Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Norman Baker Phone In thread

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Fair point El Pres, but he's never been afraid to speak his mind even if it pisses people off at the club.

Last edited:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Harty said:
Fair point El Pres, but he's never been afraid to speak his mind even if it pisses people at the club.

Well played Harty,and indeed everyone,no stupid comments were made and all callers had very valid points:clap: :clap: :clap:

And we managed to get SCR on in the car for the first time in a year!:clap: :clap: :clap:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
bobbyzam said:
it comes to something when the callers are far superior to your own chief executive. Perry came across as a complete and utter twat. Talking about completely irrelevant points and making Baker sound good. As much as I despise Baker he actually put his argument across well.

Have to agree with this. Fair play to Baker for coming on and putting forward his views when he knew he would be there as some kind of 'pinata' for Albion fans to have a shot at. I'm not convinced that Perry is actually helping our cause these days as he seems incapable of putting forward the case for Falmer without turning any discussion into a rant.

Listening to the pair of them today, if I had to trust one of them it would be Baker over Perry - that just shows how badly I think Perry is handling this.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The Complete Badger said:
Noone involved with the club please - if you want to read Adolf Knight's propaganda then buy the programme or read the website.

Pathetic, truly pathetic

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Harty said:
Fair point El Pres, but he's never been afraid to speak his mind even if it pisses people at the club.

I agree, but that has never stopped people criticising Attila, Paul Samrah, even Lord B etc from being club lackeys, even though they are not part of the official establishment.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
....Anyone involved with the club is obviously not going to criticise, moan, or lay blame...

I think you've just proved the point he was making. Referring to the man who saved our club as Adolf is a bit strong mate.

Yes, times are hard but Dick is trying his best like all of us. He doesn't always get it right and we don't all agree with his decisions......but Adolf? :nono: and :nono: and :nono: again

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
thedonkeycentrehalf said:
I'm not convinced that Perry is actually helping our cause these days as he seems incapable of putting forward the case for Falmer without turning any discussion into a rant.

Listening to the pair of them today, if I had to trust one of them it would be Baker over Perry - that just shows how badly I think Perry is handling this.

I haven't listened to it as I live about 6 trillion miles away, but having seen some of the recent press statements from the club I agree he has lost it a bit at times.

But I have some sympathy for Perry. If this was your job wouldn't you too be wound up to buggery by all the lies and misinformation spread by that lying cvnt Baker and LDC? He's lived with this day to day for several years now.

I think he is excused being off his chump a bit at the moment.

Oh and by the way I have never met Martin Perry, I am not nor ever have been employed by the club and no-one associated with it has ever bought me a pie (the tight bastards!).

Noone involved with the club please - if you want to read Adolf Knight's propaganda then buy the programme or read the website.

That a call for Leroy to take over then? :p

Seriously, Simon Levenson does a great job on SCR and would be very good with DtG chipping in.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Just listened again to the phone-in. What a liar Baker is.

Says that he goes with his conscience and not necessarily what's popular and then later says that he is merely representing the views of his constituents. Which is it Norman?

Secondly, does his constituency start and end in Falmer?

I bet we can find as many constituents that are desperate for Falmer to be chosen.

Grrrr......trying to come across as the voice of reason. Absolute rubbish.

I'm in an odd position, here, since I have a pretty good idea who will be taking over from Harty in the short-term. I guess I shouldn't say who - because it's not for me to make the announcement - so I'll confine myself to advising folk not to pay too much attention to Uncle Spielberg's betting tips.

But you knew that anyway.

:)

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Dave the Gaffer said:
I have no problem with M ward apart from this.....his comments about our dislike of Palace being pathetic ( were you there at the 1-0 last year?) and also his comments in the program about some of our chants.

...perhaps I do have a problem with him

Well if he thinks my dislike of Palace is pathetic then I have a major problem with the Johnny Cum Lately.

He can f*** off to put it mildly! :salute:

Harty said:
A number of reasons, but first and foremost due to both my 'day' job and my BBC duties I feel aspects of my family life have been neglected, something which certainly needs to be sorted out.

Well good luck with that - can I just say that, tuning in a half-time to hear the scores, I heard you leave us with a vintage Hartyism which made me smile.

After you delivered a dire warning that swearing would not be tolerated on the phone-in for Baker, you then said: "Right, let's discuss the Johnstone Pisspot Trophy" :lolol: :clap2: :clap2: :lol:

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
London Irish said:
Well good luck with that - can I just say that, tuning in a half-time to hear the scores, I heard you leave us with a vintage Hartyism which made me smile.

After you delivered a dire warning that swearing would not be tolerated on the phone-in for Baker, you then said: "Right, let's discuss the Johnstone Pisspot Trophy" :lolol: :clap2: :clap2: :lol:

Classic! :clap:

Zesh Rehman 34 said:
i missed it all, can someone give me a bit of info of what happened ?

Try reading this thread :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Zesh Rehman 34 said:
i missed it all, can someone give me a bit of info of what happened ?

Go to the operation Bakerloo thread and get the mp3 of the phone-in.

Mind you, in a nutshell, Baker was as slippery as a bag of eels and as difficult to nail down. A few good body blows to his person were dealt though (figuratively speaking).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here