Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2024/25 Edition

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Telscombe Cliffs
Absolutely loving the non-league scene, feel a good connection and spirit with clubs that sadly just gets lost to a degree watching the Albion these days, the price of success I guess! I will be mainly hanging out at Peacehaven and Lewes but interested which I have done for a few seasons now ( owners now too ) and making my first trips to Newhaven and seeing what's going on with saltdeans ground developments.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Respect for venturing out in that. Strange for Div 2 clubs that don’t have the facilities for promotion, but Upper Beeding are an important part of the local football scene.

absolutely!

On a separate note I wonder how Storrington were permitted to get promotion to Division 1? I've played there in the past and it's surely on par with the likes of Upper Beeding, Rustington etc- are they ground sharing?!

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Absolutely loving the non-league scene, feel a good connection and spirit with clubs that sadly just gets lost to a degree watching the Albion these days, the price of success I guess! I will be mainly hanging out at Peacehaven and Lewes but interested which I have done for a few seasons now ( owners now too ) and making my first trips to Newhaven and seeing what's going on with saltdeans ground developments.
We’ll know more today but Peacehaven are expected to be ground sharing with Eastbourne Town initially next season.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Why is this the case?
I’m out of touch these days but allegedly there has been a survey re the pending artificial pitch has highlighted something of archaeological interest so apparently there’s gonna be a dig.
Friendlies are all away and I believe the season is initially gonna start at The Saffrons. Like I say, apparently we should know more today.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’m out of touch these days but allegedly there has been a survey re the pending artificial pitch has highlighted something of archaeological interest so apparently there’s gonna be a dig.
Friendlies are all away and I believe the season is initially gonna start at The Saffrons. Like I say, apparently we should know more today.
I heard about this at the weekend, seems odd sharing in Eastbourne.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Off to visit and tick off Cray Wanderers….
Nah, yer alright

IMG_4448.jpeg

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
absolutely!

On a separate note I wonder how Storrington were permitted to get promotion to Division 1? I've played there in the past and it's surely on par with the likes of Upper Beeding, Rustington etc- are they ground sharing?!
I don’t think so. I’m not sure but I guess Storrington will be playing at the local recreation ground. They were promoted last season after relegation from Division 1 the season prior - I believe they were playing at the same ground then.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
absolutely!

They have floodlights, hard standing & a mini stand - set right back from the pitch - so cover most of the criteria

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Ground number 30 last night: The Seal Bay Stadium, home of Selsey (SCFL 1) for their pre season friendly with Bosham (SCFL 2). I was originally planning on going to Ferring but to be honest I still had PTSD from being caught in the rain last week and didn't want to risk it- so I wanted SOME sort of shelter. As it happened it was a mostly splendid evening.

Selsey is, of course, a biatch to get to with no train station and only really one road in and one road out. But anyway, I got there a bit early and popped down to the seafront for a lovely view of the Isle of Wight (why is that island so synonymous with a "good view"?!). Got to the ground about 15 mins before kick off and there was still a few parking spots available. It's situated just set back from the high street next door to the co-op.

Inside you'll find one decent sized main stand on the far side. It's got a couple of rows of seating with a walkway behind which some people were using for standing. As ever it gets a thumbs up for having seats in the club colours as well as the clubs name written on the roof. There's also a covered standing area behind one goal. Most of the crowd seemed to congregate on the other side to the main stand next to the clubhouse....

....The clubhouse is pretty good. Fairly big for a ground this size, a few screens, dartboard and a decent drinks selection. What I loved is that the walls are PLASTERED with memorabilia including a plethora of signed shirts from the likes of Jimmy Greaves, Adam Virgo and what seemed like the whole Hinshelwood family. A really solid effort for a club of this stature

No bovril available "until the season starts" so I settled for a hot chocolate aka "chocolate bovril".

Didn't pay much attention to the game, I think it was 2-0.

selsey.jpg

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Enjoyed Lewes 0 Crawley 2 last night. FDM and Mark Bright(spit) were in attendance. seemed a proper Crawley line up with a few trialists on the second and they made some meaty challenges. Ex Albion youngster keeper was very good for Lewes (both goals were lucky rebounds). Lewes looked decent and well organised, still lacking up front though

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Petersfield town (a) - Love lane

This is a lovely addition to the county league after they were moved sideways from the Wessex league for This season.

Last night I went to see them play Horndean who are in the step above (Isthmain south east) and after a brave first half display the second half was rather one sided and the result finished 0-4 to the Deans.

Oh and county league recompleted with this visit ✅

Attachments

• IMG_5158.jpeg
    IMG_5158.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5159.jpeg
    IMG_5159.jpeg
    752.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5160.jpeg
    IMG_5160.jpeg
    947.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5161.jpeg