Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
So, we’re due to play Barnet away on Saturday in front of what looks set to be a sold out away end accounting for a majority of the crowd on the day. Somewhat unusually, Barnet do not release tickets to be sold by the opposition, meaning that they can only be purchased via the Barnet web site.

Also on sale are tickets for Barnet’s following home game against Bromley. An eagle-eyed Town fan spotted that they were not exactly selling like hot cakes, so wrote ‘GTFC’ into their seating plan by adding select tickets to their basket. This is the Bromley reposte…

Untitled1.png

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
Comfortable win for the Golds at Hassocks to reach another cup final.

Goals from Joe Benn and George Gaskin ensured safe passage, despite going down to 10 men in the first half, UTG

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Thank you.
I sent Hassocks a message on Twitter about parking and they replied and said there is loads of parking and an overflow car park they are planning to open if required ( for Wednesday final )

There was plenty of parking this evening as they used an adjoining field as an overflow car park, although I imagine the crowd will be even larger next week for the final. Nice little set-up there.

Littlehampton too strong for Hassocks tonight, even with a few players rested and after going down to ten men before half time. 2-0 at a canter, to be honest. Three games left this season for The Golds, all cup finals.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
You’re right…..someone has got a drum :D

Unfortunately, that picture doesn't tell the whole story and I fear a line may have been crossed after the final whistle with the setting off of fireworks and more smoke bombs being thrown around. Hassocks have now pulled out of hosting the Peter Bentley Cup Final next week as they don't feel able to manage such a 'challenging' set of supporters. Sussex FA are reportedly threatening to play that game behind closed doors if they can't find a suitable venue.

I can't say I'm massively surprised; as brilliant as it is to have such a vociferous and enthusiastic crowd at this level, there has to be a certain level of restraint. It's nothing that can't be solved with proper stewarding, but County League clubs are just not set up for it. I hope it doesn't end up putting a damper on what has been an amazing season for Littlehampton.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Unfortunately, that picture doesn't tell the whole story and I fear a line may have been crossed after the final whistle with the setting off of fireworks and more smoke bombs being thrown around. Hassocks have now pulled out of hosting the Peter Bentley Cup Final next week as they don't feel able to manage such a 'challenging' set of supporters. Sussex FA are reportedly threatening to play that game behind closed doors if they can't find a suitable venue.

I can't say I'm massively surprised; as brilliant as it is to have such a vociferous and enthusiastic crowd at this level, there has to be a certain level of restraint. It's nothing that can't be solved with proper stewarding, but County League clubs are just not set up for it. I hope it doesn't end up putting a damper on what has been an amazing season for Littlehampton.

Just seen the game is off until further notice, third time lucky.
Looking at the Hassocks Twitter feed from last night they mentioned a smoke bomb being thrown at their goalkeeper, maybe it’s the photo in that post.
I’ve seen Ringmer FC mentioned and they have tweeted that they are happy to help. I went there recently and it’s a decent ground, brand new with a 3G pitch.

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
Indeed, although not at the goalkeeper, whom was actually quite funny. No excuse though and those morons doing that will tarnish the club. Can't even blame the yoof for that as it was an adult whom did the deed. Fireworks, just leave them to November! They were also adults whom should know better.

Heard the SCFL are meeting and it may even be behind closed doors, which isn't fair on those whom go for the proper reasons.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Looking at the Hassocks Twitter feed from last night they mentioned a smoke bomb being thrown at their goalkeeper, maybe it’s the photo in that post.
I’ve seen Ringmer FC mentioned and they have tweeted that they are happy to help. I went there recently and it’s a decent ground, brand new with a 3G pitch.

I suspect that Ringmer are unaware of the reason behind Hassocks declining to host the game.

There were loads of smoke bombs let off last night, which I don't have a problem with at all - especially in such an open arena - but they were thrown in the direction of the keeper a couple of times, which is a bit stupid. I think the issue was more to do with the fireworks being let off at full time and some of the more general behaviour.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Indeed, although not at the goalkeeper, whom was actually quite funny. No excuse though and those morons doing that will tarnish the club. Can't even blame the yoof for that as it was an adult whom did the deed. Fireworks, just leave them to November! They were also adults whom should know better.

Heard the SCFL are meeting and it may even be behind closed doors, which isn't fair on those whom go for the proper reasons.

Yes, I should have mentioned that the keeper didn't seem remotely bothered.

Although we won, it wasn't a great night for Littlehampton as we had a player sent off which means he now misses all three finals, including the game at Wembley. Gutted for him. The Hassocks player didn't help by hitting the deck as if he'd been shot, only to bounce back up and offer a salute to the departing player immediately after the card had been shown. Can't appeal as there is no video evidence.

Souless at Ringmer :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here