Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 98th Tour de France, thread, 2011.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Looks like I was wrong about Voeckler. He has the heart of a lion, to hold the lead group at 30 seconds on his own is absolutely phenomenal. Interesting how much the racing has changed now that EPO and blood transfusions are more difficult to get away with.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm really feeling for Tommy, he certainly has captured the hearts.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't know whether it's theITV website or the Virgin connection but the coverage is up and down more frequently than a whore's knickers. And every time it reboots, I have to sit through the same adverts ..grrr.

Come on Voeckler, hang in there

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I don't know whether it's theITV website or the Virgin connection but the coverage is up and down more frequently than a whore's knickers. And every time it reboots, I have to sit through the same adverts ..grrr.

It is ITV. I always stream Eurosport HD and ITV side by side. Eurosprt despite it's higher quality picture pretty much never fails. ITV goes haywire every twenty minutes or so, on a good day. I am on Virgin too.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Same for me. My Freeview is temperamental as well.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Most of them looked half dead. Voeckler looked completely knackered. I am not sure they will recover enough for tomorrow ?? I tip Fränk Schleck for the Alpe d'Huez stage. I would not rule out Contador like everybody seems to. He looked like he was making sure he was not completely burned out.

Not that far out a the foot of the Alpe-d’Huez. No idea who is gonna win the stage now!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Cadel really deserves the win. But I can't help but have that horrible feeling he's going to experience 2007 all over agian.

I was trying to gauge what was going to happen at the end of the OC tomorrow.

I have not done enough research, by I could see Cadel Evans taking nearly a minute off Andy Schleck and Contador taking three minutes off Andy Schleck and four minutes off Frank Schelk.

That would make it mighty close.

e.g.

Cadel Evans
Andy Scheck + 0.01
Contandor + 1.00
Frank Scheck + 1.30
Cunego + 1.31
Sanchez + 1.45
Basso + 1.46
Voeckler + 2.40

Well, I am not sure it could happen, but it might make it interesting.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does anyone else think Sanchez blew a stage victory trying to help AC?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Does anyone else think Sanchez blew a stage victory trying to help AC?

Yes, and I refer you to my earlier post about the Spanish riders and their constant helping hands for Contador. The Tour is not the Worlds so they should not be helping people just because they are of the same nationality.

Early predo for tomorrow, Andy Schleck to hold on to yellow by less than five seconds from Evans.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Thomas VOECKLER will be for me the star of the 2011 le Tour and I don't think he will make the podium. And he will probably not do any better than this year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've gone an awful lot further, and deeper into this race, this year, it's been hard, I've put it all out there, but I just can't carry on with predictions!.

Andy has to have been TT'ing all winter and most of the spring. If he hasn't he's an idiot and doesn't deserve to win.
Cadel is better.
Contador, I give up.

It's a shame not to many of the favourites here, road this:-
Critérium Du Dauphiné: Stage 3, Route Maps & Results | Cyclingnews.com

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here