Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Albion v Palace build-up banter and p*ss-taking thread [Palace fans welcome]

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
i feel i need to add this to this thread-i am running out of time and if we lose Sunday i'm gone forever!!

I'm going for 27,767 and a performance like that versus Pompey in 1993 in the FA CUP

Against all the odds,i have even allowed for a catastrophic freak training ground accident this Friday that sees both PIG and UPSON ruled out due to clattering each other and the final "coming of age" of the Amex in terms of atmosphere,as the faithful finally see the significance of the fixture and belt out an "NON STOP BARRAGE OF NOISE FOR 90 MINUTES" (oh but we can't sing that,it sounds crap etc blah blah blah some say) and see that its all about noise noise noise-

Palace for all there bravado stroll in to town,expecting to walk away with points,and our ladies,but we show fight,passion,desire on and off the pitch,in the sea,on the sea,on the beaches,on the pier,under the pier (even the down and outs join in) in the gardens of sussex and south surrey too and beyond,the collective will to win shines through,Palace are taken aback,(it's at this stage i wish they would have a man sent off) But THAT WOULD GIVE THEM AN EXCUSE.

They are shocked,dazed confused but the onslaught (i never knew they had it in them they cry) we continue,to chase harry,harrass their every move,until the Blue and White tide breeches there defences..........Charge forward don't stop,keep going and we do,we remember they went 42 years without a league win in Sussex and yet they have won here on the last 2 occasions,damn,we are not letting them have a 3rd.

A historic win is achieved,by half time as the Albion coast against all odds into a 3-0 lead,the Palace are humiliated at full time by 5 clear goals,who would have thought it,and we get to see their FIRE DRILL too.

We get to sing those all time classic's

WE CAN SEE YOU SNEAKING OUT & BYE BYE PALACE, PALACE BYE BY

Palace will recover,and the damage to the South seats and resultant bill did not tip them into admin again.

They respected us again,for giving them a bloody nose and a few black eyes on the pitch.

We were true rivals again,without the violence,and the fixture was re born.

Faith is restored to Brighton,NSC,Sussex and beyond,Dads go to work with a smile on their faces,wives get to spend at the shops,girfriends and boyfriends have baby's every body is happy,this creates a feel good factor,and boosts the economy,we pull out of recession as jobs are created,and so the spiral goes on,the rain forests are saved,global warming ended and it all started at Brighton,why?

Because we finally awoke from our slumber and realised the importance of the day and we seized it.
UP THE ALBION

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Very persuasive, GoldWithFalmer. What respect can one have for a rival who perversely won't give you a drubbing now and then? punish:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Very persuasive, GoldWithFalmer. What respect can one have for a rival who perversely won't give you a drubbing now and then? punish:

We need to smash you out of sight,well i'd take 1-0 right now and a goal against the run of play,but win we must.

if we lose i shall mope about all summer

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
We need to smash you out of sight,well i'd take 1-0 right now and a goal against the run of play,but win we must.

if we lose i shall mope about all summer

Blimey, you really are in a bad way Gold! Calm down, there are way more important things in life to worry about, yes, it means a lot but not the be all, end all. What will you be like if we meet in the PO final and Murray got the winner?? :whistle::mad::goal:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A good result for Hull tonight and if they beat Forest on Saturday it could be a 6 point gap opening up between 3rd and 4th on Sunday afternoon.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Blimey, you really are in a bad way Gold! Calm down, there are way more important things in life to worry about, yes, it means a lot but not the be all, end all. What will you be like if we meet in the PO final and Murray got the winner?? :whistle::mad::goal:

I would love to meet in the PO final,we would have to win,losing would be unbearable whoever scored for Palace,i'm over Murray,bit like saying i wish i was with my fat overweight,now supremly fit and rich ex girlfriend,come to think of it

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
The 11 Brighton players we have on the pitch will play there hearts out.

that will make a change then in a derby game just off late

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Well here goes my optimistic prediction. We go 1 up thanks to a header from Hammond. Then FFS scores an equaliser minutes later. Then Zahahaha gets a second yellow for having a paddy and arguing to much to the ref. Then bridge will bomb down the wing pass to Orlandi who passes back to bridge who crosses it in to meet Uloa's head and in the back of the net. Then the game is sealed by a goal from a curving shot by Calderon.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Well here goes my optimistic prediction. We go 1 up thanks to a header from Hammond. Then FFS scores an equaliser minutes later. Then Zahahaha gets a second yellow for having a paddy and arguing to much to the ref. Then bridge will bomb down the wing pass to Orlandi who passes back to bridge who crosses it in to meet Uloa's head and in the back of the net. Then the game is sealed by a goal from a curving shot by Calderon.

That would just be too perfect.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Any ideas on your likely line-up?

Not sure how to call the game. You guys are decent at home an we are patchy away but we still have 3-4 very dangerous players.

Lets go 2-2.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am actually starting to think I have made a duff decision playing golf in Wales rather than missing my first palace brighton game for 30 years

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Bridge will play. Team should/I hope will look like this:

Koosh

Calderon Greer Upson Bridge

Bridcutt

David Orlandi Crofts Lua Lua

Ulloa

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Surely a couple of those will get some intensive treatment to get them on the pitch Sunday. Didn't think Bridge or Vicente were serious.

I personally think Vicente was rested last night so that he can complete 90 minutes on Sunday. Bridge has had a niggly hamstring since November and could be replaced by Calde who is also in the wars. He was barged into the advertising hoardings which are affixed to a low brick wall at Oakwell and played the 2nd half with his head bandaged up. Bruno has pulled a calf muscle and can be replaced by Spanish Dave. Adam El Thug would have got a red card on Sunday anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here