Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Albion v Palace build-up banter and p*ss-taking thread [Palace fans welcome]

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
4 casks of Croydons finest Cronx beer delivered to the Amex today, just for the Palace fans ! :thumbsup:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
4 casks of Croydons finest Cronx beer delivered to the Amex today, just for the Palace fans ! :thumbsup:

A bootiful pint , it's like a limpet mine going off on your tounge :drink:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Pity we cant get a cask in with the Brighton fans..after a pint of the necter they might fancy ordering a few more, it would be good if Brighton ordered a Palace beer!! mind you harveys is a bit yummy as well!

Would be nice, if after the game we could all have a pint together and chat about the win / loss without all the sillyness that goes on with the keyboard Warriors on chat forums...or am I just turning into a hippy?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Pity we cant get a cask in with the Brighton fans..after a pint of the necter they might fancy ordering a few more, it would be good if Brighton ordered a Palace beer!! mind you harveys is a bit yummy as well!

Would be nice, if after the game we could all have a pint together and chat about the win / loss without all the sillyness that goes on with the keyboard Warriors on chat forums...or am I just turning into a hippy?

Agreed, I'd rather talk about football with a Palace fan than a top 8 premier league fan any day of the week.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Agreed, I'd rather talk about football with a Palace fan than a top 8 premier league fan any day of the week.

Had a good chat with 3 weed in our victory club before the game in December . Good guys they were and it was nice to chat football on the same level . I asked them if they posted on the big board and they said no " it's full of idiots " so I kept quiet on that front :smile:

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Same here, walked away from selhurst this season and had some perfectly amenable chat and light hearted banter with a couple of palace fans. Shame about all the divs stuck in the 80s wanting to have a ruck.

I know the police are gearing up in anticipation of serious disorder and suspect there will be a lock in for palace fans after the game after last years debacle as everyone left. The fact a special train is being laid on 45 minutes after the final whistle suggests to me this might be the case, they aren't going to let several hundred palace mill around outside the ground and at the station are they! I suspect families, disabled fans and the elderly will be allowed to filter through the police lines.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
What is it? Bitter/Ale? Lager? Stout/Porter?

It's a real ale botty , brewed by a couple of palace fans in their micro brewery . Mind you they do a porter as well so it depends on what Brighton have ordered .

Last edited:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
What is it? Bitter/Ale? Lager? Stout/Porter?

They do a few, but the blonde ale is very nice indeed.
I like a pint of Harvey's as well, and in my opinion, Cronx is up there with it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: The official Albion v Palace build-up banter and p*ss-taking thread

Well done to the club for getting a decent away fan beer in.

But arn't a lot of palace fans boycotting the bar at the Amex to spend their cash elsewhere ? :lolol:

It is indeed a shame that the policy allowing home / away fans to mix in the Amex bars is suspended for this game.

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Whats the point of even playing the match,Palarse players will be dropping like 9 pins,clutching their faces,trying to get Albion players sent off,diving to the ground every time they are in the penalty area,we will have at least one player sent off,Palarse will have at least one penalty as will we which,of course will be missed.I don't feel good about this game at all,I blame going to Bradford yesterday.Well pissed off!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The official Albion v Palace build-up banter and p*ss-taking thread [Palace fan

It is indeed a shame that the policy allowing home / away fans to mix in the Amex bars is suspended for this game.

No it isn't, it is exactly the right thing to do. Thank God the club / police can see that.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Whats the point of even playing the match,Palarse players will be dropping like 9 pins,clutching their faces,trying to get Albion players sent off,diving to the ground every time they are in the penalty area,we will have at least one player sent off,Palarse will have at least one penalty as will we which,of course will be missed.I don't feel good about this game at all,I blame going to Bradford yesterday.Well pissed off!

Why did you go to Bradford yesterday?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The official Albion v Palace build-up banter and p*ss-taking thread [Palace fan

It's the blonde not a bad pint, shame they don't oblige the away fans with Cronx beer at Selhurst instead of the awful carling in plastic bottles. I have not seen any official announcement that fans can't mingle after the game in the usual way, I know there will be the usual brain dead spoiling for a fight but has this been stopped for Sunday?
I was in the main stand at Selhurst before the December game (boy was Albion mascot) and we downed several pints of Cronx and had some decent banter with no hassle.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: The official Albion v Palace build-up banter thread [Palace fans welcome]

No it isn't, it is exactly the right thing to do. Thank God the club / police can see that.

I meant it's a shame it has to be suspended, which obviously it does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here