Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2024/25 Edition

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
The Guvnor giving up his beer money that day will never arrive! Mind you he has told me he is sticking around for our FA Cup tie, and not travelling north to Goodison.
The fine fella is not stupid, he knows that he will have a good enough day in his home town whoever triumphs at Gorings Mead. Only problem is will he remember it? One of Horshams finest imo but then I only have to put up with him 4 0r 5 times a year!

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Wallingford & Crowmarsh 1-2 Ardley United - Cherry Red Records Combined Counties Football League Premier League North. Decent game, Ardley deserved winners but they wasted a lot of chances so a much more nervy finish than it should have been. Attendance 76 according to the FA.

IMG_20240806_205711.jpg

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
ground number 36 last night was Jubilee Fields, home of Billingshurst for their SCFL Division 1 clash with Alfold.

I'd planned to do this one a few weeks ago for a friendly, only to find out when I got there that they were playing on one of their side pitches.

Anyway, got there just before kick off and managed to squeeze into the sizable car park. This place is basically a large sports field divided into a few football pitches, a very nice looking cricket ground, and the football ground. The football ground is fenced off from the rest but I'm not sure why as you could easily watch the whole game from the other side of the fence, if you were so way inclined.

The ground is right on the edge of Billingshurst and has a bit of a rural feel to it. I am starting to crave a bit of rough having gone to a LOT of quite posh Sussex towns and villages lately.

Entry was £7 and they take card (although prefer cash as, with it being in the middle of nowhere the card machine takes ages)

It's a nice, if a bit "functional" ground. I don't know how old it is but everything here seems quite new and polished. There is only one stand- a fairly small seated affair with seats in the clubs colours. Otherwise there is hard standing all around other than the far side which is not open to spectators.

The clubhouse is very nice actually. It's quite big and is shared with the cricket club. Loads of photos on the walls and even a little shrine of sorts to former Albion youngster James Tilley. The clubhouse is definitely one of the better ones in the SCFL I'd say. Didn't see any of the brown nectar on sale though- big shame.

The game was an absolute massacre and the home side were 5-0 up at half time and Alfold had their goalie to thank for it not being more. Billingshurst then scored twice at the start of the second half and I was half expecting it to reach double figures but they understandably slacked off a bit as the game went on and it ended 7-0. Still very impressive and there was only 5 points separating these sides last season.

Anyway, it's a nice ground but nothing special, clubhouse is very nice.

I now have a little break as I'm going away but the current state of play is that I have now been to 36 grounds, Rottingdean have seemingly dropped out of division 2 meaning the grounds I have left are:

EFL League One:
Crawley Town

Isthmian Premier:
Hastings United

SCFL Premier:
Saltdean United
Crawley Down Gatwick
Crowborough Athletic
Eastbourne United
Little Common
Bexhill United

SCFL Division 1:
AFC Uckfield Town
Mile Oak
Oakwood (/Lingfield who are sharing)
Seaford Town
Infinity

SCFL Division 2:
Rustington
Ferring
Bosham
Southwater
St Francis Rangers
Hailsham Town
Jarvis Brook
TD Shipley

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
ground number 36 last night was Jubilee Fields, home of Billingshurst for their SCFL Division 1 clash with Alfold.

I'd planned to do this one a few weeks ago for a friendly, only to find out when I got there that they were playing on one of their side pitches.

Anyway, got there just before kick off and managed to squeeze into the sizable car park. This place is basically a large sports field divided into a few football pitches, a very nice looking cricket ground, and the football ground. The football ground is fenced off from the rest but I'm not sure why as you could easily watch the whole game from the other side of the fence, if you were so way inclined.

The ground is right on the edge of Billingshurst and has a bit of a rural feel to it. I am starting to crave a bit of rough having gone to a LOT of quite posh Sussex towns and villages lately.

