Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Noughties' are fast drawing to a close...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
9/11, and the boxing day tsunami, can't think of two bigger SHOCKWAVES to hit the world this decade than those two events. Other than maybe Jade Goody snuffing it.

I agree totally with that, just don't agree it had the same impact as WW1 or anywhere near.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
9/11, and the boxing day tsunami, can't think of two bigger SHOCKWAVES to hit the world this decade than those two events.

Ahem I think you might forgetting something...the demise of a certain much-missed grey racehorse...?

We only have a decimal system because of counting on our hands. 12 would be more logical as it divides more easily.

We used to be a base 12 currency and it was rubbish. Really difficult to use and account in. Sixpences, threepenny bits, half crowns, farthings etc. made no sense at all

Going to a currency based on 1234567890 is logical, easer to count in.

Pre decimal our record transfer was about £2000
Post decimal it is £1,500,000

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Did it? Don't think it did.

War in Iraq and Afghanistan, terrorist attacks in London, Madrid and elsewhere, new government laws to combat terrorism but intrude on civil liberties, increased Islamophobia, etc. all major issues of the decade that can be traced back to 9/11.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Islamophobia

What word have you lefties come up with for foreign Islamic types who have an illogical and uninformed hatred of the secular west? You know, a "phobia" that's so all-consuming that some of them feel they have to fly a full passenger jet into a tall building in a downtown megapolis during rush hour?

I'd be interested to know what this term is, if in fact it does actually exist

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
What word have you lefties come up with for foreign Islamic types who have an illogical and uninformed hatred of the secular west? You know, a "phobia" that's so all-consuming that some of them feel they have to fly a full passenger jet into a tall building in a downtown megapolis during rush hour?

I'm not a lefty dickhead.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the noughties brought us US Film Review threads....I don't think anyone or anything can top that

:smokin:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

eh? "Terrorist" at a guess?

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
nude_celebrity_0.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here