Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2024/25 Edition

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
this is probably the best source of info re: the redevelopment

seems like it's a bit off being ready, but some concrete is down now

Thanks - as you say some way off being ready.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Worthing FC are playing their first 6 games away from home.
If all goes to plan with the building works then the game v Hornchurch on Saturday 7th September will be the first home fixture of the season.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Worthing FC are playing their first 6 games away from home.
If all goes to plan with the building works then the game v Hornchurch on Saturday 7th September will be the first home fixture of the season.
👍

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Three Bridges are about to put down a 3G pitch, so they will be playing "home" matches until about December at ....Chatham Town, which is 46 miles away:-

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I thought I'd wrapped up my ground hopping for July but decided to add one more at the last minute- ground 35 was The Rotherfield, home of Midhurst & Easebourne for their SCFL Premier League clash with newly promoted Wick.

The ground is in Easebourne rather than the larger Midhurst. Seems very well to do round there, my sat nav took me on the most mental route imaginable to get there and back, down a load of single lane country roads- nightmare. However, it was a lovely evening for football, very balmy.

Anyway, the ground is basically a large field with the main football pitch taking up about half of it. There is a lovely little wooden main stand with 4 rows of benches in it, and a small covered standing area behind one goal.

Entry was £7 which included parking on the bit of field next to the pitch. Imagine this gets very muddy in winter.

Possibly the best aspect of this ground is that the clubhouse is absolutely miles from the pitch, resulting in an epic marathon for the players when they're entering the theatre of play. Ironically the song they come out to is "right here, right now"

The clubhouse is quite small and basic, but there's plenty of pictures etc on the walls which is nice.

The home side took the lead fairly early on but to be honest Wick were probably the better side throughout the first half which did end with Midhurst 1-0 up.

Wick equalised very early in the second half but I missed it as I was in the clubhouse getting a MUG of bovril for £1.50. They then scored the winning goal fairly late on (I think) which was thoroughly deserved.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Crowborough 1-1 Eastbourne United

I arrived a couple of minutes late and walked through the gate to see Eastbourne hit the bar from a header and thought it might be a long night given the spending Eastbourne are doing but it wasn't the case. The game pretty much replicated Saturday, Crowborough the more dominant team but struggled in the final third. The visitors looked dangerous on the break. Eastbourne were probably lucky to remain with 11 on the field, ball over the top and Smith was chopped down just outside teh box by the centre half. Ref only thought it was worthy of a yellow and the free kick came to nothing. Crowborough did take the lead just before the break, cross from the right was headed home by the aforementioned Smith. 1-0 probably a fair reflection of the game.

Second half Eastbourne started brightly and got the equaliser 10 minutes or so into the half. I can't tell you what happened as I was at the bar and missed it. Was credited as a Martin Grant (keeper) own goal so I assume it must have cannoned in off him via the post?? Eastbourne looked the better side for probably the next 10 but then seem to completely run out of steam. The last 20/25 minutes was all Crowborough but once again they were pretty wasteful in front of goal.

One each was probably a fair result. It was a decent game in front of a decent 220+ crowd. Good way to spend a very warm Tuesday evening.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
WTF.
Did they have a large supply of crockery?- YES
Were they cool with you trotting off outside with it?- Absolutely, it's very much the done thing there
Did they ask you to bring it back afterwards?- No but I did anyway
Did it feel DECADENT supping out of a proper mug at the football?- Like you wouldn't believe
Did they pepper it?- Sadly no
So many questions...

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I thought I'd wrapped up my ground hopping for July but decided to add one more at the last minute- ground 35 was The Rotherfield, home of Midhurst & Easebourne for their SCFL Premier League clash with newly promoted Wick.

The ground is in Easebourne rather than the larger Midhurst. Seems very well to do round there, my sat nav took me on the most mental route imaginable to get there and back, down a load of single lane country roads- nightmare. However, it was a lovely evening for football, very balmy.

Anyway, the ground is basically a large field with the main football pitch taking up about half of it. There is a lovely little wooden main stand with 4 rows of benches in it, and a small covered standing area behind one goal.

Entry was £7 which included parking on the bit of field next to the pitch. Imagine this gets very muddy in winter.

Possibly the best aspect of this ground is that the clubhouse is absolutely miles from the pitch, resulting in an epic marathon for the players when they're entering the theatre of play. Ironically the song they come out to is "right here, right now"

The clubhouse is quite small and basic, but there's plenty of pictures etc on the walls which is nice.

The home side took the lead fairly early on but to be honest Wick were probably the better side throughout the first half which did end with Midhurst 1-0 up.

Wick equalised very early in the second half but I missed it as I was in the clubhouse getting a MUG of bovril for £1.50. They then scored the winning goal fairly late on (I think) which was thoroughly deserved.
One of those grounds you tick off once ahah

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
FA Cup football at Gorings Mead this afternoon for anyone interested. Our old adversaries Newhaven are the visitors for a 3pm kick-off.

Entry is £7 for adults with £5 for concessions, and kids are free.

Come and fill your boots with non-league football whilst you still can, most of us will be busy concentratiing on the Premier League in a couple of weeks!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
FA Cup football at Gorings Mead this afternoon for anyone interested. Our old adversaries Newhaven are the visitors for a 3pm kick-off.

Entry is £7 for adults with £5 for concessions, and kids are free.

Come and fill your boots with non-league football whilst you still can, most of us will be busy concentratiing on the Premier League in a couple of weeks!
Is there parking available at the ground?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This afternoon I am going on a mystery trip. Looking at the fixtures for the Extra Preliminary Round of the FA Cup, one caught my eye; Longlevens vs. Winslow United, 3.00pm. Longlevens is a part of Gloucester very near me. There tends to be a bit of regionality about the FA Cup at this stage, but there were other local clubs, like Lydney Town and Tuffley Rovers in the same part of the draw. Looks like it could be my local Longlevens, then.
I Googled Longlevens FC, but being Gloucester it came up with the bloody Longevens egg-chasers, so, OK, look up Longlevens AFC - Success! The ground is only a few hundred yards away (I knew there was a football pitch there, but assumed it was part of Wall's Social Club). Now for the mystery - the club's website stated that they had no fixtures today!
So, at 2.30ish this afternoon, I shall stroll up and see for myself whether the BBC is right and there is a cup match for me to watch or not. It's a nice day for it anyway!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
This afternoon I am going on a mystery trip. Looking at the fixtures for the Extra Preliminary Round of the FA Cup, one caught my eye; Longlevens vs. Winslow United, 3.00pm. Longlevens is a part of Gloucester very near me. There tends to be a bit of regionality about the FA Cup at this stage, but there were other local clubs, like Lydney Town and Tuffley Rovers in the same part of the draw. Looks like it could be my local Longlevens, then.
I Googled Longlevens FC, but being Gloucester it came up with the bloody Longevens egg-chasers, so, OK, look up Longlevens AFC - Success! The ground is only a few hundred yards away (I knew there was a football pitch there, but assumed it was part of Wall's Social Club). Now for the mystery - the club's website stated that they had no fixtures today!
So, at 2.30ish this afternoon, I shall stroll up and see for myself whether the BBC is right and there is a cup match for me to watch or not. It's a nice day for it anyway!
There you go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here