Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2013 Thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Hi Guys, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm from a universe where the Cleveland Browns are perennially shit, but somehow I've slipped through a crack in the space/time continuum and ended up in a universe where they've just won three games in succession. In my universe they lost the first two games badly, thought 'here we go again', and then gave up and capitulated in the next 3 ending up with a 35-10 loss to the Bills. 0-5 as we all expected. What's the difference in this universe?

The Browns are in a poor division it looks this year. They've got an outside chance of making the playoffs. I mean at 0-4, the Steelers are still in it if they buck their ideas up. I reckon 9-7 could be good enough to win that one.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
A bit delayed, sorry - a few of my photos from the last Wembley game

NFL  003.jpg

NFL  007.jpg

NFL  009.jpg

NFL  013.jpg

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
0-6 now and 2 bad interceptions by Eli Manning in the first quarter, the Giants will be paying the fans to turn up soon

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
0-6 now and 2 bad interceptions by Eli Manning in the first quarter, the Giants will be paying the fans to turn up soon

Eli's just been cut by one of the other teams in my fantasy league & I'm currently resisting the urge to drop Sam Bradford for him as my backup QB.

Question is he can't possibly be this bad for the rest of the season. He's too good and he's got decent targets hasn't he?

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Here's a hotel room screenshot from that dramatic Denver 51 Dallas 48 game.
49ers 4.jpg

and of course my lads.

49ers1.jpg 49ers2.jpg 49ers3.jpg

#QuestforSix

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

I can sympathise with you as a fan, hell knows the redskins have been just as flat out bad one the last two decades, but I'm so glad Mara is getting his comeuppance for the cap space thievery which has crippled the Skins the last two years and has even put a dent in the Girls roster too.

Given the talent on the Giants roster I am stunned at your start, it will surely get better soon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can sympathise with you as a fan, hell knows the redskins have been just as flat out bad one the last two decades,
Packers fan, no idea what you're talking about!! :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey, I was just trying to be nice! No need to rub it in. Would love to see a game at Lambeau, a definite entry on the bucket list, glad I didn't choose this year :)
I had a flight of fancy moment, this time last year.

I had the week off and GB were at home to Chicago, Thursday night.
Plus the 'Natnals were at home the first weekend.

I'd convinced myself I'd earned the trip to see both, and Mastercard were happy to treat me.

To this day I still can't be sure bottling out, was the right move.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I had a flight of fancy moment, this time last year.

I had the week off and GB were at home to Chicago, Thursday night.
Plus the 'Natnals were at home the first weekend.

I'd convinced myself I'd earned the trip to see both, and Mastercard were happy to treat me.

To this day I still can't be sure bottling out, was the right move.

Wrong move. Still always another time. Lambeau is meant to be superb, and the classiest set of fans in the league, the warm welcome is extended to the visitors too. The Skins fans that went this year reported a fine time apart from the game. The Nats were garbage this year, until it was too late anyway. No idea who to root for in the playoffs now the A's and Pirates are out, who ever is playing Boston I suppose.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Given the talent on the Giants roster I am stunned at your start, it will surely get better soon.

Question is he can't possibly be this bad for the rest of the season. He's too good and he's got decent targets hasn't he?

It’s embarrassing for the Giants as Manning is one of the NFL poster boys, hard to believe he is a two time Super Bowl MVP! Their worst start since 1976, they had a chance to win in the last few minutes but Manning threw his 3rd interception (and 15th of the season) and that was that.

The season began with the Giants thinking they had a legitimate shot at being the first team to play the Super Bowl on home turf – now we’re just fighting for pride.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It’s embarrassing for the Giants as Manning is one of the NFL poster boys, hard to believe he is a two time Super Bowl MVP! Their worst start since 1976, they had a chance to win in the last few minutes but Manning threw his 3rd interception (and 15th of the season) and that was that.

The season began with the Giants thinking they had a legitimate shot at being the first team to play the Super Bowl on home turf – now we’re just fighting for pride.

That is the Eli-conundrum, no-one rates him but two (count 'em Peyton) rings. The guy just knows how to win big games. This season is lost, but no reason to suspect that he cannot come out ahead in clutch games in the future.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Eli's confidence is shot at the moment - big brother having a stellar start to the season can't be helping as it just puts Eli's poor form in sharper focus. He really could do with a couple of games out of the spotlight but I don't think the Giants have anyone really to step in.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Awesome, the girlfriend has just got us tickets to Ravens @ Bears in November, to be able to go to Soldier Field and watch the Bears in the US, having a gf from Chicago who is awesome rocks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey, Packers v Gayvens is a game it's own mother would struggle to love.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I was fortunate enough to catch a game at the Sunlife Stadium 2 weeks ago, watched the 'Canes trample the Savannah Stare Tigers. Obviously didn't get the full experience but the attendance was over 20, 000 and they had all the usual razz matazz going on.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Somehow I don't think Darren Sproles of the Saints is feeling the lurve

184425349.jpg

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Keeping my head down this week on this thread after sunday's crushing disappointment at jerryworld. Just have to accept that the Skins are only going to be average at best this season. Hope we can spend the restored cap money wisely in the offseason.

Other than my own team's woeful performance still an enjoyable season though. I'm focused on the Ducks right now, great win on saturday night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here