Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official "f*** off/I hate Norwich City fc" Thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I actually quite like Norwich.

Good old fashioned ground, fantastic and very loyal support and, well, just an all round friendly bunch.

Oh, and the pasties. Have I mentioned the pasties?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
They are ok by me as well.

It makes sense looking at out players. They like the syle we play and so buying players who are comfortable with the style makes sense. Especially if they are in a lower division and come at a lower price.

And as pointed out above - we have done similar things - as have all clubs.

This is how football works, deal with it

yep, we aren't exactly innocent on this type of practice...footballers are not fans, in the main, of the club that they play for. We all generally want to earn more or test ourselves in getting promotions at work. Why would we expect footballers to be any different? It is annoying as this does have all the feel of Bennett's agent getting tapped up, but what in the end can we do. I actually think grabbing a big pile of cash for him. Using Dicker on the right (who i actually think has been playing really well this season), Noone on the left actually gives us a better balance anyway

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't like or dislike Norwich.

I nothing them.

But having been subjected to the ceaseless prattlings of Roy from Bungay, Bill from Swaffham etc on here for the last few weeks I would have a little smile if Bennett ended up going to Burnley.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think I'd dislike Norwich a lot more if it wasn't for Bloom's money. As it is, they won't get their man, so it's easy to be fairly pragmatic and just shrug and say "that's football"

I'm still none too keen on Reading, by the way. Too bad Bloom wasn't waving his cash around and Falmer on the horizon when they came sniffing around and successfully NICKED all our staff.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
£115m??? Jealous much!!!! haha... He seems like the kind of person you want in charge of your club! If he sticks to his guns and says 'Elliott, your staying, if you sulk, you won't play... act carefully as we own you', then good on him really.

I would hate Delia and our board if they just said 'oh a bit of money for Hoolahan, deal'. Like I said, if he wants Bennett, he will keep Bennett. if he can see a suitable alternative and thinks the club could benefit, he will sell him.

Anyway, no need to hate my club as they haven't done anything wrong I don't think? Lambert said himself in the past few days 'Brighton told us he isn't for sale and nothing has changed as far as I'm aware, i haven't heard anything'.. Along those lines anyway.
When your a bigger club than us and trying to 'steal' players, I won't hate you for it, I will look for a new hero at the club!

You took the piss earlier saying EB was heading your way. You now have your answer, he is not.

NorwichFan

Jan 17, 2011
I don't remember taking the piss? Please point me to where I did that so I can hang my head in shame...

I don't hate Norwich, I hate Palace :shrug:

So they want to buy one of our players, annoying yeah but ho hum. It's like getting wound up cos some other bloke fancies your bird, just be flattered she's obviously that tasty enough to be wanted by someone else.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
£115m??? Jealous much!!!! haha... He seems like the kind of person you want in charge of your club! If he sticks to his guns and says 'Elliott, your staying, if you sulk, you won't play... act carefully as we own you', then good on him really.

This Norwich fan seems alright actually! At the end of the day this is what football is all about, but this sends out a HUGE signal that we are no longer a selling club and are able to keep our best players...but the main beef is the timing of the request. Three days before the end of the window absolutely STINKS. If Elliot had handed in his transfer request at the end of December then that is a different issue.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I don't have a problem with what Norwich have done. They've made a offer for a good player. If we are in the same position next season I am sure we will do the same.

Personally I would like to see the transfer window scrapped, and you stick with your squad you started with.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3935736 said:
I don't hate Norwich, I hate Palace :shrug:

So they want to buy one of our players, annoying yeah but ho hum. It's like getting wound up cos some other bloke fancies your bird, just be flattered she's obviously that tasty enough to be wanted by someone else.

This

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yes of course, I'm sure that Swindon/Exeter/Plymouth/Rochdale feel the same about us.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Tony Bloom has spoken, he's not selling, not much of a gamble on this occasion.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I hate Norwich but that's only because I lived with a Norwich fan last year and whenever I think of them I picture his smug, spotty face chanting their songs at me.

NorwichFan

Jan 17, 2011
Take it as a compliment that we were/are interested in Bennett. Your team play good football, attract attention from other clubs in higher divisions and your players are regarded as good enough to play at a higher level.

As a club we expected Holt/Hoolahan and maybe to an extent Chris Martin to be the subject of interest in summer and this month. We were right, reports linked Tottenham with Chris Martin (maybe abit OTT) and Holt/Hoolahan with around half of the bloody Premier League. If/when you get promoted, expect the same from 'bigger' clubs.

BrightonCanary

Jan 28, 2011
Norwich fan in peace. Always annoying when other clubs go after your best players, but that's football. Brighton took him from another club, who took him from another club - way of the world. Personally I hope he comes to Norwich as I think he will be a good long term asset for us, under a great manager.
Really hope that Brighton get promoted and think you will. Shame we won't be playing you next year though, as we will be in the Prem:)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Norwich fan in peace. Always annoying when other clubs go after your best players, but that's football. Brighton took him from another club, who took him from another club - way of the world. Personally I hope he comes to Norwich as I think he will be a good long term asset for us, under a great manager.
Really hope that Brighton get promoted and think you will. Shame we won't be playing you next year though, as we will be in the Prem:)

You Cheeky Monkey!!

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley

Exactly what we were saying a month ago!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here