clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He's another one from before the game

_45319006_2643090.jpg

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Following the ' Campaign to rid this board of infantile nicknames for other clubs.' thread it seemed clear to me that there are far too many of the NSC Mafia too stuck up their own arse with their over inflated opinions of what should and should not be said on here.

Some of the Holier than thou attitudes are somewhat F****** hideous quite frankly, getting on your high horses from anything from fixtures all the way up to bullying a new member into almost instant submission just because the NSC mafia decides that anything is fair game if you are not saying what they like to read.

Discussing subject matters and debating them is one thing, however, some of the replies on some matters are nothing short of pure vile arrogance designed to massage your ego's into a self worth that actually does not even exist in reality.

Hear Hear, whilst I almost squabble with yourself AvS all the time, this is of course a board for debating matters. Despite our spats and long may they continue you were one of the first to come on here before Christmas when I mentioned my grandson (pleased to say now fully recovered and you wouldn't think anything had happened to him - perhaps there is a lesson there to be learnt). But I've been noticing lately when people are coming on this board, they appear to start with an apology before making their point. I think its time the mods should perhaps inform the ones that constantly shoot down posters that that was not the reason why this board was set-up.

I've been visiting this board pretty much since it started only recently posting as I am currently recovering from an illness myself. Within the next few months I shall be returning to my career and will give the board an occasional visit from time to time as I previously did. If not dealt with I foresee another board replacing NSC. The ones who seem to do the shooting down are typically the ones who turn up at games with their user names on the back of their shirts or as another poster mentioned on here not so long ago introduce themselves to each other when meeting by their user names. They know who they are, look in a mirror and get a life.......So sorry if I've upset anyone

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
QUOTE=Bry Nylon;3888991]i) You (and that gimp from Turkey, Sully thingymebob) seem to take things far, far too seriously. Are you still wound up about it now - 24 hours later? Really? Are you outside my house with a sniper rifle?

ii) 1700+ posts since Sept 2010 suggests you have social issues. Try to get out and meet people.[/QUOTE]

Gimp??* Hahahaha... Bry hoisted by your onw petard perhaps... when you fish expect to get fished too!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:[

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
this is of course a board for debating matters.

Is it?

I think its time the mods should perhaps inform the ones that constantly shoot down posters that that was not the reason why this board was set-up.

No chance.

If not dealt with I foresee another board replacing NSC.

They already exist.

The ones who seem to do the shooting down are typically the ones who turn up at games with their user names on the back of their shirts or as another poster mentioned on here not so long ago introduce themselves to each other when meeting by their user names. They know who they are, look in a mirror and get a life.......So sorry if I've upset anyone

I think that is a sweeping generalisation.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Hear Hear, whilst I almost squabble with yourself AvS all the time, this is of course a board for debating matters. Despite our spats and long may they continue you were one of the first to come on here before Christmas when I mentioned my grandson (pleased to say now fully recovered and you wouldn't think anything had happened to him - perhaps there is a lesson there to be learnt). But I've been noticing lately when people are coming on this board, they appear to start with an apology before making their point. I think its time the mods should perhaps inform the ones that constantly shoot down posters that that was not the reason why this board was set-up.

I've been visiting this board pretty much since it started only recently posting as I am currently recovering from an illness myself. Within the next few months I shall be returning to my career and will give the board an occasional visit from time to time as I previously did. If not dealt with I foresee another board replacing NSC. The ones who seem to do the shooting down are typically the ones who turn up at games with their user names on the back of their shirts or as another poster mentioned on here not so long ago introduce themselves to each other when meeting by their user names. They know who they are, look in a mirror and get a life.......So sorry if I've upset anyone

If one poster put's his or her point of view / opinion across, there is no harm in another poster putting theirs across either, in doing that you will almost inevitably, in the space of a few posts start of a debate, just like in a face to face debate it will end up in people saying things like "I'm sorry but I think you are wrong" ok i have done a mild example, as we all see ofton the replies are a lot stronger.
But in my opinion I really do 100% believe that the reason why NSC is so successfull is because the mods do allow the debate to flow (in most cases) but in all fairness to ourselves, we do stop threads if they get to a pure slanging match.
As for your comment "I think its time the mods should perhaps inform the ones that constantly shoot down posters" I, and I know other mods do this, send private messages to anyone that is starting to go over the top and get to insult stage, obviously if it goes to far short bans are implemented, I personally have started removing stupid comments and the like and sending what i call "Friendly Advice" to the poster, that way it reduces bans but also helps with the flow of the board.
Really pleased your Grandson is fully recovered and I hope your illness is soon over :thumbsup:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
there is definitely a CLIQUE on here , without doubt..........a hard-core few who seem to take immense pleasure in using their perceived superior wit to belittle and ridicule other posters, a couple of years ago you could come on here and have quite a giggle...the posh spice is a slapper thread being a prime example , there appears to be a distinct lack of humour and mirth on this board at the present,f*** knows why considerring what is happening on the pitch and in the ashes, i use this board to get the inside news on the albion, let's face it someone on here always seems to be 48 hours ahead of the argus and bbc...........too many pedantic ***** around at the moment,hows about a bit of humour...FFS

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
there is definitely a CLIQUE on here , without doubt..........a hard-core few who seem to take immense pleasure in using their perceived superior wit to belittle and ridicule other posters, a couple of years ago you could come on here and have quite a giggle...the posh spice is a slapper thread being a prime example , there appears to be a distinct lack of humour and mirth on this board at the present,f*** knows why considerring what is happening on the pitch and in the ashes, i use this board to get the inside news on the albion, let's face it someone on here always seems to be 48 hours ahead of the argus and bbc...........too many pedantic ***** around at the moment,hows about a bit of humour...FFS

What sort of humour do you mean? personally i think there is a steady flow of NSC wit and humour, please explain when you say a few years ago you could have a giggle, why cant you do that now?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
like i said , the posh spice is a slapper was a prime example.....when people post a joke these days they are more likely to get a string of 2/10 posts and a couple of :tosser:'s to boot.........don't want anyone to take it personally,just an observation.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
What sort of humour do you mean? personally i think there is a steady flow of NSC wit and humour, please explain when you say a few years ago you could have a giggle, why cant you do that now?

This. Always has been and hope always will be very clever and funny nuggets on NSC every day. Of course, there will also therefore be idiotic and spiteful pettiness every day too. Doesn't seem any different to me from all those years ago.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Judging by the feact that we have had less flounces in recent years I think it well ahve actually imporved. We used to ahev MAJOR slanging matches a few years ago.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
this is a fantastic board no doubt, and Bozza deserves a medal for not only keeping it going but up-grading and improving it. there are some funny fuckers on here agreed , there are also a few spiteful twatts but that's life i guess......all the best for the year ahead and here's to a legendary striker landing at withdean in the coming weeks.:thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The way I see it, anyone with a post count over 9k should be taken round the back of the nearest Toys R Us and dispatched with a coup de grace to the nape of the neck.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Can I be in the mafia, please? Or am I already in it? Can I start my own Honey Badger Mafia?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
A v S There is a rumour that the mafiosi have contracted a "shooter" from a rival firm(Crystal Palace) to take you out - what would you prefer Pizza or Chinese?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here