at lyons farm

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I didn't think that people were being tested for it anymore? I thought people were just being treated as 'suspected cases'.

I'm confused now.

If you ring NHS direct they will ask if you want to take part in epidemiology study for H5N1.

Results come back via GP.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Who swabs you then? And how long does it take for the results?

They send you a little kit, in it there is a pot of yellow liquid, a swab and a questionairre.

You swab your nose, cut the tip off the swab and put it in the liquid and send it in a pre paid envelope to the centre of viral studies with your Questionnaire and GP details.

Your GP is sent results and he contacts you direct.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
They send you a little kit, in it there is a pot of yellow liquid, a swab and a questionairre.

You swab your nose, cut the tip off the swab and put it in the liquid and send it in a pre paid envelope to the centre of viral studies with your Questionnaire and GP details.

Your GP is sent results and he contacts you direct.

That makes perfect sense. Thank you, and have a speedy recovery :)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I Thought I had it, turned out to be a throat infection doc gave me a course of Antibiotics to take for a week.

Im off to Cyprus for two weeks next sunday so hopefully its cleared up.:(

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Ambulance has just rocked up to my neighbours with them wearing masks and gloves etc to take my neighbour's kid in. She has a lot of pre-existing conditions so I'm hoping it's just a scare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here