Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL election night thread

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Labour need a net gain of FOUR seats to have overall control of Brighton & Hove City Council.

Tories need a net gain of EIGHT seats to have overall control of Brighton & Hove City Council.

LibDems need a pickaxe throught their skulls to have overall control of their faculties in Lewes District Council.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The Complete Badger said:
Does anyone know roughly what time the Lewes results will be announced? I'm just trying to work out if it's worth staying up or not. Ta.

Sounds likely that it'll be tomorrow...for some reason. Smaller wards should be known first.

reuters

Feb 15, 2007
Brighton
The Large One said:
About lunchtime on Friday. They don't start the count until 9am tomorrow.

same with brighton and hove. what the hell is that about?

lid dems gained hulll council i think

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Franks Wild Years said:
I'm drunk for the first time in 3 years. Does this help ?

Only if you plan on fancying Pepper, the Wicked Witch of LDC and de Vecchi's right hand woman.

Being pissed takes the edge off her looks these days - she is not holding up well since her "tits out" days on Page 3.

reuters

Feb 15, 2007
Brighton
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
The Tories have LOST control of Hastings thanks to by-elections taking place today. There's no full council election there.

:clap2: love to see the tories lose something

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Complete Badger said:
Oh really. I just presumed it would be tonight. Thanks anyway.

The town council in Newhaven is also being counted so it doesn't even start until 9am.
Ned & I are going to the count so we'll text someone the result tomorrow.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I really think Labour will lose Brighton and Hove.

It's very depressing for me:( My parents remember when they gained overall control back in 1986, my mum was a councillor in Regency ward, Blair was a nobody back then, the future looked tough but do-able.

It will be sad to see Labour lose the council, I know how much work went into that historic victory back in the day.

Up the seagulls party though, I want something to cheer about:)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
bigc said:
I really think Labour will lose Brighton and Hove.

It's very depressing for me:( My parents remember when they gained overall control back in 1986, my mum was a councillor in Regency ward, Blair was a nobody back then, the future looked tough but do-able.

It will be sad to see Labour lose the council, I know how much work went into that historic victory back in the day.

Up the seagulls party though, I want something to cheer about:)
My prediction is...

The Tories will be the largest party in the city, BUT... Labour and the Greens (who I reckon will also make gains - albeit mainly at Labour's expense) will form an alliance to oust the Tories and to keep the council power.

We'll see.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
My prediction is...

The Tories will be the largest party in the city, BUT... Labour and the Greens (who I reckon will also make gains - albeit mainly at Labour's expense) will form an alliance to oust the Tories and to keep the council power.

We'll see.

We shall see.

I'm not surprised, the arrogance and general unapproachableness of souls such as Mr Bodfish doesn't surprise me.

Brighton is FAR better than 1986...but could be better than it is now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here