Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Albion v Palace build-up banter and p*ss-taking thread [Palace fans welcome]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Morning Trig. What's your prediction for Sunday?
Loss of breath, dizziness and a panic attack, followed by a shower and breakfast. If I can stomach it, I'll try a couple of pints before heading off for the Amex.

On the pitch, we're missing a few players already so it's quite important the remaining lot are fit to play, and that the ref is wise to the antics on the pitch. Do bookies do odds on penalties being given? It's practically a dead cert.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
surprised this game isn't being shown on some channel somewhere in the world, especially with it's KO time. Anyone seen anything anywhere?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Loss of breath, dizziness and a panic attack, followed by a shower and breakfast. If I can stomach it, I'll try a couple of pints before heading off for the Amex.

On the pitch, we're missing a few players already so it's quite important the remaining lot are fit to play, and that the ref is wise to the antics on the pitch. Do bookies do odds on penalties being given? It's practically a dead cert.

Betfair do a market on penalties AND sendings off. The market on this one hasn't got going yet - it still shows 1.01 back and 1000 lay - but I'd imagine there'll be a bit of interest on this one by Sunday morning.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Betfair do a market on penalties AND sendings off. The market on this one hasn't got going yet - it still shows 1.01 back and 1000 lay - but I'd imagine there'll be a bit of interest on this one by Sunday morning.

Buckley or one of those spanish chaps to blow over in the wind?

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
There seems to be some good honest and non abusive comments on here, may that continue. I for one love the fact that we have Palace as rivals, some of my best mates are Palace fans and meeting some this weekend for a few beers. i can never understand the strange logic that just because your Dad/Mum took you to another club and made you a fan of that club, then it makes you any better or worse than any other fan. As long as you support your club through thick and thin, then ok by me. I am sure the majority will be sensible and there will always be idiots on both sides, but we can hope that we treat the fans like normal then they will behave. As far as the result goes, I am quite relaxed, as I have trained my mind to cope with the big games by remembering the Darlo game at home when they beat us 3-2 in front of 2/3000, which put us bottom of league and of course Hereford away. Now we have a wonderful ground (yes Palace it is), 24,000 STO's, a team which is a joy to watch, only the 1979 side would match this lot in my view. If you watched the way we played at Bolton on saturday, a prem side from last year and totally dominated play, a Bolton fan said to me, we were the most attractive team he has seen in years. All I know is that in football terms, the club are probably the best potentially positioned in the country to push forward to another level, maybe the team needs a bit more time, but to say i am a happy Brighton fan is an understatement. My Palace mates agree that are behind us in most things at the moment, but better on the pitch, which I cant really dispute. Bring it on......

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just been looking at the BBS to have a look at their predictions etc.. They seem reasonably optimistic with about 60% predicting a win; 30% predict a draw; and 10% predict that we'll win.

The BBS away end has an interesting 'true' story about one of their lot having had a chat with a Liverpool supporter with an Amex season ticket, but who isn't going to Sunday's match because they have tickets to the England v Wales 6 nations decider. Another Palace muppet has weighed in with his own little anecdote that he's been offered tickets to the Rugby, but has turned them down to go to watch the Brighton v Palace game instead; I guess to demonstrate how he is a much better supporter than the average Amex ST holder. Maybe someone should point out that the Rugby isn't actually on on the same day as the football? Either way I think it deserves the following:
173757.jpg

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
There seems to be some good honest and non abusive comments on here, may that continue. I for one love the fact that we have Palace as rivals, some of my best mates are Palace fans and meeting some this weekend for a few beers. i can never understand the strange logic that just because your Dad/Mum took you to another club and made you a fan of that club, then it makes you any better or worse than any other fan. As long as you support your club through thick and thin, then ok by me. I am sure the majority will be sensible and there will always be idiots on both sides, but we can hope that we treat the fans like normal then they will behave. As far as the result goes, I am quite relaxed, as I have trained my mind to cope with the big games by remembering the Darlo game at home when they beat us 3-2 in front of 2/3000, which put us bottom of league and of course Hereford away. Now we have a wonderful ground (yes Palace it is), 24,000 STO's, a team which is a joy to watch, only the 1979 side would match this lot in my view. If you watched the way we played at Bolton on saturday, a prem side from last year and totally dominated play, a Bolton fan said to me, we were the most attractive team he has seen in years. All I know is that in football terms, the club are probably the best potentially positioned in the country to push forward to another level, maybe the team needs a bit more time, but to say i am a happy Brighton fan is an understatement. My Palace mates agree that are behind us in most things at the moment, but better on the pitch, which I cant really dispute. Bring it on......

