Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2013 Thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
People deal with grief in different ways. I played football 4 hours after my mum passed away. Sometimes it's a relief just to concentrate on something else.
Yeah I get that, my dad's passing was, eventually, a blessed release.

But the specific aspects of this certainly stopped me in my tracks.
I knew there had been a tragedy but didn't know what form it took.
To continue in your job 2 days after something so abhorrent I found jaw dropping.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Re the 'Skins, im currently listening to Kornheiser, from Monday.
To say the boys in the studio are having a bout of gallows humour, would be an understatement.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Indeed, a reasonable point. Not sure whether or not that would want to make me play more or less. Horrible situation.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Jets finally get revenge on the Pats after five consecutive losses. And it was the first use of an obscure new rule, which penalizes a player from pushing from the second level of defense, which helped them win in OT. My only worry is that people will now start believing that Rex Ryan is a good manager.

One new name suggested for the Washington Redskins is the Washington Foreskins in deference to all the dickheads in that great city.

W FS.png

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
First visit of the season to see the Giants play. Met Life stadium is a great stadium, not as good as the Amex obviously, but it is a pain to get to as you need to take two trains. There was some serious tailgating going on before the game, some good barbeques with Giants and Vikings fans cooking side by side – all very civilized.

And finally a win, it wasn’t pretty but 23-7 will do. Surprised at the number of fans leaving early (bad fans) especially as it was their first win in 7 games. Would have thought they’d hang on to cheer the team, but I suppose it was quarter to midnight when we left and still another 45 minutes to get back to NYC.

2.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
First visit of the season to see the Giants play. Met Life stadium is a great stadium, not as good as the Amex obviously, but it is a pain to get to as you need to take two trains. There was some serious tailgating going on before the game, some good barbeques with Giants and Vikings fans cooking side by side – all very civilized.

And finally a win, it wasn’t pretty but 23-7 will do. Surprised at the number of fans leaving early (bad fans) especially as it was their first win in 7 games. Would have thought they’d hang on to cheer the team, but I suppose it was quarter to midnight when we left and still another 45 minutes to get back to NYC.

View attachment 47904View attachment 47905View attachment 47906View attachment 47907

Looks great, can't wait for our next game this Sunday at Wembley, bit of a miss match but the 49'ers are starting to look strong again. I hope the tail gate is better than the one put on for the Minnesota game, with three games again next year could be getting the Giants as an away game next year.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Nice pics Lyndhurst I suppose the Giants had to win sometime. Did catch some of the game, oh my, how bad was Josh Freeman? Truly awful.

Loved the Colts/Broncos game this week, and absolutely delighted relieved that the Skins won too.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Looks great, can't wait for our next game this Sunday at Wembley, bit of a miss match but the 49'ers are starting to look strong again. I hope the tail gate is better than the one put on for the Minnesota game, with three games again next year could be getting the Giants as an away game next year.

Enjoy the game - it’s on TV out here so will be tuning in. Like you say, a bit of a mismatch with the Jags 0-7, but as they are in a corner they may come out fighting and San Francisco are looking strong, so could be a good game.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Nice pics Lyndhurst I suppose the Giants had to win sometime. Did catch some of the game, oh my, how bad was Josh Freeman? Truly awful.

Loved the Colts/Broncos game this week, and absolutely delighted relieved that the Skins won too.

Yep, Freeman was abysmal. I don’t think many Giants fans are reading too much into the result, more a case of us finally finding a team that are worse than we are !

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Yup, Andrew Luck looks like the real deal. It'll be interesting to see how the Colts cope without Reggie Wayne.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Yep, Freeman was abysmal. I don’t think many Giants fans are reading too much into the result, more a case of us finally finding a team that are worse than we are !

Well you have to start somewhere, we've had a slice of luck in both our wins, with key players sidelined for Oakland and Chicago.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
2014 Wembley games have been announced.
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS will host the DALLAS COWBOYS.
ATLANTA FALCONS will host the DETROIT LIONS.
OAKLAND RAIDERS will host the MIAMI DOLPHINS .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2014 Wembley games have been announced.
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS will host the DALLAS COWBOYS.
ATLANTA FALCONS will host the DETROIT LIONS.
OAKLAND RAIDERS will host the MIAMI DOLPHINS .
Once again The NFL has pulled out all the stops.

It doesn't matter how sh*te the Raiders are them v Miami will be massive.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
They'd be putting real Jaguars down at this point.

Seriously I spend my whole time extolling the virtues of the American system delivering competitive sport & they couldn't have hand picked a bigger mismatch. The Niners will have their big guns off by the 3rd qtr I'd imagine.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
They'd be putting real Jaguars down at this point.

Seriously I spend my whole time extolling the virtues of the American system delivering competitive sport & they couldn't have hand picked a bigger mismatch. The Niners will have their big guns off by the 3rd qtr I'd imagine.

Usually take my boy to the October game but this was always going to be such a mismatch I decided to save my money this year.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Terelle Pryors 92,yard run was not bad for a QB. Still not as impressive as Peytons slow motion run the other week :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here