Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The NSC 'up all night' election night *** OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD ***

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I was quite enthused to see Rory Stewart and Alistair Campbell on C4, as I rather like their podcast, and then I saw Widdecombe and Dorries appear.

It's like hearing Ally McCoist on co-comms and then realising Matterface is the commentator and Danny Murphy is doing the half time analysis.
Need a bit of comedy and light relief amongst all the serious talk.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The brexit poll is 2016 called leave at 10 pm no one could quite believe it Paddy Ashdown went into a meltdown rubbishing it, turned out true

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Anyone slightly nervous/excited?

Interesting that the Labour vote seems to have dipped dramatically over the last few days. Tactical voting? Starmer's comments about not rejoining the EU? Are the Tories going to do worse/better than expected? Could the Lib Dems form the official opposition? Reform have put the cat amongst the proverbial pigeons and with their bot-enabled social media campaign I wouldn't be surprised if they do a lot better than predicted.

Overall, apart from the obvious large Labour majority, there's quite a lot still up in the air.

If so, could there be any other possible reason?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I was quite enthused to see Rory Stewart and Alistair Campbell on C4, as I rather like their podcast, and then I saw Widdecombe and Dorries appear.

It's like hearing Ally McCoist on co-comms and then realising Matterface is the commentator and Danny Murphy is doing the half time analysis.

Getting the chuckle sisters on at the last minute is pure genius :bowdown:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I hope Farage wins as at least he makes dullard politics more interesting

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dorries looks decidedly unhinged!

Perhaps on her 2nd bottle of Vodka?

She absolutely hates Sunak and blames him for dethroning the who man she dreams of every night.
I have your bingo card ready for Blyth and Sunderland....

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
410 labour 131 cons 61 ld

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The Liz Truss thread was about my own constituency MP, and my personal involvement in the campaign in my constituency, it’s not a general thread about the election so it seems harsh to lock it and prevent me posting feedback on it?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here