Entry was £7 and they take card (although prefer cash as, with it being in the middle of nowhere the card machine takes ages)

It's a nice, if a bit "functional" ground. I don't know how old it is but everything here seems quite new and polished. There is only one stand- a fairly small seated affair with seats in the clubs colours. Otherwise there is hard standing all around other than the far side which is not open to spectators.

The clubhouse is very nice actually. It's quite big and is shared with the cricket club. Loads of photos on the walls and even a little shrine of sorts to former Albion youngster James Tilley. The clubhouse is definitely one of the better ones in the SCFL I'd say. Didn't see any of the brown nectar on sale though- big shame.

The game was an absolute massacre and the home side were 5-0 up at half time and Alfold had their goalie to thank for it not being more. Billingshurst then scored twice at the start of the second half and I was half expecting it to reach double figures but they understandably slacked off a bit as the game went on and it ended 7-0. Still very impressive and there was only 5 points separating these sides last season.

I now have a little break as I'm going away but the current state of play is that I have now been to 36 grounds, Rottingdean have seemingly dropped out of division 2 meaning the grounds I have left are:

EFL League One:
Crawley Town

Isthmian Premier:
Hastings United

SCFL Premier:
Saltdean United
Crawley Down Gatwick
Crowborough Athletic
Eastbourne United
Little Common
Bexhill United

SCFL Division 1:
AFC Uckfield Town
Mile Oak
Seaford Town
Infinity

SCFL Division 2:
Rustington
Ferring
Bosham
Southwater
St Francis Rangers
Hailsham Town
Jarvis Brook
TD Shipley
James's dad is Chairman of Billingshurst Football Club.

An incredibly hard working guy, who is also a very decent bloke.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I saw Haywards Heath have an easy 3-0 victory over Little Common yesterday evening. Always nice to visit Hanbury stadium and you can park right by the side of the pitch (if you accept the risk of damage!).

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I saw Haywards Heath have an easy 3-0 victory over Little Common yesterday evening. Always nice to visit Hanbury stadium and you can park right by the side of the pitch (if you accept the risk of damage!).
I parked next to the pitch on Saturday at Horsham YMCA, there was a few spaces behind the goal but I avoided them even though there is a big net behind the goal.
I chose to park near the corner flag, unfortunately the Newhaven strikers hit my van 3 times :smile: :wink:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I parked next to the pitch on Saturday at Horsham YMCA, there was a few spaces behind the goal but I avoided them even though there is a big net behind the goal.
I chose to park near the corner flag, unfortunately the Newhaven strikers hit my van 3 times :smile: :wink:
I'm just glad that Jake and his fellow forwards were so off target last weekend! Just hope they keep it up this Saturday for our league fixture/ I have a feeling though that you might be ready for us this time.

Any news on your keeper who had to be taken to hospital with concussion?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm just glad that Jake and his fellow forwards were so off target last weekend! Just hope they keep it up this Saturday for our league fixture/ I have a feeling though that you might be ready for us this time.

Any news on your keeper who had to be taken to hospital with concussion?
Newhaven also lost midweek 4-3, I’m not sure how long the new players will take to settle in.
The keeper didn’t play in the defeat at Crawley Down, that’s all I know

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

EFL League One:
Crawley Town

Isthmian Premier:
Hastings United

SCFL Premier:
Saltdean United
Crawley Down Gatwick
Crowborough Athletic
Eastbourne United
Little Common
Bexhill United

SCFL Division 1:
AFC Uckfield Town
Mile Oak
Seaford Town
Infinity

SCFL Division 2:
Rustington
Ferring
Bosham
Southwater
St Francis Rangers
Hailsham Town
Jarvis Brook
TD Shipley
Thank you for writing these. I really enjoy reading them.

Please do keep it up.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Brackley Town 0-3 Scunthorpe United...was it really that long ago Scunthorpe thumped us at Withdean...? Awful first half bar Scunthorpe's goal. Scunthorpe decided to try and actually play football second unlike Brackley...it worked beautifully.

IMG_20240810_145254.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here