Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****The Official 'Let's keep the We Love You/Ultras Song' Thread****

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Whilst I have two hours to kill before my next seminar and it's pissing down outside in the Midlands, thought I'd start this thread I'd been thinking about for a couple of days.

I personally really like the Ultras/North Stand/We Love You song. The backlash against it after the Palace game has been misconstrued by people. Is it because we realised it's a horrible song, or simply that Palace sung their version better than us? It is the latter. Therefore, why cave in and admit that Palace can sing a song better than us? If EVERYONE in the Amex sung it, it would not only have drowned out Palace's, but it would have even put their home version of it to shame as I believe the Holmesdale sing it (yet very well). There is no reason why we can't make it sound good. Hell, even in it's current capacity, it sounds half good on the radio/highlights.

But obviously, there needs to be changes made to it.

NSK needs to realise that the only way to make it successful is to change the lyrics to preferably;

We are Brighton, Brighton, Brighton,
Brighton and Hove Albion, Hove Albion, Hove Albion,
Hove Albion from Sussex, Sussex, Sussex,
Sussex By-the-Sea, Sea Sea
etc

There is nothing wrong with the song. It creates an atmosphere and the newly proposed Magicko song basically includes 'woahs'. These are undoubtedly more original lyrics than Palace's, which I think are limp to be honest. The song would then include, Brighton, Albion and Sussex by-the-sea, all elements of every other Brighton song we have.

NSK has to lead the way though in changing this if they want to keep it alive. This way the whole stadium can join in, and frankly, put Palace to shame when we rock up to Selhurst.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I believe many in the NSK are singing it with Brighton at the beginning now, I know I certainly am. This song will not be dropped entirely as enough people do like it.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I hate to admit it, but the palace version sounds brilliant because they all start simultaneously. it has impact. they do that 'woooaaaaahhh' thing before to get everybody going.

it just doesnt sound as good 'faded in', doesn't have the instant impact that song has.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Those words sound even worse to me! Time to let the song die in my opinion, people only join in with the woah bits and then it all goes silent before starting up again. Agree with giving new songs a go but we have embarrassed ourselves enough with this one. Move on

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
New words, brilliant. When NSK first came up with the song, the intention wasn't to copy Phallus, it just so happened that the mockneys up there sang it too. But with our new, all-inclusive words, it's a winner :thumbsup:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Still sunny in my part of Coventry! Whereabouts are you?

Warwick Uni (South Cov, I think). Huge black cloud right above us! Hopefully it'll pass.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I believe many in the NSK are singing it with Brighton at the beginning now, I know I certainly am. This song will not be dropped entirely as enough people do like it.

Saved me typing it!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Since Palace game, its dead for me now. I just associate it with that game. Cant sing it anymore. Please just embrace the new Magiko song as its way better and wont be associated with Palace. Palace do it better because they do the oooohhh at the begining so they get as many as poss to start it straight away.
That needs to be done with the Magiko song too.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I'm in Westwood Business Park, just up the road! I can now see the black cloud, looks like it is heading your way!!

Looks like it's beginning to clear now thankfully, I can see blue sky!

And to those who think the 'oooo' is needed - do we do this for 'Aaaaalbiiiooooon' or 'We are Brighton from the South'? I wouldn't mind doing it at all, but it'd probably just cause unneeded confusion in the North Stand.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
1000.2% FACT.

The dropping of the song and a group suicide pact by all the NSK and their supporters would do the rest of us a massive favor as well.

No need to slag off NSK, they're trying to get new songs going which should only be applauded. The fact that one song has worked out shouldn't discourage them, or anyone, from keeping trying new songs

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Whilst I have two hours to kill before my next seminar and it's pissing down outside in the Midlands, thought I'd start this thread I'd been thinking about for a couple of days.

I personally really like the Ultras/North Stand/We Love You song. The backlash against it after the Palace game has been misconstrued by people. Is it because we realised it's a horrible song, or simply that Palace sung their version better than us? It is the latter. Therefore, why cave in and admit that Palace can sing a song better than us? If EVERYONE in the Amex sung it, it would not only have drowned out Palace's, but it would have even put their home version of it to shame as I believe the Holmesdale sing it (yet very well). There is no reason why we can't make it sound good. Hell, even in it's current capacity, it sounds half good on the radio/highlights.

But obviously, there needs to be changes made to it.

NSK needs to realise that the only way to make it successful is to change the lyrics to preferably;

We are Brighton, Brighton, Brighton,
Brighton and Hove Albion, Hove Albion, Hove Albion,
Hove Albion from Sussex, Sussex, Sussex,
Sussex By-the-Sea, Sea Sea
etc

There is nothing wrong with the song. It creates an atmosphere and the newly proposed Magicko song basically includes 'woahs'. These are undoubtedly more original lyrics than Palace's, which I think are limp to be honest. The song would then include, Brighton, Albion and Sussex by-the-sea, all elements of every other Brighton song we have.

NSK has to lead the way though in changing this if they want to keep it alive. This way the whole stadium can join in, and frankly, put Palace to shame when we rock up to Selhurst.

first - agree, it's good and can be better - so keep it

second - NSC don't determine what is kept or not. people in the ground do, people need to get a reality check on that. lots of people like this but don't sing the words.

third - even fewer words, make this better and clearer

We are Brighton, Brighton, Brighton
Brighton and Hove Albion, Albion, Albion
Al-bi-on from Sussex, Sussex, Sussex
Sussex by the SEA, SEA, SEA

quality

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here