Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Lewes v Leatherhead tomorrow night - can't wait. It will be the first time I've seen the Rooks this season. Then I'm booked in for the big one at Worthing on the 23rd.

Will the clubhouse at Woodside Rd stay open afterwards to watch our match against City does anyone know?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Lewes v Leatherhead tomorrow night - can't wait. It will be the first time I've seen the Rooks this season. Then I'm booked in for the big one at Worthing on the 23rd.

Will the clubhouse at Woodside Rd stay open afterwards to watch our match against City does anyone know?

I don't have a categorical answer, but the club would be absolute eejits if it didn't. Imagine the increase in bar takings just by staying open for an extra couple of hourss or so.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Frustration continues to grow at Gorings Mead, as YM are now seven games without a victory, after our latest heavy defeat, this time by 4-1 to Eastbourne (AFC Uckfield Town) United.

I say Uckfield, because until very recently the manager and his coaching staff, plus many of the players, left enmasse and went to Eastbourne United.

It was agame that we had targetted as one that we hoped to get points from, as both teams are languishing in the bottom half of the table. It simply wasn't to be though as our visitors quickly stormed into a three goal lead, before, with the game already won, easing off a little, then scoring a fourth late on, and allowing YM to net a consolation right at the end.

Thank the Lord for Varndeanians and East Preston say l, because without them now virtually cut adrift at the bottom, relegation could beckon.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Frustration continues to grow at Gorings Mead, as YM are now seven games without a victory, after our latest heavy defeat, this time by 4-1 to Eastbourne (AFC Uckfield Town) United.

I say Uckfield, because until very recently the manager and his coaching staff, plus many of the players, left enmasse and went to Eastbourne United.

It was agame that we had targetted as one that we hoped to get points from, as both teams are languishing in the bottom half of the table. It simply wasn't to be though as our visitors quickly stormed into a three goal lead, before, with the game already won, easing off a little, then scoring a fourth late on, and allowing YM to net a consolation right at the end.

Thank the Lord for Varndeanians and East Preston say l, because without them now virtually cut adrift at the bottom, relegation could beckon.

I watch YM whenever I'm not watching BHA, having played there for 10 years in the 80s and 90s.

The current team is a poor side and there's a district lack of leaders now that DC is managing rather than playing.

I would imagine the target this year has to be to stay up, and rebuild - hopefully they will get the 4G pitch sorted which will in turn generate some income for the club.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I watch YM whenever I'm not watching BHA, having played there for 10 years in the 80s and 90s.

The current team is a poor side and there's a district lack of leaders now that DC is managing rather than playing.

I would imagine the target this year has to be to stay up, and rebuild - hopefully they will get the 4G pitch sorted which will in turn generate some income for the club.

Obviously playing under the great John Souter then, what a servant to the club he was, managing the side for nigh on twenty years.

I'm sure that were l to know it, yours would be a name l would recognise too.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
1014 at Hastings v Ashford yesterday .

1014 plus at least 6 dogs , an incredible turnout for a FA Trophy 2nd qualifying round match with season ticket holders paying .

Tuesday nights game at the Pilot Field has been cancelled due to the away side ( Whitstable Town ) being involved in a Kent Senior cup tie .

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage(3).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage(3).jpg
    498.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Webp.net-resizeimage(4).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage(4).jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 92

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
I don't have a categorical answer, but the club would be absolute eejits if it didn't. Imagine the increase in bar takings just by staying open for an extra couple of hourss or so.

Common sense would say yes but sometimes, like last Saturday v Stortford, the clubhouse closed early after the game owing to a private function.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
That's a fantastic crowd at Hastings. Hopefully they will earn a well deserved promotion this season after being clear at the top when the 19/20 season was halted.
Exciting times ahead as I see they have submitted plans for a new stadium.

FA Trophy draw released this afternoon. Worthing have been handed a tricky tie away at Chertsey Town.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
1014 plus at least 6 dogs , an incredible turnout for a FA Trophy 2nd qualifying round match with season ticket holders paying .

Tuesday nights game at the Pilot Field has been cancelled due to the away side ( Whitstable Town ) being involved in a Kent Senior cup tie .

A quality ground i need to still visit.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Great win tonight Shoreham 4 Hailsham 1 before a crowd of 143 on a Tuesday night. Great season for Shoreham so far, 2nd In the league and unbeaten away from home. Only lost 1 all season and that was because we had 8 players out with covid. Also into the 1st round proper of the fa Vase

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Great win tonight Shoreham 4 Hailsham 1 before a crowd of 143 on a Tuesday night. Great season for Shoreham so far, 2nd In the league and unbeaten away from home. Only lost 1 all season and that was because we had 8 players out with covid. Also into the 1st round proper of the fa Vase

Enjoyable game. Deserved win for Shoreham and the 3rd goal was a great hit from 20 yards.
Thought the crowd looked decent, 143 on an evening when England were on TV is a good effort.
With Roffey losing tonight Shoreham move up to 2nd.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Phew. Steyning should have beaten Alford at home fairly comfortably, but a couple of mishaps from the keeper put the score at 3-2 and when Alford got a penalty it looked like at least two points had been gifted. But redemption for the keeper who saved the penalty. It was all action. And a good bounce back from a thumping from Saltdean at the weekend.

Great win tonight Shoreham 4 Hailsham 1 before a crowd of 143 on a Tuesday night. Great season for Shoreham so far, 2nd In the league and unbeaten away from home. Only lost 1 all season and that was because we had 8 players out with covid. Also into the 1st round proper of the fa Vase[/QUOTE

Let's just hope you keep the 8 good players fit then,. ???

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
7 goal thriller at Tolworth tonight.

Worthing 3-1 in front and well on top in the first half - Ollie Pearce with a hat trick.

Kingstonian made a couple of half time changes and looked a changed side at the start of the 2nd half. They were gifted a route back into the game after a defensive lapse.

Made it 3-3 with a free header from a set play but Worthing grabbed the winner on 75, Starkey scoring direct from a free kick taken from near the corner flag.

Great entertainment, Worthing looked superb going forward with the 2 wingers, Pattenden and Meekums, dominant especially in the first half.

Defensively they need to improve, 2 goals conceded from set plays.

Massive 3 points though against a Kingstonian side that had previously won 5 from 5 at home.

Next up a trip to the league leaders, Enfield Town, on Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here