Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
7 goal thriller at Tolworth tonight.

Worthing 3-1 in front and well on top in the first half - Ollie Pearce with a hat trick.

Kingstonian made a couple of half time changes and looked a changed side at the start of the 2nd half. They were gifted a route back into the game after a defensive lapse.

Made it 3-3 with a free header from a set play but Worthing grabbed the winner on 75, Starkey scoring direct from a free kick taken from near the corner flag.

Great entertainment, Worthing looked superb going forward with the 2 wingers, Pattenden and Meekums, dominant especially in the first half.

Defensively they need to improve, 2 goals conceded from set plays.

Massive 3 points though against a Kingstonian side that had previously won 5 from 5 at home.

Next up a trip to the league leaders, Enfield Town, on Saturday.

Probably the best game of football I've seen all season, two fantastic teams.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I decided to go to a local derby today in the FA Cup - Barnet v Boreham Wood.

Wow! What a load of wànkers working at the Hive and supporters of both clubs. Had a good journey up there and went to the ticket office where I only had cash on me. The complete àrsehole of a steward said no cash is excepted. WTF? I said I forgot my card but brought a few notes. I've never experienced this at such a low level of football. As it's an FA competition, surely the club can't make decisions to refuse cash? Now stewards have often been unpleasant to genuine football fans but this guy was something else. Something else entirely. When a very drunk B' Wood supporter walked past who could hardly fùcking stand I said "So are you just going to let that pissed out of his skull moron walk into the ground or contact the police on your radio to refuse entry?" "Not my problem". he said. I asked three other supporters - in a group, a pair and someone I actually knew - none of them could actually be bothered to put the money on their card and accept my £15. By this time it was getting close to kick-off and I was getting a bit 'emotional' should I say. Finally a gingered-haired gentleman with his son saw I was upset and agreed to my request. I actually gave him a £20 note and said he could have a beer on me but as he was driving, said it was ok. Is this country producing only one in four really decent, friendly and salt-of-the-earth people? The mood around the ground was pretty ugly all afternoon.

As for the match, it was absolutely dreadful with Boreham Wood and their thuggish fans getting a 1-0 victory. Neither side kept possession for more than 30 seconds on the pitch. It really does make me appreciate the Amex and the incredibly friendly staff working there, either for football or medical when I went for a CT scan there three months ago.

As I headed past the ticket office after the match, I gave a five-knuckle shuffle gesture to the employees still working there. The best feeling all day! Never again will I visit that heap of crap run by idiots and their RIDICULOUS rules. Pathetic little non-league club.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Well done to Horsham on their brilliant victory over Woking! I hope they get their dream draw of Crawley (or Portsmouth or Sunderland) in the first round of the FA Cup. :clap:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I would warn Lewes are now cashless as as are a few other hand at their level and it will be the norm ( or majority) soon.
Lots of savings in wages/volunteer's time at ticket office/ banking/gates etc

Wow! What a load of wànkers working at the Hive and supporters of both clubs. Had a good journey up there and went to the ticket office where I only had cash on me. The complete àrsehole of a steward said no cash is excepted. WTF? I said I forgot my card but brought a few notes. I've never experienced this at such a low level of football. As it's an FA competition, surely the club can't make decisions to refuse cash? Now stewards have often been unpleasant to genuine football fans but this guy was something else. Something else entirely. When a very drunk B' Wood supporter walked past who could hardly fùcking stand I said "So are you just going to let that pissed out of his skull moron walk into the ground or contact the police on your radio to refuse entry?" "Not my problem". he said. I asked three other supporters - in a group, a pair and someone I actually knew - none of them could actually be bothered to put the money on their card and accept my £15. By this time it was getting close to kick-off and I was getting a bit 'emotional' should I say. Finally a gingered-haired gentleman with his son saw I was upset and agreed to my request. I actually gave him a £20 note and said he could have a beer on me but as he was driving, said it was ok. Is this country producing only one in four really decent, friendly and salt-of-the-earth people? The mood around the ground was pretty ugly all afternoon.

