Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 09/10 Season Ticket Prices

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be honest if you're a student past the age of 21 then it's your own personal choice. You've got to draw the line somewhere otherwise what's next, discounts for people on jobseekers allowance or means testing to see how much you can afford?

As has been said, £85 a month isn't that much if you haven't got kids and a mortgage, just cut back on something else or get another job.

How dare people choose to better themselves eh?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
But nobody is forced to become a medical student, it is personal choice to do that course in the first place. I'm not trying to say it's easy for students, but everyone knows that when they go to uni they're going to be skint until they finish and in debt for some time after. You've got to draw the line at some point and the easiest way is to cater for the majority, most of which will be working at 21/22.

I disagree - surely the line should be drawn at students/not students. Age is irrelevent, someone under 21 could potentially be on 30k upwards, whereas a mature student could well be struggling financially.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What no three year tickets then? ???

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I disagree - surely the line should be drawn at students/not students. Age is irrelevent, someone under 21 could potentially be on 30k upwards, whereas a mature student could well be struggling financially.

agree 100%

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

I'd be happy for that to happen. I'm not saying it isn't the fairest way of doing things because it clearly is. I'm just saying that it would be much harder to implement than a simple age related system. I think it would be more open to abuse as well.

The other thing the club needs take into account is how many student tickets actually get sold. I'd guess that it's a pretty minute proportion of our current demographic at The Withdean. What would be the point of such a scheme if the only people that use it or even fall into that category are the few that are already complaining about it on here.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Perhaps it would have been worth raising the U21 bracket to U23. That way it really is your choice if you want to study past that age, and it still should include most Uni students who are unlikely to be able to pay full whack.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The new fangled ticketing thing won't let me in, blah.

I had the same problem, gave up after 15 minutes and renewed over the phone. I think all of those zeros at the beginning of my membership number was to blame because after renewing I got an email confirmation, including membership number and all the leading zeros had been left off.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Fair points, and yes obviously i'm disappointed i won't be able to get a ticket next year, but what adds to the frustration is the massive amount of students in brighton who could fill the ground now, but won't because the club are choosing to ignore them presumably until falmer. A friend asked me how much it would cost him to go to a game next season and thought i was joking when i gave him the £24 figure. Also, i'm doing a four year course, i didn't gap year, so your comment that 22 year olds should work seems odd as many courses are 4 years.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Fair points, and yes obviously i'm disappointed i won't be able to get a ticket next year, but what adds to the frustration is the massive amount of students in brighton who could fill the ground now, but won't because the club are choosing to ignore them presumably until falmer. A friend asked me how much it would cost him to go to a game next season and thought i was joking when i gave him the £24 figure. Also, i'm doing a four year course, i didn't gap year, so your comment that 22 year olds should work seems odd as many courses are 4 years.

I reckon Ken Brown may bow to public pressure if the season ticket renewals dont take off in the next 20 days (early bird cut off date)

But by that point the ealry bird prices would have gone up to normal rates, meaning it would cost more than it would have if you were allowed to buy one before 11th June

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here