Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2013 Thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That Broncos games was ridiculous. Romo has the game of his life......and.....f**ks it up, hilarious. Seriously though, the Redskins must be wondering if they get out of their forthcoming fixtures against those two, it was stunning offence from both sides.
What score wins the NFC East?

6-10? :lol:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Ugh, beaten by a very good Saints team but we need to win our next few games for sure, think we can do the Giants Thursday and push on before Bye

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yay, Raiders won albeit a 23:30 KO due to having to dismantle the baseball pitch

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
That Broncos games was ridiculous. Romo has the game of his life......and.....f**ks it up, hilarious. Seriously though, the Redskins must be wondering if they get out of their forthcoming fixtures against those two, it was stunning offence from both sides.

I thought we were heading for our first defeat at several points during the game. Had to check the stats again to day to confirm that there was only one punt in the whole game - that must be a very rare event. Still, tough game next week - Jags at home:lolol:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I thought we were heading for our first defeat at several points during the game. Had to check the stats again to day to confirm that there was only one punt in the whole game - that must be a very rare event. Still, tough game next week - Jags at home:lolol:

That's just cruel. I reckon Manning may well have his feet up after half time.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
I'm back from San Francisco and was at Candlestick Park for the 34-3 win over the Texans last Sunday.
Amazing City.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did the third London game, for next season, pass everyone by?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Exciting times, Falcons and Raiders both good draws and there is a tantalising list of potential opponents for each of them.
The NFL site mention it was no coincidence that the 3 'home' teams chosen had 'problem' home stadiums.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The NFL site mention it was no coincidence that the 3 'home' teams chosen had 'problem' home stadiums.

Is the Georgia Dome (other than it's age) a problem for the Falcons? I know the Coliseum is a dump (still rooting for the A's tonight though). Atlanta is due an amazing new stadium if the current plans are anything to go by. Goodell seems pretty set on a london franchise now, if they do a club level ST for next year I may do it as the facilities and view are superb for NFL. Hopefully they can sell the tickets relatively quickly. The Steelers/Vikings game was an amazing atmosphere, and if the Cowboys are one of the away teams the 'home team' will get a real advantage.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was always hopeful that would make the Raiders come over at some point.
They certainly will be a popular draw, even if they are so bad they can't beat the 'Skins.

Which reminds me, the 'offensive' Redskins name change debate has gathered pace, again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They know they are going to have to change at some point, surely? Why not just admit it now?
The word on the street is that because the 'Skins fans are so opposed to the idea a situation has to be engineered where The NFL forces the change on the owner, so he doesn't lose credibility.
But in so doing The NFL can't look too dictatorial and heavy handed, in local team issues.

It's a tough tightrope to walk.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hi Guys, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm from a universe where the Cleveland Browns are perennially shit, but somehow I've slipped through a crack in the space/time continuum and ended up in a universe where they've just won three games in succession. In my universe they lost the first two games badly, thought 'here we go again', and then gave up and capitulated in the next 3 ending up with a 35-10 loss to the Bills. 0-5 as we all expected. What's the difference in this universe?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hi Guys, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm from a universe where the Cleveland Browns are perennially shit, but somehow I've slipped through a crack in the space/time continuum and ended up in a universe where they've just won three games in succession. In my universe they lost the first two games badly, thought 'here we go again', and then gave up and capitulated in the next 3 ending up with a 35-10 loss to the Bills. 0-5 as we all expected. What's the difference in this universe?
I loved the end of the Browns highlights, this week, words to the effect of:-.

'So Cleveland move to 3 & 2, for the first time since 2001' (ish).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here