Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Norman Baker Phone In thread

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I personally thought Baker didn;t even break into a sweat. No one put him on the spot and he walked it. I was dying for Ed Bassford to come on and own him but alas it was not to be. Baker just spread more of his lies and scaremongering and no one pulled him ip. Nothing that was said registered into his dormany brain cells and frankly it was a bit of a waste of time on bothsides. Our callers did well but it is like trying to teach a 1 year old to read war and peace explainings to Baker. I will not change my mind Baker is an utter c*nt and want to destroy the club. He wants the club to prosper :lolol: .

Perry and Baker will never get together, whats the point, Baker is so entenched in his ill informed views only a slap in the face with a kipper would make him think.

Sorry guys nice idea but ultimate it changed no views on either side.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Baker - 500 fans at the demo , more lies you c*nt. Do you ever stop ???

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Well done Harty on arranging this event

I thought it was a good debate and NB spoke pretty well. Many of the callers who tried to put him on the spot got side tracked or raised circular points

Also MP was good and put the wider stadium case across with passion.

Whilst this planning lark will run and run I thought that Harty did a service by getting them to agree to meet.

I am not naive and realise that they won't kiss and make up but maybe jaw jaw is better than war war

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
The Complete Badger said:
So Harty, why are you taking a break? It's only October - are you the Paul Kitson of the phone-in world? I realise it's pretty painful watching the Albion, but I would have thought a long-standing fan like you could have stuck it out a bit longer:)

A number of reasons, but first and foremost due to both my 'day' job and my BBC duties I feel aspects of my family life have been neglected, something which certainly needs to be sorted out.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Harty is " the apprentice " Dave the Gaffer taking over the reins then ???

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Direct question on how to get to Sheep Cote Valley to Baker " er I would drive and park and walk a long way " tosser.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Uncle Spielberg said:

I wouldnt have thought so. The BBC have a few people they can call upon. I would love to do it, but I have no experience of doing anything like this apart from sitting next to Harty.

I think it a shame he is takinga sabatical as I think the majority of people do like his abrasive nature - some dont...obviously and the comments on here this last week or two have proved that.

If I can get on as guest interrupter evry now and again that would be great.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Uncle Spielberg said:

:thud:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why the thud

I give odds on DTG as 4/7

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Dave the Gaffer said:
I wouldnt have thought so. The BBC have a few people they can call upon. I would love to do it, but I have no experience of doing anything like this apart from sitting next to Harty.

I think it a shame he is takinga sabatical as I think the majority of people do like his abrasive nature - some dont...obviously and the comments on here this last week or two have proved that.

If I can get on as guest interrupter evry now and again that would be great.

One of the reasons I like Harty is that he is the HOWARD STERN of the south coast. That inevitably involves giving and taking a bit of stick, but better to have an opinion and be criticised for it than be a wet blanket about everything. I am sure he will be back with a bang once he is rested.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Uncle Spielberg said:
I give odds on DTG as 4/7

That's killed any remote chance he had then :lolol:

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Uncle Spielberg said:
Why the thud

Because it is amateurish enough already with Harty's efforts without resorting to Dave the Gopher (Dave, run along and fetch Martin Perry for me... there's a good lad!!)

It needs a tried and tested radio presenter... someone like Joanne Goode :love:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Krusty

Do you realise Dave is a very big strong man with a violent tendency ???

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Krusty said:
Because it is amateurish enough already with Harty's efforts without resorting to Dave the Gopher (Dave, run along and fetch Martin Perry for me... there's a good lad!!)

It needs a tried and tested radio presenter... someone like Joanne Goode :love:

Well I thought it was a brilliant phone in today and credit to Harty for organising Baker to be on it and giving him a grilling from the off. Frim but fair! Top job Harty.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Krusty said:
[BIt needs a tried and tested radio presenter... someone like Joanne Goode :love: [/B]

You can't possibly be serious she was one of the worst presenters on SCR. I would sooner have John Byrne or Mike Ward and that is saying something.

The only complaint about to day's program was the fact that both Norman Baker and Martin Perry have harped on about this hotel viability study but when opposed to each other neither of them raised the point for clarification.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here