Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Obese, Drunks and Junkies

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Your pomposity and arrogance means any shred of sense in your posts worth debating is lost.

To declare I take no responsibility for my fellow man given your reading of a handful of my posts on an internet chat forum is both plain ignorant and arrogant in equal measure.

You have revealed yourself, all your posts are full of hate and contempt. You have really scraped the barrel and attacked the most desperate in our society. And now you are shirking responsibility, once again, by saying I'm arrogant. You're a disgrace!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
You have revealed yourself, all your posts are full of hate and contempt. You have really scraped the barrel and attacked the most desperate in our society. And now you are shirking responsibility, once again, by saying I'm arrogant. You're a disgrace!

You are odd!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Im getting the idea that you have been in the same boat as these retards?Lets face it many of us have had bloody tough times but most of us bounce back and work harder to reach our goals in life.

Most of these drunks have become drunks because of bordom while not working,shame we can't cull humans:angry:

You're all heart aren't you ? Did I say I condone their behaviour ? No you moron I am merely making the point for the umpteenth time that withdrawing their benefits will not change a thing, in fact it will things worse as many will turn to crime to fund their habit. Its worth noting that in fact the weekly JSA or ESA would not pay for the average addict's habit for one day anyway. I suppose your solution is to lock them all up, will that save money ? Of course it won't.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'd far rather have aussies/kiwis/canadians here than people from the EU.

That is academic though, if we are talking about practical ways of creating jobs stop allowing people to work here who's home country does not do the same is one. Australia, New Zealand and Canada do not have any matching reciprocal agreement for British nationals to work in their countries, on paper the EEC does, we all know that at the end of the day they have fewer jobs than we do more often or not but as we are part of the EEC we can do nothing about it..

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
That's a fairly typical response from somebody who doesn't have much idea. QUOTE]

Is that a fact. I am pleased you know me well enough to make such a judgement...arrogant prick.

I stand by what I said. And as for the bullshit about 'I hope your never in that position' blah blah blah, I would do any job to earn money rather than let others support me. Even if it paid less than what the government would give me in benefits.

Not sure the argument about what are people supposed to do holds up because plenty of EU workers don't seem to have a problem getting a job even if they are not that well paid or god forbid unsociable hours!

If you really want work you can get it, it may not be the type of job you want but tough shit, don't let others pay your way. You can carry on looking for better jobs, whilst working as well as whilst sitting watching daytime tv you know.

Actually I don't know you and frankly I'm glad that I don't have to associate with such an ignorant fool like you. I wonder what you do for a living, I have asked this before but what would you do if you were made redundant ?

Congratulations on posting possibly the most stupid comments that I have seen on here in years.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

I wouldn't say that tedebear's comments are full of hate it's just like so many others they see all issues and black or white wereas people like me who work with social workers and the NHS have a bit more insight into the situation. It's all too easy to be smug when you are not unemployed. This nonsense about 'jobs being out there' is just that, rather that take the views of the tabloid press why not ask somebody who knows, like a Job Centre employee. This strange fixation that some people have of there being legions of ditch digging or window washing of street sweeping roles being there for the unemployed just shows how little some people know. Some of the comments on here are just so ill informed that even the Daily Mail wouldn't use them.

It's true that drug addicts get that way through deliberate misuse, alcoholics, gamblers and over eaters can be judged the same. However no matter how hard I try to get the point across taking their benefits away is not the solution. The fact that there not enough treatment centres for these problems is just one problem, it's a fact of life.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I wouldn't say that tedebear's comments are full of hate it's just like so many others they see all issues and black or white wereas people like me who work with social workers and the NHS have a bit more insight into the situation. It's all too easy to be smug when you are not unemployed. This nonsense about 'jobs being out there' is just that, rather that take the views of the tabloid press why not ask somebody who knows, like a Job Centre employee. This strange fixation that some people have of there being legions of ditch digging or window washing of street sweeping roles being there for the unemployed just shows how little some people know. Some of the comments on here are just so ill informed that even the Daily Mail wouldn't use them.

It's true that drug addicts get that way through deliberate misuse, alcoholics, gamblers and over eaters can be judged the same. However no matter how hard I try to get the point across taking their benefits away is not the solution. The fact that there not enough treatment centres for these problems is just one problem, it's a fact of life.

