Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The NSC 'Words with Friends' Super League - Player Registration

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And me, presumably, seeing as you have ignored my day old request for a game!

Ain't been on WwF in a while. Sorry darling, I'll accept in ein biBchen.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've just had someone (not an NSCer) play Wanigan against me. They messaged me to say they were stuck so looked and found it in the dictionary - it's something to do with a lumberjack. I asked if that was cheating. They replied it keeps the game moving.

They then played 'Trop' on a TW with the P on a TL for a score of 60 something. Trop?!?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've just had someone (not an NSCer) play Wanigan against me. They messaged me to say they were stuck so looked and found it in the dictionary - it's something to do with a lumberjack. I asked if that was cheating. They replied it keeps the game moving.

They then played 'Trop' on a TW with the P on a TL for a score of 60 something. Trop?!?

The problem is sometimes if you're stuck...you are tempted to just try things...because WwF dictionary does seem to have a LOT of non-words in it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The problem is sometimes if you're stuck...you are tempted to just try things...because WwF dictionary does seem to have a LOT of non-words in it.

Sure - I try things. But I can't believe many people would randomly just try Wanigan. And they admitted to looking in a dictionary.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sure - I try things. But I can't believe many people would randomly just try Wanigan. And they admitted to looking in a dictionary.
Too f***ing right you do.

TI??
AE??

Christ on a bike, it's like ti for is os ae and qi! [/bozza]

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Biscuit has given me a few words I never knew existed. Matza, Quaigh, Entia and Jehus - probably should have known the last one. I need to expand me vocab. Jehus scored Biscuit a cool 111 points!

Groups being drawn this afternoon!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Biscuit has given me a few words I never knew existed. Matza, Quaigh, Entia and Jehus - probably should have known the last one.

Groups being drawn this afternoon!

I have to be honest, I'd call 'cheat' on that too. My vocabulary is pretty good I think and I've played enough WwF games to have many weird and wonderful additions, but those words above, particularly the first 2 with high value letters, would have me questioning my opponent.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I have to be honest, I'd call 'cheat' on that too. My vocabulary is pretty good I think and I've played enough WwF games to have many weird and wonderful additions, but those words above, particularly the first 2 with high value letters, would have me questioning my opponent.

I refute that! I just got lucky. I didn't have a clue and put words that looked nice. Very lucky with Matza! I've also put some bloody rubbish words down!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was PARTICULARLY aggrieved to have "zulu" turned down in one game, which would have given me something north of 60. I mean REALLY.

WWF is great, but Wordsmith on Android separates the men from the boys. You get 3 goes to make a word, fail and the turn passes to your opponent. None of this attempting-random-words-till-something-fits bollocks that WWF indulges.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Was gutted not to be allowed QATAR, as it was gonna give me a HUGE score.

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
I'm getting well f***ed off with this game at the moment.

11 games and virtually all vowels in most of them. I'm getting royaly screwed over.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But that's a proper noun! You're not even allowed "Jew", which I was rather pissed off about.

Yeah but it allows all kinds of bollocks, at least it's a proper WORD.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
JUNE is'nt allowed, thats one I dont understand...Scrabble rules are confusing!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was PARTICULARLY aggrieved to have "zulu" turned down in one game, which would have given me something north of 60. I mean REALLY.

WWF is great, but Wordsmith on Android separates the men from the boys. You get 3 goes to make a word, fail and the turn passes to your opponent. None of this attempting-random-words-till-something-fits bollocks that WWF indulges.

Zulu and co are near the top of my list of annoyances.

I like the sound of that Wordsmith, but not sure it will stop the dictionary cheats who just bosh out some random word at the first time of asking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here