Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Noughties' are fast drawing to a close...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
...what stands out for you in this decade?

Obviously the world is a very different place. Seemingly safe countries such as America and England were worrying about Y2K bugs in the late 90s, but then faced life changing atrocities in the form of 9/11 and 7/7.

Post 2000 saw the rise and fall of Brighton & Hove Albion, Sussex dominating the cricket scene and England teams winning the Ashes twice and scooping the Rugby World Cup. Our athletes excelled on the international stage.

Music changed irrevocably. Celebrity obsession hit a new level and we wasted an entire decade sitting in the rain at Withdean.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Jesus, where has it all gone? The millennium NYE celebrations still seem like yesterday, as does the Chesterfield title winning game under Micky
Adams.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
this decades mirrors the 70's, hopefully the next ones like the 80's.

What, with bad hair and numerous large scale disasters involving the death of many people?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
footballing terms= [yt]zODwiDgm1sA&feature=related[/yt]

life in general terms = [yt]_UQtHi5beGg&NR=1[/yt]

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It really has been a bad decade, the worst in my living memory. Music has been terrible on the whole, Z list Celebrity and reality dross has ruled the media, state sponsored fear war and paranoia, and a stonking recession to finish it all off.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Prolly... the best bit of 2000-2009... would have to be... Brighton vs Man City. A small taste of where we can be in a few very good years.

The Rise of BHA was a little bit before my memory, don't remember the Div 3 days, remember none of the first promo, but i do remember little of the relegation, and i definatly remember the second promotion, and the two seasons in teh top of FL and subsequent relegation. My main memory has been BHA's stagnation in the 3rd tier of leage football. So Man City has been it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think it's been a good decade. Here's 10 reasons why:

1. Sussex have dominated cricket's county scene.
2. The Albion have had 3 promotions
3. 2 Ashes wins in the second half of the decade
4. Our best ever Olympic Games
5. Rugby World Cup win
6. Getting Falmer approved
7. The explosion of the internet
8. China entering the consumer market
9. The expansion of the EU
10. A 'Tory-free' decade.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Forgive my pedantry, but doesn’t the present decade end in 2010 and the next one begin in 2011, in the same way that the end of the first decile is the number 10, the end of the second 20, etc?

On 31st December, 1999, I kept telling people that 2000 marked the end of the present decade/century/millennium, rather than the start of the next, but nobody took any notice.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
On 31st December, 1999, I kept telling people that 2000 marked the end of the present decade/century/millennium, rather than the start of the next, but nobody took any notice.

You must have been the life and soul.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Forgive my pedantry, but doesn’t the present decade end in 2010 and the next one begin in 2011, in the same way that the end of the first decile is the number 10, the end of the second 20, etc?

Your names not Clive by any chance ?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Globally - I'm afraid I will remember it for the terrorist attrocities and the stupid wars we entered into afterwards seemingly because America needing to flex their muscles in response to 9/11.

Personally - it's the decade my two wonderful kids came along. So, the noughties will ALWAYS be incredibly special to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here