Fair play mate, Enjoy the weekend.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Good post.

I am REALLY looking forward to Sunday, though not without occasional bouts of apprehension. The atmosphere will be electric - hairs standing on the back of the neck, with the buzz of nervous expectation all around.

What a BRILLIANT feeling it'll be when Ulloa bags his 2nd Amex hat-trick in the 93rd to nick it 3-2 (after 2 FFSM penalties of course)
What a SHOCKER it will be if we lose

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Just been looking at the BBS to have a look at their predictions etc.. They seem reasonably optimistic with about 60% predicting a win; 30% predict a draw; and 10% predict that we'll win.

The BBS away end has an interesting 'true' story about one of their lot having had a chat with a Liverpool supporter with an Amex season ticket, but who isn't going to Sunday's match because they have tickets to the England v Wales 6 nations decider. Another Palace muppet has weighed in with his own little anecdote that he's been offered tickets to the Rugby, but has turned them down to go to watch the Brighton v Palace game instead; I guess to demonstrate how he is a much better supporter than the average Amex ST holder. Maybe someone should point out that the Rugby isn't actually on on the same day as the football? Either way I think it deserves the following:
View attachment 40304

This is the quote your referring to!

dannyb1 said:
I was talking to a woman social worker who had come round mine yesterday our discussion had ended and she saw that I was a palace fan and proceded to tell me she was brighton.
She said that she was a season ticket holder but her and hubby were going to the rugby instead as they got tickets but she was gutted she was missing the big game, She then proceded to tell me her first team was liverpool to which I started to crack up in her face and as she was wondering why I told her that since the stadium was built it has been a long running joke that many of the new supporters are just rent a fans and like herself support other premier league teams and just found brighton.

View attachment 40304

Oh yes EVERYONE on the BBS knows a Brighton fan who really supports another Club and leaves the Amex on the 75th minute. I for one do not know ANY Palace supporters - that's because there fecking aren't any !

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
With the way Holloway sets up the ream, I can't see us sitting back and defending. With Zaha, Bolaise, Williams,and possibly Moritz in the middle, it's a very attack minded team,

This is why i feel a little bit confident. We seem to do okay against attacking teams.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Banter and p*ss-taking thread

As I see it the first goal is so, SO massive - if we score first the crowd will be electric, palace will have to push and we can stretch them and take advantage of their defensive weaknesses. If they score first the anxiety from the home crowd will be palpable and we will be there to be picked off on the counter.

We know palace's strengths - they get the ball wide, flood the box and gets crosses in, and they counter at will and with pace. Normally at the amex sides sit back and let us play, leave one up and try to counter or nick one from a set piece. It's not Holloway's style to play negatively like that as he is an attack-minded manager and always has been. The game will be high tempo which plays into our hands when we attack, but since buckley has been struggling for form and fitness our width has had to come from our full backs overlapping...that will help palace because if our full backs are caught out of position they will murder us down the flanks on the counter.

I think set pieces could be key, which is why vicente/lopez/orlandi could be enormous for us. Either way I think Jedinak v Vicente and Zaha v Bridge will be the two biggest battles (presuming all play). If it ends up Jedinak v Lopez and Zaha v Calderon, god help us.

I'm dreading it because we're usually slow out of the blocks in the second half and palace have been a second half team of late. I can see a 1-0 HT, 1-2 FT.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Not looking forward to it at all. Expecting another defeat. The only good thing is that they are the side expected to win so could suffer a bit of over confidence, fans and players. But hopefully the 3-0 at Selhurst is still fresh in a few of our player's minds and they'll be looking for some revenge. Just need to stop Murray and Phillisp scoring

Totally disagree, you're the home team, have a very good record at the Amex of late and our away form is patchy at best. The bookies also make you favourites. I'm going for 2-2 with Andre Moritz to get a late equalizer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here