You put yourself across well, and it must be due to your first hand experience. You know how things really are because you'e on the front line, whereas, people who are ignorant to this trust gutter press to be a valid source of information. They do not realise that it is heavily manipulated information, magnified to the extent people who read it believe it. Whether tedebear's comments are full of hate or not, I'm not sure, possibly not. But they are ill informed views, obtained from some gutter media and they are views of someone who definitely hasn't experience of this segment of society. Like you I have work in similar fields of prisons and probation, NHS, Mental Health.

And yes, drug addicts/alcoholics do inflict it on themselves, but some on here think they can just 'snap out of it' and get a job and return to normal. If only it were that simply and 'black and white'. David Cameron is incredibly irresponsible and short sighted in his comments, he's had the best education so he knows what he is saying is nonsense. He only says it because he knows the sheep public will lap it up and he's got them eating out of his hand.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You put yourself across well, and it must be due to your first hand experience. You know how things really are because you'e on the front line, whereas, people who are ignorant to this trust gutter press to be a valid source of information. They do not realise that it is heavily manipulated information, magnified to the extent people who read it believe it. Whether tedebear's comments are full of hate or not, I'm not sure, possibly not. But they are ill informed views, obtained from some gutter media and they are views of someone who definitely hasn't experience of this segment of society. Like you I have work in similar fields of prisons and probation, NHS, Mental Health.

And yes, drug addicts/alcoholics do inflict it on themselves, but some on here think they can just 'snap out of it' and get a job and return to normal. If only it were that simply and 'black and white'. David Cameron is incredibly irresponsible and short sighted in his comments, he's had the best education so he knows what he is saying is nonsense. He only says it because he knows the sheep public will lap it up and he's got them eating out of his hand.

I think the point that some people here are missing is that we all realise that most of the people targeted are architects of their own downfall. However this 'pull your self together' mentality shows a general ignorance of what is required. This business of mandatory medical checks carried out by medically untrained staff (the guy who conducted mine had no medical experience, I asked him at the time) is just another bit of government spin in the 'Oh look we're getting slackers back to work' variety. What will happen is that people will come off ESA and go onto JSA, same difference, they'll still be entitled to Housing Benefit and Council Tax benefit along with free perscriptions and dental care. It doesn't change anything does it ? The only people to benefit will be the OIP (Only Interested in Pension) Civil Servants for make a living dreaming up and then supporting these futile schemes.

Taken to it's fullest degree there may be openings in the Prison Service it's just a shame that this government wants to cut back on Public Services like the Police at a time when there could well be even more of them needed, Nice one.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
? What about more realistic training programs ? I wasted a year getting an HNC which has served no real purpose. I could have done an MCSE in a fraction of that time and a fraction of the cost but no government is prepared to give money directly to Microsoft despite the fact they themselves extensively use their products.

Retraining in this country is a joke, we get what the government thinks we need and not what commerce needs. It's happy to get people to university even if the student never gets a job using their degree. As long as they pay back what their education costs. Of course whilst they are in full time they are not unemployed so that will massage the figures.

This.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Let me guess, your job doesn't?
No , but it does involve getting up at 5:30 in the morning, so my sympathy is somewhat limited, nobody is against a compassionate society where those in genuine need of help get it, but the workforce in this country have had the piss taken out of them for far too long, whether its the drug addict or alcoholic, most of whom have were playing the system long before they became drug or alcohol "dependent",or the tosspot in the cushy job running a "drop in centre", a bloke i grew up with is always being sent for interviews by the job centre, half way through he will lean forward and in a conspiratorial tone , ask the interviewer "any fiddles?" admiittedly this one makes me chuckle, but its not funny really is it ? or my 2nd cousin who was on DISABILITY benefit due to dyslexia, didnt stop her boasting on facebook how she had been up all night on the xbox etc and was going to have to sleep all day, she's never worked in her life , has now had a kid , and is still on benefits,people are sick of sponsoring benefits as a lifestyle choice.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
tally ho, good job Dave, bout time these lazy working class layabouts got orf their skinny arses and did some below minimum wage work. Us mega rich aristocrats are utterly fed up with paying no tax and seeing it all wasted on the working class, anyone would think this countries wealth was created by them, not us, erm, well i know they actually made the wealth but we told them what to do, ok, we didnt actually tell them what to do but we did tell other people to tell them, so that means every thing belongs to us, well, thats what they told us at eaton!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here