As for the match, it was absolutely dreadful with Boreham Wood and their thuggish fans getting a 1-0 victory. Neither side kept possession for more than 30 seconds on the pitch. It really does make me appreciate the Amex and the incredibly friendly staff working there, either for football or medical when I went for a CT scan there three months ago.

As I headed past the ticket office after the match, I gave a five-knuckle shuffle gesture to the employees still working there. The best feeling all day! Never again will I visit that heap of crap run by idiots and their RIDICULOUS rules. Pathetic little non-league club.

Outrageous! I would say that would be the exception to the rule with most non league clubs, further down the pyramid the welcome gets better I would say.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I went to Steyning v Newhaven today.
Ended 1-1, well taken goal for Steyning in the first half, Newhaven equalised with a penalty. Newhaven had another penalty saved near the end.
Man of the match was the Steyning keeper Jordan Hawkins, not just for the penalty save but stopped a few more decent shots.

Definitely enjoyed the visit to the Shooting Field, friendly club.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Enfield Town 2 Worthing 2.

Decent spectacle with the draw a fair result, both sides dangerous going forward but porous in defence.

Worthing twice in front with a goal from Pattenden and a fine header from Meekums.

Enfield twice levelled, Faal setting up the first and scoring the second himself. He is one of the best forwards in the division and certainly had the beating of the Worthing defence today.

Still, 4 points from 2 tough away fixtures in 4 days is a handy return.

Lewes at home next on Saturday which will be another very tough encounter and a good game to watch.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Thanks [MENTION=3166]keaton[/MENTION] and [MENTION=12634]Return of the Rev[/MENTION]

Banks that have printed all the new plastic notes must be wondering why on earth they did it! I wonder how much card fraud is as a crime, percentage wise?

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Enfield Town 2 Worthing 2.

Decent spectacle with the draw a fair result, both sides dangerous going forward but porous in defence.

Worthing twice in front with a goal from Pattenden and a fine header from Meekums.

Enfield twice levelled, Faal setting up the first and scoring the second himself. He is one of the best forwards in the division and certainly had the beating of the Worthing defence today.

Still, 4 points from 2 tough away fixtures in 4 days is a handy return.

Lewes at home next on Saturday which will be another very tough encounter and a good game to watch.

Glad to hear Worthing are doing well. My nephew is signed up by them and they're a really good, friendly team. Hope they get promoted to the National League South! :)

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham

Well they must be once in a while Borehamwood thuggish fans as in many meetings with them i've never seen anyone thuggish. Barnet are Barnet we wont open the end behind the goal for 300 away fans [not enough] so we'll put you in the stand on the side and charge £25:tosser: We have Barnet away 2 weeks time live on BT Sport . Thinking of missing it and watching at home . The area is completly barren of pubs aswell awful place . In other news we got knocked out the cup by the mighty Bowers and Pitsea . We are turd:lolol:

Well they must be once in a while Borehamwood thuggish fans as in many meetings with them i've never seen anyone thuggish. Barnet are Barnet we wont open the end behind the goal for 300 away fans [not enough] so we'll put you in the stand on the side and charge £25:tosser: We have Barnet away 2 weeks time live on BT Sport . Thinking of missing it and watching at home . The area is completly barren of pubs aswell awful place . In other news we got knocked out the cup by the mighty Bowers and Pitsea . We are turd:lolol:
Hoping to come up for the Woking game at the rec:moo:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I would warn Lewes are now cashless as as are a few other hand at their level and it will be the norm ( or majority) soon.
Lots of savings in wages/volunteer's time at ticket office/ banking/gates etc

This is good advice about Lewes being cashless.
I have just looked at the Lewes FC website and could not see any mention of this, I could see how to buy advanced tickets and prices for a recent U18s cup game.

I haven’t been to watch Lewes this season but I do think if they no longer take cash on the gate it should be made clearer on their site. Maybe I just wasn’t looking in the right place :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here