Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Albion v Palace build-up banter and p*ss-taking thread [Palace fans welcome]

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Why do keep banging on about transfer fees and wages ? You're supposed to have the same wages budget as Leeds and increased it by £2M this season. If we lose with ELEVEN men on the pitch at the end of 95 minutes then we have no excuses.

We increased it by £2m to be the same as Leeds', yes.

Nonetheless, our first XI was put together with the same amount of money in transfer fees as you've spent on Ulloa alone. The difference between Palace and Brighton when it comes to transfers is that we almost always get good value for money. You might have a few of the bigger name players, but ours are better, cheaper and have a great resale value - which is what counts. Our transfers are investments, yours are wasted cash.

As for the last "point", whether you complete the game with 11 men is irrelevant. You can have no excuses either way unless the referee makes a mistake. If one of your players makes a stupid tackle like Lewis Dunk did, he deserves to be sent off. If that means that you lose the game, so be it.

But let's be honest, you'd probably have lost at Selhurst anyway even if Dunk stayed on the pitch. Hopefully you lose again on Sunday.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
We increased it by £2m to be the same as Leeds', yes.

Nonetheless, our first XI was put together with the same amount of money in transfer fees as you've spent on Ulloa alone. The difference between Palace and Brighton when it comes to transfers is that we almost always get good value for money. You might have a few of the bigger name players, but ours are better, cheaper and have a great resale value - which is what counts. Our transfers are investments, yours are wasted cash.

As for the last "point", whether you complete the game with 11 men is irrelevant. You can have no excuses either way unless the referee makes a mistake. If one of your players makes a stupid tackle like Lewis Dunk did, he deserves to be sent off. If that means that you lose the game, so be it.

But let's be honest, you'd probably have lost at Selhurst anyway even if Dunk stayed on the pitch. Hopefully you lose again on Sunday.

Hence your two administrations. I can only assume you are a comic creation and will dutifully ignore every post from here on in.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Like getting our money back and a bit extra for Dobbie ??? You're welcome to him.
I don't think dobbies too bad actually . Playing for the right manager he is mustard and I'm convinced he will chip in with some goals in the run in . Your lose could be our gain ....... Again !

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Do you think Vincente will play a part on Sunday then - I do hope so as have never seen him play and really do want to compare him to what we have at Palace. What about Buckley? Surely if he really is better than Zaha you cannot afford to leave him out at all?

Vincente won't play but Vicente will if available :wink: Buckley seems to have his head swayed after a £5M bid from Swansea in January.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Vincente won't play but Vicente will if available :wink: Buckley seems to have his head swayed after a £5M bid from Swansea in January.

Is he really injured or wrapped up in cotton wool for Sunday ? ( vincente/ Vicente / vindiesel ) £5 m ? I bet his heads still spinning .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I don't think dobbies too bad actually . Playing for the right manager he is mustard and I'm convinced he will chip in with some goals in the run in . Your lose could be our gain ....... Again !

He is ok but outside of the Monkey Tennis League he only did well at Blackpool. Currently his appearances/chances/goals ratio is the same as when we had him , so playing under Wurzel this time around hasn't worked out yet.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
He is ok but outside of the Monkey Tennis League he only did well at Blackpool. Currently his appearances/chances/goals ratio is the same as when we had him , so playing under Wurzel this time around hasn't worked out yet.

He did well at Blackpool - under Ian Holloway. He's been bloody good for us so far at times. By all accounts disappointing at Derby away but then again our whole team were, and we were lucky to win. Every game I've seen him in he was extremely unlucky. He could've had a hat trick against Leeds on Saturday.

Early signs look very promising.

Hence your two administrations. I can only assume you are a comic creation and will dutifully ignore every post from here on in.

Keep harping on about the past if you want to. Under CPFC2010 our transfers have been consistently very good.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Early signs look very promising. Every game I've seen him in he was extremely unlucky.
That is what I thought too when he played for us , wastes the easy chances and the difficult ones nearly go in.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
That is what I thought too when he played for us , wastes the easy chances and the difficult ones nearly go in.

We shall see. His passing is consistently fantastic though. He's playing quite deep so his only chances are shots from distance. He has created countless chances by sliding Wilf/Yala/Williams through, but doesn't get an assist because they then cross for Glenn.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Wages, no, I expect yours will be higher. Transfer fees, of course, because we're playing catch up with those that have been in higher leagues for years - but your players will have cost more in terms of academy training etc, as we basically don't have an academy yet.

Come on Trig, it's pretty obvious that you boys will be paying higher wages, you have big names like Bruno, Orlandi, Vicente, Lopez, Kuczhack (sp?) and Ulloa for starters. I'm guessing you believe we pay big wages as that whole stupid rumour went around that we were paying Murray £1 million a week when in reality we are only paying him 500 quid more a week than you offered.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I am so going to love a win on Sunday just to shut them up for a bit. Last year we were the form team and confident and we lost.. The boot is on the other foot this time around.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm guessing you believe we pay big wages as that whole stupid rumour went around that we were paying Murray £1 million a week
:facepalm:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I am so going to love a win on Sunday just to shut them up for a bit. Last year we were the form team and confident and we lost.. The boot is on the other foot this time around.

Yep. All the stars are perfectly aligned for this one. The greater the adversity at our end the greater the chance of a BHA result. Bring it on. Proper stadium, proper crowd, proper football. For everything else there's American Express Black.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
From Oddschecker-

Brighton 14/9
Palace 2/1
Draw 12/5

First goalscorer-
FFS 5/1
Ulloa 11/2
Dirty Dunk 40/1

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: The official Albion v Palace build-up banter and p*ss-taking thread

From Oddschecker-

Brighton 14/9
Palace 2/1
Draw 12/5

First goalscorer-
FFS 5/1
Ulloa 11/2
Dirty Dunk 40/1

Looks like an easy way to treble your money by going for a Palace win.

I always go last goalscorer as the bet is in play untl the end of the match, unless the player is subbed off.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
From the BBS:

Mark (Croydon Ad) ‏@AdvertiserSport
Holloway confirms that Wilfried Zaha has not trained this week ahead of Brighton due to a tooth problem. Hoping he's OK for Sunday. #cpfc

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
From the BBS:

Mark (Croydon Ad) ‏@AdvertiserSport
Holloway confirms that Wilfried Zaha has not trained this week ahead of Brighton due to a tooth problem. Hoping he's OK for Sunday. #cpfc

Well he was sucking his teeth a lot on saturday at the lids lids lids fans .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here