Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official "f*** off/I hate Norwich City fc" Thread

NorwichFan

Jan 17, 2011
He is a footballer trying to move up, maybe he is hoping Norwich will be a stepping stone for the Premier League if he does move. However, his agent may have told him to put in the request to see what reaction he gets so he can either a) get a move up a league (albeit possibly for half a season?) b) get an even better contract despite signing a long term one not long ago? Maybe he is on average/poor wages compared to some players and is trying to boost his earnings now he has become so important to you?

If he did come (big IF) then I don't think he would be a bench warmer, Lambert likes to mix it up so no team can scout us and guarentee what formation we will play. We have played away games 3/4 times this season with practically 4 strikers on the pitch from the start and torn teams apart. I think his default setting is 4-4-2 which would suit Bennet, but he plays 4-1-2-1-2 because our best players fill those positions best. You play to your strengths, not your favourite formation (ask Roy Hodgson).

Norwich is a really nice place to be and I really wouldn't blame any player for wanting the facilities we have (despite your stadium looking brilliant for next year) and the area to live in, but most of all, I couldn't blame any player for wanting to play for Lambert, I know it might be hard for other clubs to understand but the man is a genius and his man management is 2nd to none!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Norwich is a really nice place to be and I really wouldn't blame any player for wanting the facilities we have (despite your stadium looking brilliant for next year) and the area to live in, but most of all, I couldn't blame any player for wanting to play for Lambert, I know it might be hard for other clubs to understand but the man is a genius and his man management is 2nd to none!

Questionable loyalty though. You will excuse us a smile when he ups sticks. And you can do the same should Gus depart.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
He is a footballer trying to move up, maybe he is hoping Norwich will be a stepping stone for the Premier League if he does move. However, his agent may have told him to put in the request to see what reaction he gets so he can either a) get a move up a league (albeit possibly for half a season?) b) get an even better contract despite signing a long term one not long ago? Maybe he is on average/poor wages compared to some players and is trying to boost his earnings now he has become so important to you?

If he did come (big IF) then I don't think he would be a bench warmer, Lambert likes to mix it up so no team can scout us and guarentee what formation we will play. We have played away games 3/4 times this season with practically 4 strikers on the pitch from the start and torn teams apart. I think his default setting is 4-4-2 which would suit Bennet, but he plays 4-1-2-1-2 because our best players fill those positions best. You play to your strengths, not your favourite formation (ask Roy Hodgson).

Finally a decent, well argued post by a Norwich fan. However gonna debate back..

I don't think Bennett would be on that bad wages, in fact I should imagine he's probably one of our highest earners. Got no facts to back that up just assuming but having just signed a contract as you said I doubt he's on peanuts.

For a young lad there's not too many better places to live then Brighton, Elliott is settled down here and loves the area, it would almost certainly be a footballing decision and not a personal one.

I really rate Lambert but Gus also is borderline genius. What the guy has done here has been incredible, and I would argue any player would love to play for him.

Despite the numberous threads questionning why he would go to Norwich I would say 90% of us realise Norwich is a step up. However it won't be an easy decide for the club or the player I should imagine. The lure of Premiership football is probably the most important factor and all the add-ons are a bonus for him.

BrightonCanary

Jan 28, 2011
Nice to see how most Brighton fans on here are pretty reasonable, despite the original poster's attempt to stir up some anti-Norwich hate. Let's hope both teams get promotion this year, with the Scum (Ipswich) and Palace dropping down.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Yeh for a f*** off Norwich tread it's become a bit civil!

OK - Respect to the recent Canaries who have show some decency thinking they have scalped us again - It ain't over til a fat bird sings - And Tony Bloom is a fat cat so don't count yer chickens farmer bouys!!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I hate them MORE than Charlton. And those that know me know I have a real, and I mean REAL, hatred of Charlton. Norwich have just surpassed that.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We'll be buying players off norwich next season,may even have them as a feeder club:D

On the other hand we would do the same thing:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here