Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The NSC 'up all night' election night *** OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD ***

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh, we're back to the doggies again. Ah, no. Five minutes of Larry the Cat.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Might stay up till 2 am the early results will tell a lot and the trend the exit poll at 10 pm will be interesting I think Labour 39 percent Conservatives 24 percent rest 37 percent. I think the exit poll news will be how well the tories did, considering

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No news on the exit polls yet- presumably we're waiting for Fabrizio Romano to Here We Go the results.

Seeing as Bozza has closed the queuing thread, I will add on here that I had about 40-50 people waiting in front of me in Haywards Heath at about 6:30pm. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of youngsters lining up (late teens, I mean). Commendable.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Anyone slightly nervous/excited?

Interesting that the Labour vote seems to have dipped dramatically over the last few days. Tactical voting? Starmer's comments about not rejoining the EU? Are the Tories going to do worse/better than expected? Could the Lib Dems form the official opposition? Reform have put the cat amongst the proverbial pigeons and with their bot-enabled social media campaign I wouldn't be surprised if they win more seats than predicted.

Overall, apart from the obvious large Labour majority, there's quite a lot still up in the air.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just voted. The ID check was farcical. Handed my driving licence to bloke on one desk who checked the photo was me, then went to a separate desk to get my voting card where they didn’t bother cross checking whether the name/address I gave them was the same as the name on my ID 🤷‍♂️

Anyone else have same experience? Seems utterly pointless to require ID if they’re not actually checking the names on your ID against the polling card.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was quite enthused to see Rory Stewart and Alistair Campbell on C4, as I rather like their podcast, and then I saw Widdecombe and Dorries appear.

It's like hearing Ally McCoist on co-comms and then realising Matterface is the commentator and Danny Murphy is doing the half time analysis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here